November 27, 2014 | 943 users online

Eyeliner - Kryolan - Eyeliner - Black

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2013 3:39:00 AM More reviews by Audny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my new love. I'm rubbish at liquid eyeliner, black gel liner I find to harsh for the office and other colours I do can use I don't use enough and they dry out quickly (so that's a waste). Powder just doesn't give that oumf I'm looking for. But this product is just the best solution. Being in powder form it lasts much much longer than gel, you get a huge amount of product: 3,5 g, .11 oz, much more than eye shadows (MAC: 1,8 g) so you have enough for a lifetime.
It's user-friendly, I spray my angled brush with plane water (filled up a spray toner bottle with water) one spray on each side than shake it and I find I get a very nice dark black line. If you want it even blacker just do another line when it's dry (and it dries very quickly). I have oily eyelids and even without primer it holds the entire day until I take it off.
Surprisingly removing it is super easy just with water and regular cleanser I use for my face.
The price is a bargain, I paid +/- 7 euro, I find that a steal for how much product you get. The packaging isn't glamorous, just round plastic pot with a screw on lid but the brand is just to the point and without much fuss, I don't expect for that price Tom Ford packaging.
The only problem is that Kryolan is incredibly difficult to find, in Belgium I haven't found it anywhere, I bought it from Germany in theater accessories shops and they don't have many products of the line but they can order them for me and ship them to Belgium. Quite a fuss and I can't swatch anything but they're worth it. I wish they would be widely available because they're amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2013 9:53:00 PM More reviews by cetoyant23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Originally I used contact solution to activate this because I don't like to use just plain water, I just feel like it thins out the powder too much for me & dilutes the color payoff IMO. The contact solution( Costco's Kirkland brand btw) I think works well at making the color smooth & deep. Keeps it liquid-y/viscous enough to give me time to work with it especially since I enjoy having cat eyes or crazy winged out liner on a daily basis. However, I decided to try this with the Kryolan Cel Sealer & OMFG am I impressed! These two were Obviously made for one another. If you need your liner to last and last Please GET them BOTH!!!! I also wrote a review for how bad ass the Cel Sealer is, so you can check that out too if you'd like :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2009 10:48:00 PM More reviews by icanfly

I love this eyeliner!!! It's cheap, natural looking, lasts all day, and is almost smudge proof. It's easy to apply, too. But, I accidentally dropped the eyeliner and it broke in pieces. But other than the packaging I like everything about it. Will definitely buy it again!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2009 2:25:00 AM More reviews by spoonfulofshimmer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This review is for the Kryolan cake eye liner in black.
This is an excellent eye liner and very easy to use. I use it with either a wet angled liner brush or a bent liner brush and it applies smoothly and is well pigmented. It is easy to get a thin line and to do a flick at the outer corner of the eye since itís essentially a liquid eye liner once youíve wet it.
This product stays all day on my upper lash line. It does tend to disappear on my lower lash line, but then itís always harder for me to get product to stay on the lower lash line. I havenít yet tried it with the eye liner sealant that Kryolan also make, which I think would probably improve the wear.
The cake is a good size and will last me many years if the product doesnít go bad. Iím not too keen on the screw-top packaging, though, since itís less convenient than a flip-top when Iím rushing in the mornings.
Overall I would definitely recommend giving one of the Kryolan cake liners a try if you are looking for a matte, pigmented eye liner with good lasting power.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2008 11:29:00 PM More reviews by DianaLaColombiana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Best eyeliner i have ever used. Goes on super smooth, looks great, you can use it as a base. Smells like powder too :). Comes off easy and it'll last you forever and not go bad!! I love it and would def buy again if it runs out!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2008 2:13:00 AM More reviews by Clairesf

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have the good fortune to live in the only city in North America that has a Kryolan make-up counter. I was looking for an eyeliner and the salesman (all are professional make-up artists) recommended the black and the brown and I bought both. It lasts all day without touch up and goes on smooth and even. The guage of the line you draw is limited only by the size of your brush. I expect the pot will last for years! The only drawback is I need to remember to bring water if I'm doing my eyes on the morning train to work.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2007 11:39:00 PM More reviews by ColleenMcL

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this Eyeliner in Brown off of e-bay. I was having an aweful time finding a liner which didn't crease. I was enthused by the fact they considered this product theatrical.
I am very pleased with this product. I've had it for about 1 year, and only have a small dint in the center of my compact. Excellent staying power. Have referred other to this product, as they noted my eyeliner never creases. Would definitely buy this cake eyeliner again and again. PS: The brown shade is a rich colored brown. WOW!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2007 7:37:00 AM More reviews by antoniaaddict

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have the brown and black version i simply love them as im very much into cake eyeliners to get the 40's look.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2007 12:12:00 AM More reviews by pyewaket

I bought this off ebay from Shrinkle, last year. I use black eyeliner practically every day and there is only a small dip in the product. I love the fact that its so huge and dense! Its an oily-ish cake form (not powder) you can apply wet or dry, but it is better applied wet. My one problem with this is if it gets wet, it will smear. Sweating also tends to make the product thinner, as in part of my eyeliner will just disappear. I usually use benefit shelaq to help seal it and that seems to do the trick. The liner is also kind of hard to get entirely off in between my lashes. It will not irritate your skin if you accidentally fall asleep in it, you will just have some black smudges on your eyes. I recently discovered mac fluidline and am in love with both these liners. I think I like the mac one a bit better just because I dont have to mix it up. Kryolan definately works as costume makeup (ie all over face) too!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2006 10:48:00 AM More reviews by rlop

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this eyeliner from OCSHADOWS on Ebay for a great price. This Ebayer also has great customer service! This eyeliner comes in cake form and you mix it with a dab of water to get the consistency you want. I use it for lining between my lashes to give them a fuller look. I am very pleased with its ease of use and the generous size of container. I feel I got more than my moneys worth and it will last you a very long time. Note: When I used this eyeliner on the outer corner of my eyes, I notices some smearing when I accidently rubbed my eyes. But I'm still very happy with product.