Almay Liquid Eyeliner

3.6

Water , Propylene Glycol , Triethanolamine , Oleyl Alcohol , Magnesium Aluminum Silicate , Stearic Acid , Xanthan Gum , Glyceryl Stearate , Hectorite , Cellulose , Acrylates , C-10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer , Isopropylparaben , Butylparaben , Isobutylparaben , Iron Oxides , Mica CI 77491, 77492, 77499 - May Conatain , Titanium Dioxide CI 77019 - May Conatain , Ultramarines CI 77007 - May Conatain

on 3/5/2015 3:24:00 PM

This is the absolute worst eyeliner I have ever used and I am sad to say it was a complete waste of money. It's important to me that eyeliner is water resistant because I have sensitive eyes that water quite a bit especially in the winter time. Within 5 minutes of stepping outside it looked like I had applied a dark coat of black eyeshadow to my lids. My mother also had the exact same problem. A sad disappointment after hearing so many great reviews about it.

on 3/2/2015 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

HG HG HG!

I am still new to liquid liner (used pencil for years, then felt tip pens, now this) and it's the best eyeliner I have used. I'm still a little confused by the brush & pot method but it gives a dark, buildable line that lasts.

Possible cons:

- When painting my upper lid and giving it time to dry, it can transfer to the lower lid/corner
- After a few hours, the innermost corners of my eyes start to fade and so it looks a bit imprecise
- Can initially make your eyes sting a little

But I draw over it with a waning felt tip pen to lock it in, and it works fine.

It's a dramatic black, and I'm still getting used to using it. But I can only think of twice when it screwed up and I had to suck on a Q tip and wipe the disastrous areas away. Otherwise, it's perfect.

I'm also proud of the days when I can do a smooth and thin line - it looks amazing.

The brush tip is quite small and so its not too hard to use, I start in the middle of my eyelid where it's less noticeable to make mistakes, and gradually fan out.

Practice makes perfect, this is an excellent product when you have a handle on it. The price is a bit $ for the brand but it's excellent.

Would recommend if you're trying to transition into liquid liner, a little effort can give you a dramatic and precise line. If your hand is shaky (mine sure is!) it can show a little, but draw over with a pen and it should correct your mistakes.

Absolutely recommend and do repurchase.

on 1/19/2015 12:45:00 AM

I've had this Liquid Eyeliner for years - it's my first ever liquid eyeliner and probably will always be my go to liquid eyeliner! The reason why I first went for it was because I had other make up artists and friends who had tried their liquid eyeliners on me and made my eyes sting so much! Being a contact lens wearer, and a general human being who likes to see without her vision blurring, I wanted to go for a brand that was known for being gentle! I was skeptical at first, but after using it - no stinging, no redness if you make a mistake - just smooth gliding action! The only flaw is in the design of the wand - the wand is thin and the tip of it is thin - if you are not used to it you may find it difficult to use but with repeated use you won't fault it!

on 12/14/2014 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

This was not my first liquid liner, and I was apprehensive since I'd had bad experiences with it before. The brush end has a really long handle that makes it easy to hold and maneuver. The only thing that sucks about it is I find that the brush tip gets fuzzy and loses its sharpness quicker than other brands.

on 11/22/2014 8:02:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I've been using this for over 15 years religiously. The best liquid eyeliner out there. Dries matte and doesn't flake.

on 11/11/2014 6:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Deep Dark, Not Sure

I bought this liner for the first time completely accidentally, 9 years ago.
I hated it from the get-go. This was when liquid liners were still new and not everyone had them. I didn't know how to use it, so delegated it to a corner of a bottom drawer...

A year later, I'm busy getting made up and can't find my pen liner. I open drawers frantically and find the liquid. Ok, this will have to work.
I FELL IN LOVE THAT DAY!!!
Why hadn't I been using this already? What was it doing in my bottom drawer?!!
Oh yes, I didn't know how to use liquid!!

Once you get a hang of the brush and how NOT to get any liquid into your eyes during application, you'll LOVE this liner. It's so easy to use, no mess, no fuss. The tip is so precise, you can layer it to make thick lines!! If you like drama - you can create lots with this! Doesn't fade either!!
It dries out, like all liquid liners do. The pen-tip gets a bit weird when it starts to dry, making application a bit more of a mission than it would normally be.

I LOVE THIS LINER, and YOU should too!
The worst thing I could have done was to go out and NOT get this liner. I've tried them all and all I can say is: Stick with whatever works, and especially with makes you happy!

on 7/9/2014 4:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This eyeliner works well and stays on without any flaking. I donít have problems like some people do with oil so itís not an issue for me. The color is matte black and I agree with others that over time the felt tip applicator becomes undefined which makes itís difficult to use later. I honestly canít see a difference between this and the Revlon ColorStay Liner or the Prestige Liquid eyeliner. All are around the same price and perform almost identical.

on 6/26/2014 4:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

love this eyeliner all my friends buy it cuss of me! always getting compliments on it. only eyeliner i use. the price is a little high but its worth it ‚ô• :)

on 4/2/2014 11:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I bought this because my old Almay liquid eyeliner with a felt tip was discontinued and I couldn't find it ANYWHERE. While this stuff is on, it looks great, but I find it fades after 6 hours or so, so if you're going to work make sure you bring it with you to reapply. It dries relatively quickly and the brush is easy to use. Having said all of this, it stings my eyes and my eyelids and it can be very painful. It seems like a lot of people have been having this issue so it's obviously something Almay needs to fix! I've been using it just because I love the look, but once it runs out I won't replace it.

on 1/29/2014 12:47:00 AM

A cosmetic rep at Target recommended this hypoallergenic, no smudge, and flexible tip liquid eyeliner . I decided to give it a try since that's exactly what I was looking for in a liquid eyeliner. However, it doesn't apply on easily if you have eyes like mine, the eyeliner tip dragged my skin so i didn't have a clean finish. After a few more use, the product STINGS my lids. I am still searching for that perfect drugstore eyeliner. Help.