August 21, 2014 | 1920 users online

Eye Shadow - Kanebo - KATE Dual Carat eyeshadow duo

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2011 9:15:00 AM More reviews by starshar

I have it in BR-2. I was randomly looking at drugstore eyeshadows, and this impress me with the strong pigment and glitter. Most eyeshadows usually only shows the glitter and not the color by itself when applied. But this shows the color AND glitter. I mistakenly bought this when I thought there was a 20% discount but not, so I paid S$22 for this, which is quite pricey to me. But I do not regret paying for such a quality product. I like to use the pink champagne as my base and the brown for neutral look. I will def be repurchasing and trying other color palettes1

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2010 6:49:00 AM More reviews by kinkat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If eyeshadow can last through a night of steamy salsa dancing and with the assistance of UDPP and MAC Fix+ then I will give it a good rating.

And this product did last through without any noticeable fading.

I bought this when I was in HK. I didn't try it out to a year later. It says KATE dual carat and on the back it says its by Kanebo and a code saying BK-1. It is silver and black. The silver gives a good shine without the glittre overload and blends nicely with the silver. Very dramatic night time eyes.

without UDPP and Mac Fix+ (Visine or whatever u use) the product isn't going to stay and barely shows up.

When I go to HK next I'm going to stock up on these eyeshadows. I can't recall how they cost but it was from SaSa and not expensive.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/24/2008 6:12:00 AM More reviews by d_copper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my first Japanese eye shadow as I generally use MAC, MUFE or L'oreal. As one of the other reviewers pointed out, this is a glittery eyeshadow. Not shimmery, glittery and there is fall out even if you just press the eye shadow on.

I bought BR-3 and while the combo is very pretty I don't think i will use it at work. Perhaps for a clubbing look but i find it just too OTT otherwise.

Staying power = moderate the glitter can be rubbed off quite easily but the actual base color does stay.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2008 2:25:00 PM More reviews by annypooh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The two-colored eyeshadow compact comes with a mini sponge applicator. The shadows are very soft and pigmented. And as the name suggests, it's quite sparkly. I have this in BR1 and PU1. PU1 does not especially stand out to me. It's just a silver paired with a dark purple. The silver isn't very sparkly and the purple I found a bit boring. I need to work with other extra shadows if I want to bring more of a oomph to this palette. The BR1 however is fantastic! It's my favorite brown. The base color is a yellowish beige that's very shiny, and I just hit pan on this! The brown is also sparkly and very pigmented. It looks boring, but when applied I always feel very pretty with this!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2008 1:30:00 AM More reviews by monstro

This is my first Kate product, and I have to say, I'm quite impressed. I got the one that's a light pink and a chocolate. The colours are very shimmery. Shimmer may sound scary, but it's really not. I find that the effect is very angelic and lovely-you get a real nice glow from them. Makes my asian eyes pop! Also, I use the light pink on my inner eye even when using other eyeshadows. Another plus is that it's easy to blend, AND has good staying power. Still there after a whole sweaty night of dancing! I'd definitely buy this again, and would like to try other colours.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2008 4:04:00 AM More reviews by mascaraglosslippie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Okay I just deleted my old review.
Anyway. This eyeshadow's packaging is sleek, black and I like it. Which is really unusual.
To the eyeshadow-
I have it in a creamy off-white and sky blue combo. They're both quite shimmery, the off-white has more shimmer and a little glitter, the sky blue is more of a satiny shimmer. They go on smooth, with good pigmentation, but use a base please!! Rub and they're gone. That's really my only complaint, their lasting power. Other than that: great buy!! next time i'm gonna get the fuschia pink and white combo.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2007 9:26:00 PM More reviews by babyslk7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like this Kate shadows, cos it's pigmented, easy to blend and cute soft glittery look. The minus is the glitters tend to run on your face, so a tiny sparkly touch on your face, but still cute. Nothing dramatic, it looks good in the pics tho just like in Japanese magazines. If U want to avoid the glitters on your face, I suggest U to tap on extra loose powder on the cheeks esp. Just dust them away once the makeup done. This one better than Lavshuca 4 quads shadows. Lavschuca is more sheer. I like pigmented shadows, cos I have light/med yellow skintone. I look tan occasionally as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2007 11:24:00 AM More reviews by pyrobaby

