August 27, 2014 | 1735 users online

Highlighters - Becca - Rose Quartz Shimmering Skin Perfector

rated 1 of 5 on 12/15/2009 7:37:00 PM More reviews by Julia2007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

--- I'm sorry to give this such a bad rating but I just didn't care for it at all. I know 1 lippie seems extreme but honestly I don't know how I could justify giving it anymore than that when it just didn't work for me at all!
---Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector is popular on MUA but this particular shade hardly has any reviews. Pearl gets a lot of raves. Recently Becca was having an online sale and I really wanted the pearl shimmering skin perfector but unfortunately that shade was out of stock, as was my second choice of opal. I decided to take a chance and try the rose quartz even though it's not too popular on MUA. My skin is on the fair side and I have some surface redness that I always thought meant I was cool toned but now I think I might actually be neutral.
---Well sadly this has not turned out to be all I wanted it to be. I'm really disappointed because I had been lemming this product for a long time and I got it on sale and I was so excited to receive it. Big expectations can lead to big letdowns and this product was a major letdown. It just looked strange on me.
--- First of all the color looked like a pretty shade of soft pink in the bottle but once I squirted a little drop on my hand and spread it around I was displeased to see how much purple there is in the shade. It's pale so it's more of a lavender but still I was hoping a soft pink not a pink-lavender. The lavender is very strong in this and I think that is why it looks so weird on me. It just doesn't look natural. It looks very obvious and almost alien-ish. I know that must sound odd but honestly this product just sits on my skin with all it's lavender and no human has lavander skin tone. Skin Tones can have pink in them so a pink highlighter would look natural, but lavender....no.
---I mixed some of this with my foundation. Just a bit. It lightened my foundation and made it pinker which didn't make me happy. Once it was on my face the color was obviously way off, since my foundation is a good match by itself and my face was just way too shiny. Not radiant or glowy, just shiny.
---I tried a bit on my cheekbones. Ugh...that lavender tone. Between the lavender-pink shade and the extreme shine (not radiance, not subtle glowiness, straight-up, undiluted, unflattering shine- the kind that people try to correct with an oil-controlling primer) this just looked so awful on me.
---I'm very disenchanted with this product and I guess I will just have to send it back to Becca.
---I'm sorry this review was so negative but I just had to be honest and share my thoughts! I hope this review helped someone, but as with everything remember that everyone is different and some products work great for some people and not so great for others. This was bad for me but it may work for someone else.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2008 2:17:00 PM More reviews by onlypanties

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a HG product & my most used shade from all the ones I own. The bottle has a pump and see through. The color looks is very pink/purply irridescent. The bottle retails at $41 ( I was able to buy it at $38 back in the day). Bit pricey but so worth it. This product is very comparable to MAC Strobe Cream but 100x better. I own both and NEVER reach for the Strobe Cream. I think that its much to subtle bordering non existent.

On the skin is lovely. I have mixed it with my liquid foundation but it was much to subtle for my taste.
What I like to do is apply it to my cheek bones, tip of nose & sometimes a dab on the chin. Then apply my foundation like normal. I like to use a little, around 1 pump, if I use more than that I tend to look greasy and NOT sexy glowy.
I'm glad that more MUA'rs are on board with this gem. I have been using it around 3 yrs and the bottle looks like new.
Would I buy this again? Hell yeah!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2006 3:07:00 PM More reviews by ghoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just bought this and am very impressed so far. It is much more finely and subtly pigmented than MAC's Hyperreal or Prescriptives Magic, creating a beautiful soft focus effect rather than making you look like a giant rainbow grease stain. Very nice on cheeks and eyes. My only gripe is that I wish the pump was a little more judicious in dispensing product but overall I am very happy with this purchase.