Wella Color Charm Toner

4.1

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This works great on yellow hair, tones it perfectly! A lot of people are using it on orange hair and complaining that it doesn't work. This is a violet toner so it only works on yellow hair. Violet only cancels out yellow/slightly brassy hair so it will not work on orange. Orange is opposite to blue on the color wheel, so you want to get a BLUE toner for orange hair. Wella T-14 will work great for that.

Good luck!

on 3/8/2015 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I recently decided to go blonde. In ONE day. from henna red. Henna red meaning my hair was a level 6 copper/red. And my desired goal was a level 9 ash blonde. Delusional, I know. Especially with henna. which is a nightmare to remove if not impossible.

So I bleach washed once (bleach + shampoo) and then that made me neon orange. So then I bleached again, just bleach + 30 vol developer (I was getting balsy and impatient, obv)
End result, BRIGHT YELLOW ROOTS, light orange lengths.

So I bought these toners, 1/2 knowing they wouldn't work, my hair wasn't light enough but I couldn't risk bleaching again. I first did it with 20vol developer + ardell red/gold corrector. That did a little something. But still brass for days. Then I did again with 10 vol developer and ardell again and it was okay on ends ish. but roots, the lightest part, were yellow still.

I ended up creating a bayalage of sorts with darker roots and lighter lengths and it came out magnificent but I don't feel this product did much of anything when it shouldve (i.e the roots...the part that should've made the most difference)

I wouldn't buy this again probably it was on sale at sallys. It's mostly my fault but still, the smell was noxious (worse than even boxed dye?) and it didn't tone the worst most susceptible region (the yellow roots!)

on 2/8/2015 6:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Used this inT10 to tone yellow/orange bleached hair, I put it on dry hair and left it on for 25 minutes, it took some of those horrible tones but I don't think it was as effective as using regular hair color, it gave me a rash anywhere it touched my skin even though it doesn't have any PPD. Took the fluorescent color out and made it look more natural but that was it. I washed it with shampoo since I didn't want those chemicals on me and deep conditioned. Will go back to toning with any blonde Colorsilk.
Update: fries my ends like nothing else.

Previously used Wella's T18 and it barely did anything to my hair. After two uses, it left my hair (previously neon orange) pale yellow, then golden blonde. I had left it on for at least 40 minutes each time and always saw only a minimal difference. I left this on golden blonde hair for 7 and a half minutes. Ash blonde, definitely. No question about it. If I left this on any longer it would have made my hair silver. This toner MEANS BUSINESS. Highly recommended!

on 12/22/2014 3:45:00 PM

This is HG. I tried other products before and nothing works like this. I am reviewing the T14 (silver lady). My hair is a level 8-9, dyed and highlighted (at home), natural color is a dark ash blonde. I have short, fine, overprocessed hair. I mixed the toner with a 20 developer (generic drugstore brand) and did my whole head at once. Left it for 7-8 minutes (i stayed in front of the mirror to check) and after 2-3 minutes my hair APPEARED a darker, ashy/silvery blond. I freaked out, but didn't rinse, as i know it can do that sometimes. After i saw that i was starting to get too silvery (8 minutes) i rinsed without shampooing. I blowdried my hair and it is a GORGEOUS shade a light ash blonde, very beautiful, i couldn't be happier.

Pros:
cheap (2 for 8$ online + shipping)
easy to mix (1:2 ratio)
easy to apply, not runny
No bad smell
Easy to rinse
Beautiful results in no time
Roots (virgin hair) are blended as well =)

Cons:
You have to wait in front of the mirror bcz it goes fast
it's a little freaky to see your hair turning dark and silvery....I ALMOST rinsed
My hair is short and i had just enough product
If your hair is darker than a level 8 and you want a light blonde, you might want to lift some more before using this toner.

Overall, this is HG. I am glad i ordered 2!!!

on 11/7/2014 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Alot of people are giving this a bad review, but they arent using it correctly. You need to have lightened your hair to a light yellow blonde. No product will bring your hair from red to blonde, its not magic you must know what youre doing. This and wellas t18 are my go to toners for cancelling out brassiness/yellow tones in blonde hair.

on 8/4/2014 10:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Used in a salon where I used to go - to counteract brassiness and neatralize ceratin colors.
Very good products line and I never had any issues. Mid-priced - not cheap but not expensive either.

Reliable.

on 4/2/2014 12:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this after a friend dared me to dye my hair red for a party. After following the instructions very carefully and applying as needed i found that it did not work as promised. I have long thick brown hair and all that this product did was give it a slight redish tinge. It was also streaky and only affected some parts of my hair. Next day spent three quarters of an hour in the shower attempting to wash it out. Didnt work, so i had to go to school looking really weird. Nothing special and i wouldnt recommend.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This review is for T15 in pale beige blonde on BROWNISH hair :). My goal is to go back to my natural after dying my hair dark brown for the last 5 years. I left my hair to grow out for about 7 months and decided I want to make the blending of my roots with the rest look more natural. So I did balayage highlights at home. I bleached my hair twice in 2 months and dyed over it both times with a medium ash blonde dye. This still didn't help me get the orange tones out and in turn, there was a very strong yellow tint to my hair. In some lights it looked nice ad golden, in others it looked yellow. So I researched a bunch of toners with everyone saying that a toner is only for very light blonde hair and not dark blonde (which is what the bottom of my hair was basically). So I mixed the Wella T15 with 20 developer and left it on my hair for 15 minutes. I did not put this on any roots that have grown out. My hair is now a nice ashy, light brown and I absolutely love it. Everything blednds together. The color might get lighter after a few washes but I plan on toning it again in a month to completely get rid of any spots I might have missed. I LOVE THIS TONER.

on 1/31/2014 1:54:00 AM

This is a review for Wella's T14 toner. I had bleached my hair (twice, with 30 vol.) 2 weeks prior, and tried to tone my yellow hair with Wella's T18... and basically nothing happened! I ended up covering it with a dark blonde demi.

I read some great things about the T14 and decided to give it a shot since I wanted to do a blonde ombre over my dark blonde/light brown base. I bleached once with a 20 vol and achieved a yellow-gold base. I then applied the toner with a 10 vol for quite a while... 30 to 40 minutes. (It's hard to break through the brass on my hair--I've struggled with it for years--so Ieft it on longer than others seem to.)

I'm AMAZED--it was everything I hoped for. My hair is a beautiful neutral blonde (not ash, but I started with a gold-ish base). This is a MUST for anyone looking to get rid of brass or tone hair that isn't bleached to the lightest stage. I imagine it would give a beautiful cool blonde if your hair is bleached to a pale yellow!

Top Rated Wella Products