I bought the silver of this stuff about 5 years ago when I first came to Japan, and I am STILL using it! the white-shimmery shade I use almost daily on my browbone, and it's the only non-high-end shadow I use (I'm a UD whore). Good pigment, nice color, it's nice it came with a half-brush/half-sponge applicator... although mine is so old now the sponge is falling apart! For drug-store level this is some really nice stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2006 10:35:00 PM More reviews by chococakehk

Let me join Flecks in this pdt review :P I bought this duo as my best frd was getting married lol *I need a reason!* and I was one of the bridesmaids, I got the gold color. It is beautiful and glittery, the lasting power is better than their normal e/s. I don;t like too soft e/s as they creased more easily. This can keep for few hours without base, if with my UDPP they don't creased.

The Gold color is very versatile can mix with other brown/taupe to create a diff look.
I think I need more.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2006 11:45:00 AM More reviews by fleckenschnitte

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

***This review contains pictures of the product, please click continued to view the formatted version incl. pic(s)***

Kate, a drugstore brand by Japanese Kanebo Company, has become one of my favorite makeup lines due to great products at affordable prices.

So I was thrilled when I saw the huge amount of new releases for fall 2006. Dual Carat (DC) eyeshadow duo being one of them!

DC comes in the typical Kate packaging: black and clear plastic. Some might find this ugly and cheap looking, but I somehow really like that! :D I love cute packaging like MM and Lavshuca but also the sort of very simple style like Kate looks appealing to me.

There is a simple sponge applicator included in the compact. Nothing spectacular, but it's soft and applies the shadow evenly if you like using sponge applicator.

There are only 2.3g of eyeshadow in case. Kate's e/s trio Contrasting Eyes has over 6g and costs only 100 Yen more so it's a more worthwhile investment :) DC costs 1300 yen without any discounts in Japan, but I think I paid less than US$9 for it after discount.

DC e/s are very very shimmery, even sparkly/glittery. If you want soft shimmer this is probably too sparkly for you. I find it useful to do the eye makeup first when wearing Kate or you will have a lot of glitter on your face.

I personally like the sparkly look of these e/s! There is really pretty multicolored microglitter in those e/s! There is also a layer of glitter sprayed on the e/s when they are new but the e/s still stay sparkly after removing it.

Texture-wise I think these DC e/s feel really nice. Not super smooth and soft, but not rough either. The pigment is quite good, especially the darker shades in the duos have great color payoff.

I like the blending quality, too! I find blending the darker shade with the highlighter is a breeze and results in a beautiful eye look with depth.

No problems with irritation, creasing or fading!

I have the following colors:

BR-1: medium golden brown and light golden cream

BR-2: dark taupe-y chocolate and pink champagne

SV-1: medium silver and silvery white

GN-1: medium greyed olive and a greenish cream

PU-1: dark purple and very light lilac

BU-1: medium sapphire blue and very light blue-toned white

BU-2: New for spring 2007. Sparkly sky blue and light off-white highlighter. I am not fond of this duo. Somehow the color shade doesn't cling to my skin, no matter what base I use. Honestly this duo is crap

BR-3: New for fall 2007. Finally a true taupe duo. It's a medium taupe and a sparkly off-white shade. I find that the glitter really falls over my face badly though, even if I am really carefully applying this. I think anyway that the first batch of DCs was better than the previously released ones!

WT-1: "White Carat". NEW for Summer 2008. It contains a metallic off-white and white but both colors look the same when applied. It's pretty but not so special since the look that comes out is a bit flat.

BK-1: "Black Carat". NEW for Summer 2008. It contains a medium charcoal and a light silver shade. Pretty for a simple smokey eye.
I am a cool-toned PPP/NW15 with brown eyes.

Kate's website is nomorerules.net!

NEW for Summer 2008 palettes WT-1 and BK-1: