October 24, 2014 | 1421 users online

Blush - Bobbi Brown - Bobbi Brown Powder Blush - Cranberry

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2014 7:33:00 AM More reviews by thelma197

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am so happy that I tried this blush! The deep brownish red color in the pan would normally scare me away. But, I've been searching for a blush that would provide some depth of color without looking too pink, orange or brown. I'm pretty fair---I'm using it with Bobbi Brown oil free tinted moisturizer in Extra Light and her True Pink # 4 creamy matte lipstick. The combo is fantastic----- natural (no glitter or frost) but the colors are extremely rich and energizing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2007 11:18:00 AM More reviews by syeung2

Product - A lovely, deep shade of reddish plum, somewhat muted (not bright). Very pigmented, so start with a light hand. Works with my AAB/NC25 coloring, if applied with care.

Comparisons - Looks like the powder version of BB Pot Rouge in Velvet Plum. Side-by-side with BB Currant: Currant is definitely in the red-brown color family and warm toned, Cranberry is in the red-plum family, neutral to cool.

Packaging - As always, I love the packaging and quality of BB blushes - clear screw top lid, sleek and compact.

Overall - Very pigmented. For everyday, probably better suited for darker gals than me (NC25). Wonderful product but not a shade I need - might repurchase if I didn't prefer the Velvet Plum pot rouge. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2007 11:38:00 AM More reviews by sodivine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HG blush, although they told me its limited edition so I'll have to check it out.
Perfect colour for my NW45/Bobbi Walnut complexion, go lightly or build up for that intense look. Can't praise this enough!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2006 12:51:00 PM More reviews by CarlaN

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I guess I should just stick to MAC's powder blushes; I just can't seem to win with Bobbi Brown's.

"Cranberry" is my second BB blush; I swapped "Currant" away because it was just too brown to work for me(pale pink-ivory skin, dark brown hair, dark green eyes).

At first, I thought "Cranberry" was not going to be a keeper, either. In the package, it looked to me like a rusty brown.Once I applied it very lightly with a good fluffy brush, however, it gave me a nice maroon-berry glow.

I think it will be fine for fall. I like the fact that the texture is matte(I have oily skin), and you get a lot of product for the hefty( $20) price.

I prefer clearer, less brownish colors, so I won't buy this again.

UPDATE: I wore this today with a top in brown, a color I don't usually wear because I don't consider it flattering to me. I wore "Cranberry" on cheeks, with MAC "Lovemate" on lips, and was told how good(as in healthy) I'm looking. So I'll definitely wear "Cranberry" this fall. I still don't plan to re-purchase, however. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2006 12:49:00 AM More reviews by biscotti1

This is a new berry shade that is a part of the Chocolate Collection for their Fall 2006 campaign. However, per the SA, it will be a permanent shade. It is a little darker than Currant but still bright enough to wear now. It will transition well into the fall. I was going to get Currant as it is a suggested shade for African-American women on the website ( I am BB Golden, NC 44) but this seemed work with my complexion much better. It is more intense than Current so you will need to apply it with a lighter touch but it really gives me a that flushed just exercised look and it last a long time. I like that BB has the clear top now so you can see the color in you makup bag unlike it previous blush containers.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No