Alberto Vo5 Alberto V05 Extra Body Conditioner

Price: $

Price: $

Water (Aqua), Cetyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Stearalkonium Chloride, Stearyl Alcohol,Steareth-21, Glyceryl Stearate , Keratin Amino Acids/Lysine Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chlrodie, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Tocopheryl Acetate, Biotin, Niacinamide, Plysorbate 20, Ascorbic Acid, Panthenol, Disodium EDTA, DMD Hydantoin, Fragrance Parfum, Yellow 6 CI 15985 , Yellow 5 CI 19140

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This conditioner is peach-colored and thin (watery). It pours quickly so it's easy to add more conditioner than intended. My hair is short, dry, somewhat curly, and color-treated. I use this conditioner together with the matching shampoo or with Alberto VO5 Moisturizing Shampoo and let my hair air-dry. My hair has shine and body.

Not at all happy about the scent change. The bottle I bought back in 2012 smelled so amazing and musky-balsamic. The post-2012 bottles are a totally different scent, it now smells so blah and boring and generic-shampoo-smell. Very disappointed with this. When I would use the old conditioner and I would walk by or interact with people when my hair was still wet, people would comment on how amazing I smelled. It happened a few different times. It was my hair, the smell of VO5 Extra Body lingered on my wet hair and smelled so nice and creamy and musky and sexy. Now it smells awful. Please bring back the old scent, nothing else smells like that former scent. Flex conditioner resembled it in its balsam scent, but the VO5 Extra Body had more musk. So sad that it's gone.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I swear by this stuff. I have very fine hair, and a lot of it might I add, and this stuff is the only conditioner I've used that doesn't weigh down my hair. I actually have volume!! The conditioner is very thin and runny and rinses out well without leaving residue behind. It gets the job done. Plus it's super cheap! It's the only conditioner that I've ever used that I've actually liked. I'm not crazy over the smell. It smells like a bottle of grandma, but the smell doesn't really linger so it's okay.

I purchased this with the clarifying version in a giant pump bottle. Yes! Love the huge bottles. This is definitely for people who don't want anything left behind on their hair. Good: light, balsam fragrance; rinses well; like the other pump bottles, you get a lot for your money. Problematic: thin and runny, which might not suit thick and coarse hair; tend to use more because it's so light; little moisture.
This is ideal for oily or fine hair, or if you're like me, I can use it as a leave-in given I don't use too much. This will not soak moisture into your hair but because it's so light, it also won't weigh it down.
And how can you beat 24fl oz for nearly two dollars?

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I bought this because I just needed a conditioner, and this was super cheap at the dollar store (maybe just a dollar?). It conditions, but it doesn't exactly condition well -- it leaves my hair feeling dry, and I think adding extra body means that it adds more frizz to my hair. Lesson learned: spend a little more for better haircare products.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This, so far, is my second favorite co- washing conditioner but may soon become my HG. Since Vo5 has improved the fragrance of this I love it. I have tried to used this many times in the past usually as a regular, silicone -free light conditioner after shampooing and even though its thin it did quite well on my long, yet thinner dry/ damaged length. I just hated the scent- it was to strong and lingered to long on my hair. I used to prefer more floral or perfumy scents but no longer, I perefer more "natural" clean or herbally/ musky scents. Vo5 extra body conditioner has the same fresh clean balsam like scent it used to but its much softer now. As for co -washing it leaves my hair feeling soft, clean and moisturized. I think it is slighlty more moisturizing than some of the other vo5 conditoners even though they are basically the same. I really wouldn't call it extra body but it does not weigh hair down. I generally "doctor up" my conditioners for co- washing with a tea/rosemary infusion and lavender essential oil- the best conditoners (scent wise) to mix this with was the Vo5 tea conditoners but the Extra Body is better. Its also a great to mix with oils,aloe and honey for a deep overnight conditioner. Great basic conditioner for co washing or regular conditioning just may not be "strong" enough for really thick, dry fried hair.

I picked this up at Walmart yesturday for just $1.00. I thought for a buck it wouldn't hurt to try it. First off I love the smell. So fresh and clean. I was surprised when i towel dried my hair it still smelled so good. My comb went right through my hair. I have fine, flat, thin hair. My hair always has tangles even with my expensive brands. I then blowed dry my hair and WOW the volume was unreal. 6 hours later still full of volume. I really like this product and will buy it again. I think when i go back i will buy the matching shampoo and see how that goes!

This conditioner seemed like it might be good for my fine hair. I used to like brands like Revlon Flex and Suave Balsam and Protein, but they since have been discontinued. My mother used to buy Vo5 when I was a kid, so I decided to try this since it was only $1. It's a thin, runny conditioner, which I don't mind since my hair is fine. I only used a little bit and rinsed well, and it did very strange things to my hair. My hair ended up very flat and feeling waxy/coated, yet my hair looked a little frizzy and dry. Dry hair is normally not my issue, so I thought that was really strange. The nice, clean balsam scent is also gone. The really cheapened the quality and scent of this product. Overall, a huge disappointment. I would not even use this as a CO-wash to get henna or coconut oil out of my hair.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I was excited about using this conditioner. this doesnt add body or add volume like the bottle says. I used this yesterday before my night out and it made my hair look terrible like straw, i should of wear my hair in a ponytail. I might as well use this as a shave cream for my legs!

I did not like this conditioner at all. It doesn't detangle my hair but instead gave me more tangles! The only thing i like was that it has a thin consistency unlike other conditioners with cones.