The Body Shop Aloe Soothing Day Cream

3.6

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aloe Barbadensis Gel, Isononyl Isononanoate, Glycerin, Water, Cyclomethicone, Pentylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Myristyl Myristate, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, Myristyl Alcohol, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Cetearyl Alcohol, Myristyl Glucoside, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Bisabolol, Xanthan Gum, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Flour.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE this moisturizer. I've always dealt with acne and now that I'm getting older it's getting better, but my skin is still finicky. I've been swearing by the First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair cream last winter, and when summer rolled around I found that a bit too much. I've been trying a couple different moisturizers throughout the warmer months and I kept going back to this Aloe Soothing Day Cream. I'm on my second jar of this now and I'm planning to buy back ups whenever they have their next sale. Winter is coming back though and with the dry Canadian winters I'm thinking I'll need to go back to the Ultra Repair Cream for the next couple months because that is more hydrating.

This really works for me because I love the texture, it's more of a gel-cream than a pure cream if that makes any sense. (I use this for day and night because the Aloe Soothing Night Cream is the cream based consistency and doesn't do the same thing for me.) This keeps be hydrated without being oily at all. It's really hard for me to find a moisturizer that is hydrating enough and doesn't break me out. Love love love :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've been using Lush's Vanishing cream day and night for a while, but with fall and winter coming up I wanted a slighly more moisturising cream to use once a day. I have acne prone combination skin with an oily t-zone that somehow gets dry and flakey yet still oily during the colder months, and I was initially set on The Body Shop's Vitamin e moisture cream. When talking to a shop assistant, she recommended me this product instead due to my skin being acne prone and sensitive to changes in my skincare routine. I'm glad I took her advice, because this gentle little thing does exactly what I wanted in my "second" moisturiser! I use it at night (even though it's a day cream, as I just wanted a little bit more moisture than Vanishing cream) and it feels cooling, refreshing and leaves my skin feeling smooth and moisturised, but by no means oily. It has a slightly gel-ish constistency and sinks into the skin pretty quickly.

I'd recommend this to anyone with senstive skin, as it might be one of the gentlest creams I've tried. It also has no scent whatsoever. I can't exactly tell how much this product alone has done for my skin, as I introduced several new products in fairly quick succession (Lush's ultrabland, Le Roche-Posay's Effaclar duo and this one - on top of already using Lush's Tea tree water, Lush's Grease lightning spot treatment and Lush's Let the good times roll scrub), but at the very least it didn't do any damage to my skin. In fact, for the first time in maybe 10 years I'm close to acne free. The winter cold is yet to arrive, but so far the windy fall weather hasn't caused me dryness the way it usually does.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

i have a very sensitive skin and i've been searching moisturizer that will not break out my skin since i also have a acneprone and t zone skin , first i discover this about 4 months ago and started to wear that since then , and i really love this product so much , but the price is slightly become more and more expensive so i just searching for another skin care product for sensitive skin ,

PROS :
-no alcohol
-no fragrance
-no preservative
- really good for sensitive skin

CONS
- comes with a tube // which is not hygenic and i should using a spatula to take the product its just take a long time to do that if i rush on the morning .

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is a good cream, but nothing that I haven't seen before. It has a gel texture that is slightly tacky on the skin but eventually sinks into the skin. It is definitely too heavy for people with oily skin; I used it on my cheeks which have some mild eczema. This felt nice on my skin and kept it hydrated, but didn't really do anything for the eczema except keep it from flaking. My cheeks are just as red as they were before using this lotion. The aloe soothing day cream doesn't really have much of a smell, so I assume it would be gentle enough to use for those with sensitive skin.

PROS:
-Cooling on the skin
-Nice texture
-No scent and good for sensitive skin
-No animal testing

CONS:
-Jar packaging, which is super unhygienic
-Didn't do anything for my eczema

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

leaves a balmy not so absorbent layer on the skin which I don't quit fancy
but helps against daily sun exposure for sure, not fan of the texture though..

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This face cream is a bit pricey, but I find that it is worth every penny. It is lightweight but very hydrating, providing all of the moisture without leaving my skin looking greasy. It leaves my skin feeling soft and hydrated and takes away any feelings of tightness, dryness or irritation. It also reduces redness. It does not have a strong fragrance and is suitable for sensitive skin.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

well. first of all, it makes me greasy for about 45 mins after I apply it. it moisturizes pretty well, but nothing spectacular. however, I absolutely HATE the jar packaging. so unsanitary. Would never repurchase, but I'll use it up since it was $18.

It seems like a really nice product, but god it smells so bad I can't even stand to put it on my face! It literaly smells like garbage, idk if it's just me or if I got a bad one or something but it is the first time I can't use a product just because of its smell. Very annoying.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This is one of the only moisturizers that I found that is moisturizing enough and doesn't cause me to break out. It sinks into the skin nicely and doesn't feel greasy. It actually does feel soothing on the skin.

I got this to help me out with a bad reaction I had to another face cream. The skin on my cheeks was particularly red and inflamed, so I wanted something fragrance free, cooling and soothing to help. This definitely ticked all three boxes and within a matter of days my skin was (almost) back to normal. I'm now using this up as I don't like to waste things, but I wouldn't be tempted to purchase it again for one reason - the consistency of it is just a little bit too thick for my skin for daily use and I find if I apply too much it can lead to breakouts. It was definitely great at helping with my stressed-out skin though, so for anyone else experiencing something similar I would recommend giving this a try.