Maybelline Great Lash Mascara Waterproof

2.9

Price: $

Price: $

I bought this mascara yesterday because I needed a waterproof mascara and this was a good price. This is a simple looking mascara that is not too dramatic which I like. It doesn't clump and has minimal smudging - I fell asleep in it today and it only smudged a tiny bit, but hardly noticeable. The only problem with this mascara (and quite a major one) is that I CAN NOT REMOVE THIS WITH ANYTHING. Makeup wipes will not work, nor hot and soapy water (this has worked with other waterproof mascaras). As I sit here writing this review, this mascara is permanently glued to my lashes, and I am about to go to the store and get some eye makeup remover. I really hope that works.

I was so surprised with the quality of this mascara. I would usually go for a more expensive mascara but I bought this in a hurry once from my supermarket and I was so amazed! I found the wand being a simple straight style made it so easy to manipulate and control the amount and limit clumps. I usually don't wear mascara on my bottom lashes but this mascara was so easily manipulated that I could do so in a very natural looking way. Some girls are really into this over the top almost dirty looking mascara look but I'm so not into that and so this mascara satisfied a natural lash look for such a cheap price.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I've no idea how out of the mascara's I've recently tried that are WP, this cheap one comes out on top?! In the winter months my eyes water like crazy from the wind. I seldom wear or wore WP and already have many reg formula mascaras, but I lately cannot stand doing my eye makeup and having it be ruined by the wind and excessive watery eyes. Anyhow, this GL makes my lashes thick, black and curl and it's non smudging. I tried Rimmel Argan WP, Falsies Big Eyes WP and CG Plumpify WP; NONE of them looked nearly as good as plain ol' GL! I gave away the CG one, and returned the other 2 aforementioned. This will now be my go to WP formula for winter. Only complaint is it's hard to remove, but what WP mascara isn't. Baby oil's the only thing that takes it off, but that's a small consolation considering I love it.

Pros:
- Super dark
- Doesn't run in the rain
- Doesn't make my eyelashes feel "crinkly"
- Lasts for approximately 12 hours

Cons:
- It won't make your eyelashes "pop"
- Quite basic
- Packaging is a little tacky
- Quite hard to remove

Overall, it's a decent "everyday" mascara for work, uni, etc. It's also good as a practice mascara for those new to makeup.

~ Ticky

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

It's a pretty good product, I picked it up because the rainy season in SoCal (We have one this year, surprisingly) was on its way and I didn't want mascara running down my face when it inevitably got wet due to the amount of textbooks, notebooks and binders I have to carry that significantly impair my ability to hold an umbrella. It's my go-to mascara only because it's the only one I currently have and works fairly well. It's probably best for a natural or enhanced look, as it doesn't really do anything dramatic. It does a good job of lengthening and adding volume and will hold a curl, though it does clump a bit and I have to spend time brushing through them.
It's pretty good and I'll keep using it until I run out, but I'll probably try something else before repurchasing this one.

Made little difference in my lashes and it was so unbelievably hard to remove from my eyelashes that I definitely pulled some out accidentally. I blame this for making my eyelashes much straighter since I was basically pulling the mascara off each eyelash.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I always buy waterproof mascara because of my straight Asian eyelashes. I'm sort of disappointed that this mascara straightened out the curl I put on my eyelashes UPON APPLICATION. I think it's because of the brush shape :( it also smudged a lot for a waterproof mascara

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is my every day fail safe mascara. I searched through every recommendation and every brand I could find and still came back to this one. I only use waterproof so that limited my options but even the high end waterproof mascaras didn't perform as well as good ole Maybelline. They all seemed to be too dry or have lots of falling fibers...
No Smudging, No flaking, No clumping, retains softness and builds well.
I don't love the wand, would like it to be bigger (Benefit Bad Gal maybe) but really am happy with this product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

I like this mascara but I feel like it is overrated. Even though it is very popular, there are definitely better Maybelline mascaras than this one (One of my faves; Maybelline The Rocket Volum' Express). I like the size of the brush and it has kind of a spiral look to the brush that does not really make my lashes voluminous but lengthens them pretty good. Also holds a curl well and does not flake or smear by the time I take off my mascara.

This product is awesome! It's great for an everyday look and also if you're a beginner to mascara. It's really easy to use as the brush is small and it gives amazing volume and length! It is a must have for students who need convenience and an inexpensive mascara.

Popular Mascaras