September 19, 2014 | 2003 users online

Styling Products - Pureology - realcurl

rated 1 of 5 on 11/29/2010 9:58:00 AM More reviews by achyo

I'm not a huge Pureology fan as the only other product I've tried is the Nanoworks conditioner (which btw is awesome but way too $$) but I was in an experimental mood when I saw RealCurl at the beauty supply. This stuff is terrible. First of all, it smells awful -- like a cheap men's cologne -- and super strong. Thankfully the scent only lingers while your hair is wet, then it fades. Its texture is okay; it applies to the hair just fine. But it does nothing. It didn't enhance my curl in any way, it didn't define my curls in any special way, either. And, at $21, I was mad I used my Living Social coupon (for a local beauty supply chain) on it. As for the AntiFade Complex, I can't attest to its functionality because I don't color my hair. ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2009 5:08:00 PM More reviews by Jenibee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've used this a few times on my long, wavy hair and I think I just might be in love. Finally - a product that defines my waves without making my hair stiff or crunchy. Up until now, I was beginning to think that such a product didn't truly exist. The scent is nice, light and doesn't linger. It's also easy to refresh my hair by running my hands under the faucet and scrunching my hair very lightly during the day if I feel my waves are starting to wilt a bit (I'm outside in the wind at times, so any wilting isn't the product's fault). I do find it imperative to either allow my hair to air-dry after applying this product, or to dry on a low setting with my diffuser. I wouldn't think you'd get the desired result if you blow dry normally. I wish the product cost a bit less, but it doesn't take much to achieve the desired results. I'll definitely buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2008 11:24:00 PM More reviews by dalitwil

For years I have tried anything and everything to find a product that would allow me to feel confident and proud to sport my natural curls. Nothing would help define my half-wavy, half curly hair and so I would resort back to extreme heat blow drying and flat irons.

I did stumble across Aveda's be curly which soon became my only "mild" option on days too hot or too time constrained to straighten. When I recently went back to the Aveda salon to purchase more, I discovered they were no longer going to be carrying aveda products and were now carrying pureology instead. I reluctantly purchased this product only with much reassurance from the SR, and I am very happy with the outcome. I don't dye my hair, but it is still extremely dry due to heat damage and genetics. Plus, naturally blond & curly hair in my opinion can be an obstacle to keep shiny.

But, I am pleased to say this product has delivered everything I have been searching for.... a product to unify the differences of tight curls & loose waves I have throughout, something that holds shine (esp at the ends!) without that wet or greasy look and my hair is touchable and soft (however, I will say aveda's be curly does a better job with keeping the style soft). Overall, this is my fav curl product, we will see how it holds this summer as it is approaching! TIP: To hold the style for longer, try spraying a few mists of hairspray on the cream before rubbing together and putting in hair, this gives additional hold without crispy hair.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/9/2008 8:56:00 PM More reviews by suestew2

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My hairdresser used this product on me, and although I normally don't like to shampoo too soon after color treatment, I had no choice. My hair was actually so sticky and gummy that I had to get this stuff as soon as I came home.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/29/2007 2:30:00 PM More reviews by PerfectManicure

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Have long, thick, wavy, naturally dry hair. Had to use quite a bit of product (sectioned my hair in 2 halves and ran through with my fingers). Then blew it dry. RESULTS: Waxy frizzy hair. NOTE: Will need to use a clarifying shampoo because this product leaves major buildup. Completely crap product. Won't repurchase and won't recommend.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/1/2006 8:03:00 PM More reviews by Tanny

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

What a great product for my thick, coarse, curly hair. I have tried a ton of products. Now that I highlight my hair, it's nice to have a product that is "color safe". This is a thick cream that leaves my hair with soft, defined curls. The product is quite concentrated, so you only need to use a small amount. Overall, it's expensive, but totally worth it. EDIT: not enough hold....my hair went fuzzy during the day. I changed my rating form a 4 to a 2.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2006 3:27:00 PM More reviews by iluverwin

I love love love this product. I have naturally wavy hair that needs product to help enhance the wave and this truly does what it says. It is a cream with an very light sent and you use about a little over a pea size in damp hair and you just scrunch. I have tried so many products from high to low end and so far this is the only product that gives me consistent results that i am happy with. My hair is less frizzy the waves are enchanced and it is not a crunchy curl. I also spray just a bit of their shine spray to give a little shine. The curls lasts and never go limp. The tube is a 5.1 oz tube and costs from $17.00 - $23.00 depending where you buy it. I will continue to use this product no matter the costs.