September 3, 2014 | 1078 users online

Lotions/ Creams - La Mer - The Body Creme

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2013 11:46:00 AM More reviews by luluhalabaloo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

For me to spend this kind of money and rate a product five stars - well, that's saying alot. This is the best body creme I have used, bar none. It moisturizes quickly and stays that way. I feel soft and clean, not a greasy mess. I have extremely dry skin due to hormonal changes and moving to a very dry climate, and my skin has been itchy and powdery and looking awful and older than it needs to. The first time I applied it, last night, before going to a symphony, I was worried about greasiness, but it set right in. I did feel itchy anywhere but on my back and under my arms and that's where I did not put it. Everything else felt soft and looked moisturized and more elastic. This morning, I still feel moisturized all except for my hands, which feel super dry because of washing and I can literally see the difference. I am going right now to buy it. If it moisturizes like this, and I have tried everything including spa products from Europe, it will be worth the price.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2013 3:09:00 PM More reviews by hippodeem

i love how it is so thick and great for very dry skin, no miracle cream, it is just great for dry skin, but nothing more. the smell makes me sick as it is so strong. i am sticking to my old favorite SISLEY confort extreme body cream for the winter dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2011 3:22:00 AM More reviews by louisvking

This is my second favorite La Mer product. My favorite, of course, being La Mer's Lip balm. The Body Creme is the best moisturizing cream I have tried.

The scent is something that you would expect from La Mer. I do not find it overpowering though. Some lotions/creams I only use before bed because I don't want to smell like them throughout the day; I don't have that problem with La Mer. The moisturizing benefits of this product are unparalleled. It leaves my skin hydrated but does not make my skin feel greasy like other creams would.

I have tried to find an alternative to this since I find it to be insanely priced, but I can't. I find most other luxury skin care lines make laughable body products. I've ventured into other brands outside of the department store, but nothing compares.

La Mer's The Body Creme is simply the best!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2011 6:26:00 PM More reviews by Avril14th

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Just received my online from Saks. I had to have LaMer body creme since I love Creme de la mer for my face. It was very thick(nowhere near as thick as the face creme, this spreads easily) and did not leave me greasy however as I look at the skin on my feet 30 minutes later, they do not look moisurized. The worst part is I had to return this and the hand creme because of the smell. It is not that the smell is too strong but as soon as I applied it I got an instant headache. I am one of those people that is very sensitive to smells and will get a headache from them very easily.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2011 11:16:00 AM More reviews by CarolW59

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've tried many other body creams but this one is at the top of the list by far! The silkiness and smell are fabulous! Plus, the significant other always notices when I wear it and comments on how soft my skin is and how wonderful I smell! If it's noticed by the male counterpart - it's worth the extra cash to me!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2011 5:21:00 PM More reviews by asortafairytale

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I like this. I bought the tube (not the jar) when it first came out a couple years ago. And then when I stopped by La Mer in the mall, I was lucky to get a few samples of it too. It moisturizes well. It feels great, smells great. its a little greasy at the start but soaks in quickly. but I get better results for my dry winter skin with aveeno lotion, which is literally 20x cheaper. so it is a waste of money. They dont even put any of their "miracle broth" in it, which they should. Hey, if it worked better than aveeno, I'd be willing to buy it again. If I had money to burn, yeah I'd probably buy it again, but not now.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2011 2:12:00 AM More reviews by raenamercedi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The Creme de la Mer The Body Creme is a good body moisturizer. I apply following a bath or shower when my skin has been lightly toweled off but is still slightly damp. I notice that my skin is very soft and supple following application. I do not mind the jar packaging.
My only complaint with CDLM The Body Creme is the scent. It is a clean almost medicinal scent, but it does not smell similar to any of the other CDLM products I have used. The scent has a note to it that I do not care for, but I can not put my finger on it as to what it smells like. Without this odd scent, I would give this product a "4" for overall rating.
I will not be re-purchasing this product due to it's scent and cost.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2010 10:22:00 PM More reviews by Swimblock

I've been trying a sample of this on my lower legs and Olay's Age Transition Body Serum on my thighs and I think the Olay skin is softer and more hydrated. The La Mer skin feels dry and flaky. Now I do like and have been using for a while La Mer's cleansing foam, hand creme and lip balm. I recently bought the moisture gel and like it so far. But I don't think the body creme is worth $195 when Olay does a better job moisturizing and hydrating for about $15. Otherwise, I would have forked over the money. In fact, I think La Prairie's cellular body moisturizer does a better job if you are going to spend a lot of money on a body moisturizer.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2010 11:35:00 PM More reviews by psumibcay83

Let me get down to business and tell you that.... I'm in LOVE with this stuff!!! This is the best moisturizer ever! Although it's very pricey it works like a charm. I'm in the healthcare field therefore I am constantly washing my hands. Which causes my hands to become cracked in between my fingers and dry all over. I always have a bottle of hand lotion/cream in my locker to use but, everything I've tried never ever came close to Le Mer! After two days of using it my hands are softer then my 2 year olds bottom! My huuby even noticed the dramatic difference in the texture and how soft my hands become. I used Le Mer ony legs last night (I have dry skin on my legs and suffer from scaley apperance no matter how much body lotion I put on in the morning the ugly scales appear by the afternoon) now it's the evening and they're soft with NO SCALES.. YAHOO!!!! This stuff works miracles!!! I only wonder if it will help the KP that I have on the back of my upper arms and the top of my thighs?? But, I'll post an update if I can see a difference and how long it took. I gave this product 4 lippies due to the fact that it is so expensive. But, I'm now an addict of this line and I'd like to try all the products that would apply to my needs.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2010 12:13:00 PM More reviews by julia178

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Pros:
- Rich and really moisturizing, yet not sticky.
Cons:
- Very expensive
- Bulky jar
- Too strongly fragranced
Overall: Excellent product at a very steep price point. Jar could be more compact with less room in between the double walls. Those thick walls make it bulkier and harder to handle than necessary. I would definitely much prefer this body cream with less heavy fragrance or, even better, in a fragrance-free version. Nevertheless, will buy again, especially for dry winter skin.