April 19, 2014 | 1880 users online

Powder - Ulta - Mineral Powder Foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2014 1:54:00 PM More reviews by HeidiF69

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Having used Bare Minerals in the past, I know what to expect. I really liked the coverage of this one better, and the color (Fair 05) was a perfect yellow-based shade for me. I didn't need any powder after, and it didn't look too matte, it has a healthy sheen to it. I even used it under my light concealer under my eyes with no creasing. I would repurchase even though I found the price a bit steep for a store brand.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/19/2012 2:01:00 AM More reviews by jshankle

I've used this foundation for awhile now, but am not 100% satisfied. I ended up getting the foundation for $5 when Ulta was having a sale. It's worth $5 to spend on foundation, but it does look cakey. I always have to smooth out my foundation after wearing it for even a short period of time. Because I have acne prone skin, I tend to have to do more than a light sweeping of the foundation which is also another reason for it looking cakey. If you are looking for a light coverage, I would recommend this powder, otherwise probably not. I do however like the price and is why I would continue to buy it (even if I have to smooth it out).

rated 3 of 5 on 9/15/2012 1:57:00 PM More reviews by merenguehips

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

No problems with the foundation itself as far as coverage or color goes. Was looking for an inexpensive replacement for my PurMinerals foundation, didn't like the price of BareMinerals, their colors are all too yellow or too light, and they made me break out after a couple uses, and sadly, so does the Ulta. I can wear it every other day if I switch out with my PurMinerals foundation, but if I wear the Ulta more than two days in a row, I start getting gigantic, painful pimples. Like the horrific kind I haven't had since I was sixteen, and went on Accutane for...so yeah. Sorry Ulta, I really wanted this to work, but I won't buy this again. For the price, it's worth a shot if you don't have super-sensitive skin. However, I do. If you do have sensitive skin: AVOID. :(

rated 3 of 5 on 7/19/2012 10:28:00 PM More reviews by Stylist21

This product is is great on my sensitive skin. Coverage was light to medium however not very build able without lookin Cakey.

I definately feel like it makes me look older and not in a good way. My skin is nice and smooth and this foundation really dries me out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2012 4:13:00 PM More reviews by Alexine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really like this powder foundation! I use it on days that I don't have time to do my whole make-up routine and I'm impressed with the coverage and lasting power. It's a nice sheer to medium coverage and seems to last the whole work day.

I've tried using this to set my liquid foundation and as long as I use a little, it works fine. If I use too much, I get a much fuller coverage that I don't like. Really, the only minus is that it can get messy/product is lost easily since it's a loose powder. However, I will repurchase because the price and quality is worth the messiness!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2012 11:41:00 AM More reviews by cakexcuddles

I used nothing but bare minerals for a year and a half. Sick of spending an arm and a leg I tried out ulta minerals for a change. I am super happy and satisfied with their product, it's a definite dupe of bare minerals that lives up to it's claim. While the particles aren't as fine, it still has very good coverage. I like dusting this over my bb cream when I have a very long day ahead of me or want more coverage. The color fair 01 and fair 03 both fit me great. It's wise to use a powder brush for this one since my flat top kabuki can apply the product on too thick and make me look cakey.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2012 10:39:00 PM More reviews by winniedahpooh

I really like using this to set the rest of my makeup. If I use it as my foundation it tends to look cakey, so just a light sweeping works nicely.
Its not my favorite for oil control, so I would not repurchase. I also do not like the packaging, or mineral makeup much in general as it is messy.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2011 12:03:00 PM More reviews by singalotbear

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I tried this mineral foundation in Fair 03, and found that to be too light for me. (I have fair skin, no real problems with breaking out, etc). I had bought a couple of the Fair 05 foundations when I bought the Fair 03, so I blended both colors together, until I ran out of the Fair 03, and used it up. The Fair 05 gives great coverage, and I usually catch it on sale. :) I work out a lot, and it does not sweat off, which is nice. :) I get a lot of compliments on my make up when I wear this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2011 6:27:00 PM More reviews by summerrain1994

I purchased the pressed version of this is Shade 03 because it was on sale for $2.99. It's a little dark for me, but I think that I could use it in the summer when my skintone darkens a bit.
It's a decent mineral foundation - a little powder, so you have to be careful, but it's definitely full coverage and usually I don't even have to wear concealer underneath it (and I have acne). I don't use the sponge, however, because I find it's just horrible.
Hasn't broken me out... yet. :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2011 8:08:00 PM More reviews by axialmeow

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Ugh. I have the pressed version of this. I usually use Palladio powder foundation but Ulta was out of my shade(as usual they were out of something I need). This was out on display so I figured I'd try it. It was about $12 and I had a coupon for $3.50 off. First off, the sponge you get with it sucks. The foundation itself is cakey and tends to seperate and look terrible quickly. My face got greasy. I can't recommend it.