April 21, 2014 | 934 users online

Moisturizers - The Body Shop - Aloe Soothing Day Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2014 12:23:00 AM More reviews by laula

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this cream after doing a lot of searching online for a good cream that isn't full of chemicals and wouldn't irritate my already red and very dry skin. Canadian winters aren't the most gentle on your skin, and my efforts of only using coconut oil left me with alligator skin. I wanted to get something that wasn't from a drugstore (you can't read half the ingredients on any of the products, especially Aveeno!), and something that would alleviate the redness but was reasonably priced. I settled on this Day Cream and used it that night. The tub isn't the most sanitary of containers, but you're usually putting on your creams after you wash your face so germs aren't my biggest concern. The smell is pretty neutral and the cream was a thin consistency and was quickly absorbed. I used it with the night cream and my alligator skin disappeared in one day!

I thought this was just a one-off, so after 3 weeks of using the product, I have to say I've found my HG moisturizer. I can't be all natural and use coconut oil, but this has given me my skin back. It's now permanently smooth, radiant and clear with no breakouts (besides my usual hormonal ones), and my blackheads have taken a vacation! I would definitely buy this again.

I also bought the night cream with equally amazing results!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2014 9:00:00 PM More reviews by klseey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Vey good product, feels light on the skin. Does its job very well, and one tiny tub of this has lasted me almost a year.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2014 5:51:00 PM More reviews by supasparkle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Great basic moisturiser for sensitive skin, love it, in fact love the whole range!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2014 7:48:00 PM More reviews by TrueHysteria

This product is good for people with dry skin. I have oily/combination skin but however it does not a big deal because I just use blotting paper if my face is too oily. It is a rich cream but feel light on your face and feel fresh, which is a big ++ for this product. I use it for over a month and very satisfied with my purchase because it does not cause me break out AT ALL.
- But currently I stop using it already since early December 2013 because I cannot stand the smell of it, it's just smell horrible ( I use it when I'm not satisfied with my other moisturizer and I have nothing to replace at that time ) . But I highly recommended the product if you don't mind the smell, it is a really really good moisturizer though. It last quite long also ( around a month and a half for its small packaging ) .

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2014 4:49:00 PM More reviews by Camilascarlett

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Loving this moisturizer, is never heavy on my face and you can get great coverage out of just a little bit. That being said, and having the dry skin that I have in the winter, sometimes i find it TOO light, and have to apply it twice before i'm satisfied. Regardless, its a wonderful calming little product. I would HIGHLY recommend the night cream that they have produced as a pair for this. It has never made me oily or left residue. Absorbs quickly.

Only criticism would be the smell, which is not terribly noticeable but very strange! Almost salty?

Would and WILL purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2013 11:43:00 PM More reviews by Errai

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this about a month ago and have been using it ever since. The product hasn't broken me out and does not irritate my skin like other moisturizers I've used. The moisturizer feels light and while I don't think that it has made my skin any softer than before, it does prevent my skin from being dry and flaky. It does have a slight smell and while it isn't pleasant, it isn't unpleasant to me either. For the price, I think it does a fair job.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/2/2013 10:19:00 PM More reviews by ellielikes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This product didn't really suit my skin type because I have combination skin it tends to get oily around my t-zone and this moisturizer isn't oil free so it made my t-zone shiny. But it was definitely soothing and moisturizing.

If you have sensitive skin definitely try this.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/5/2013 6:07:00 PM More reviews by BrittanySunshine

I've only got a sample of the aloe moisturizer as I have sensitive skin and don't want to commit to a whole tub without trying it first. I like that this moisturizer is light and non-irritating, I also like the colour! But I find it is very sticky, even after an hour of using it I still feel that my face is sticky.
Wouldn't get it again, probably won't even finish my tester of it.
(FYI The Body Shop is THE BEST for testers, you can get a sample of any product they have! The give it to you in a little pot and usually give you enough for 4-5 uses, plus once you're done the pots are great for travel, or making your own lippie or storing tiny beads, excellent).

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2013 7:26:00 PM More reviews by Lipstickheals

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Many have complained about the smell. I don't mind it and it doesn't take over nor give out any scent while applied, according to me. I've used two other The body shop moisturizers ( Vitamine E & See weed) and this one is by far the superior according to me. Apart from The body shop products, I've used stuff like Clinique, Lumene, Garnier, Artistry, Mary Kay, Ester Lauder, Lancome etc. However, this I by far the best one I've tried.

When applied it smoothens the skin and you can feel how it's moisturizing your skin as it is applied. Furthermore, it drys in quickly so there is no problem what so ever with it making your skin feel oily or etc, as it is applied.

When purchased, I also bought the gentle facial cleanser (not the foam form) and the exfoliator. And I have to say I'm impressed! By far the best skin products for me.

As for my skin, it is very dry. I break out easily and also have imperfections. With other moisturizers my skin falls back into its crispy dry-self after an hour or so - or if very fat, gives out this horrible oily look. However, this product keeps it moist lasting about all day long.

The only problem I have, the reason why I didnt give it five stars, is because even though it keeps my skin moist, somehow and sometimes during the day, it gets oily - or at least looks so. Now I'm using my usual Make up store foundation and nothing but, so I know it's not the foundation. To sum it all up - it keeps my skin from feeling like sandpaper, I'd rather be a bit oily and dot it away with a tissue than go back to what my skin used to be.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2013 6:29:00 PM More reviews by Flaneuse64

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm about to re-purchase this Aloe Vera moisturizer, and that prompts me to write a review. My skin is sensitive and is (getting) older, and this facial moisturizer is mind and non-irritating. A little dab of this under my semi-sheer BB cream is all I need to feel nice and natural-looking all day. Lately I've developed a renewed appreciation for The Body Shop, particularly their aloe and tea tree lines.