Chanel Precision Lip Definer -Natural 34

4.3

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My other (former) fave lip liners "were" Jordana Tawny, MAC (various: Subculture/Stripdown/spice/whirl/boldly bare et al. & the DC'd Buerre); wnw 666, & EL Spice. This is kinda similar to MAC Boldly Bare or Buerre. The only 2 lip liners I need in my life for 98% of my makeup wearing are Chanel Natural & Chanel Nude! Comes w a pencil sharpener & a brush on the end (handy! I'm always losing those & I can def use another lip brush to repurpose this when I use it up ...AND GOD WILLING ii will use this up & not lose it!). Gift from my Daddy for losing 5# in my 1st week of dieting & im sick today. The best way to wear Chanel lipliners are w Chapstick (fill in ur lips) or a Chanel Glossimer (I don't own any of their lipsticks "yet"!) like Blizzard looks awesome w this. Props respect yo word to Chanel for dreaming up the most beautiful sexy colors that make me feel so beauteous & glam when I wear them. This & Nude are not easily duped. The dimensional quality makes it stand out 3D larger-than-life rather than 1 dimensional matte. Chanel is 1 of the only companies I know that sells a lot of shimmery stuff even thou their customers are prob mostly the ladies-who-lunch junior league set more than tweens. Which as a 40ish person I'm always told go matte when in doubt. Hey I like shimmer--I'll wear shimmer til the day I die booyah!!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

It is tacky to apply too thick. It looks grey on my NC35. The MA recommended but it is the worst.

Just had my Fall make-up refreshed by one of the BIG & FAMOUS make-up artists that Chanel brought to the department store that I frequent. Very happy with the color pallet he selected for me. Unfortunately I "hate" their lipliner. It doesn't make any difference which color (because I have several of them). I don't like them and never have.
They are too waxy and the color is not highly pigmented. I cannot get a precision line on my lips - ever and I constant have to sharpen them to get better color and a better line.

Their lipsticks & glosses have been my favorite for years, but I'm going to purchasing a lipliner from another brand.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

So I'll start by saying that I like this so much that I immediately bought 2 back-ups. The color manages to enhance my natural lip line without changing the color of my lipstick. It is truly the ONLY liner I have tried that can truly accomplish this successfully. It somehow manages to tone down the rosiness of my lips and makes them look naturally plumper. The color is truly neutral and should work for any lipstick and skin tone. The performance and longevity justify the price. Give this one a try if you're still searching for your HG and looking to streamline your lip liner collection.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I love...FREAKIN LOVE Chanel's Crayon Levres...all of them...so worth the $29. The colors are gorgeous, the lasting power is remarkable, and the packaging...just beautiful...with a small lip brush at one end covered by a cap, and standard pencil at the other, it comes with a small pencil sharpener as well. Sharpening is smooth, application is pigmented and dreamy..and did I mention they LAST?! It may seem crazy to spend so much on a lip liner, but I wear liner like lipstick, and I want something chic and amazing to pull out of my bag and also something that I can wear and won't fear kissing/eating/wearing off.

Natural #34 IS perfection, as one reviewer stated. I'm not even sure how to describe it...although it seems darker in all the pictures I've seen (including the swatch picture associated with these reviews)...and somehow, it seems more nude on the back of my hand, and more of a muted pink/nude on my lips. On my pigmented lips and nw20 skin, Natural is just ever so slightly darker and pinker than my natural color...I can exaggerate my lipline without looking ridiculous and it looks full and pouty, I can wear it with just chap stick and it's gorgeous as a YLBB lip color. It's one of those colors that if worn all over and alone, even the most discerning eye would have to study you to discover you're actually wearing a lip color...you see it on the most polished girls and just drool over it thinking "they were just born lucky like that". In a way, it reminds me of the sort of nude/pink of ballet slippers...it has that sort of refined beauty to it.

Okaaayy, so gushing aside, let's talk about price, because while the color is gorgeous, it's the whole package that truly makes this perfection:
Check it out: my old standby, $5 Rimmel (which doesn't last and doesn't apply as well as the Chanel) is about $5 for 0.25 grams. Chanel is $29 for 1 gram...and it comes with a little lip brush on the end and a small pencil sharpener. So basically, $10 more for a super gorgeous package, a lip brush, a small sharpener, a product that lasts longer = not as much reapplying...and the enjoyment of a luxury product. So am I trying to justify the near $30 price tag...yeah, but in my swirly head, it's worth it. I will buy and buy again...and probably buy backups for fear of it being d/c'ed.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This is the perfect neutral lip liner that goes with any lip colour. It doesn't give me the dead look like MAC Spice does.
It gives a hint of colour with definition. It's very expensive for a lip liner and I need to sharpen it - those are my only gripes.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I will add to the wonderful reviews on this product! Perfect and natural lip, goes with any lipstick. I love this. I never thought I would replace my Benefit Flush, this is a bit more brown, but not too much. It is a great size for what you pay, I love it.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

The best lip liner...ever! This is the perfect pinky-nude color. It perfectly matches my lips with the tiniest bit more definition. This color defines my lips without giving them that harsh, severe line. It is goof-proof! I love a nude lip and this is the absolute best way to achieve them - hands down! Fantastic texture as well. Goes on smoothly and stays in place.

I agree with former rewievers. It really is a beatiful natural color. Lovely together with Chanel Rouge Coco Secret.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Truly natural lip liner shade. No orange, not too pink, not to dark. Matches with all lipcolors. Adds definition and does not change the color of the lipstick. My only complaints are the useless brush on the end and the fact that it comes with a sharpener. It would be nice to be shorter without the brush and if it could be cheaper without these two extra things added. The color and texture make it worth it though, and it is my most used liner. And trust me, I have many!

Popular Lip Liners