July 31, 2014 | 1918 users online

Skincare - Face - Skinceuticals - SkinCeuticals Eye Balm

rated 3 of 5 on 9/5/2011 1:40:00 AM More reviews by BRABKIN

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This was my go-to winter eye cream for over fifteen years but over that time the price kept going up to where I felt there were other products that worked at least as well for a lot less money. I now use Chagrin Valley Whipped Squalane Face and Eye Mousse in the winter and at night, and Mad Hippie Eye Cream in the summer/daytime (both of which I have posted Makeup Alley reviews of). It's not that this is a bad product - it's just that it is overpriced for what it is. I do find this cream to be very soothing and non-irritating, and I like that it has no noticeable scent (but all three things are true of other eye creams at a fraction of the price). It is so rich that I tended not to use it in the summer unless I was going to be on a plane or in a very dry climate, but it felt good and eased dryness in the eye area. It is a not a "miracle" erase-your-wrinkles cream, but in my experience those kinds of products irritate and make the area feel tight. "Balm: is an accurate description for this very comforting product, and a little lasts a long time - it takes years to go through a jar, but even so it's fairly expensive on a per use basis and the open-mouthed jar doesn't keep the product as fresh as a pump might.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2010 4:13:00 PM More reviews by soozeq68

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have very dry skin and am always searching for a cream that will allow my concealer to look smooth and not cakey. I believe I have found it. What I love is when I wake up in the morning my under eye area is still super soft. Everything that goes on my face is from Skinceuticals. It is worth the money for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2010 11:12:00 AM More reviews by dolce8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This revew is for eye bakm normal version not primacy eye balm.
I like it,it is very thick but it doesnt run into the eyes as other review mentioned,how it can if it is thick..it is not runny at all.Lol. I am using this only at night for 5 month now,I wake up 3-4 times at night cause I have little baby,but in the morning I have bright eyes,no dark circles,no lines.It doesnt cause me milia at all.
I like it but because of the high price I will not repurchase.Also I dont think glass jar is hygienic,this is always the problem with glass jars,also I am worry I drop them...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2008 4:30:00 PM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Good - but I like the Primacy eye balm better. This one is a bit too heavy for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/7/2007 5:10:00 PM More reviews by awaylett

My dermatologist started me on this product about two months ago, along with other Skinceutical products. I love this eye cream. I was hesitant at first because I so loved the Neostrata eye cream. I've been using this product religiously for two months, both day and night, and wow what a difference. Those fine lines you notice when speaking to people, well, mine are hardly noticeable at all, if at all. Yeah, this cream may take time to soak completely in, but I've learned to put it on before doing my hair. It has more time to soak in as you're getting ready. Then put a little powder over it, as it does have a shine. Those two minor things aside, this product works. Be patient as I have. Use am/pm. You will love the results!!
EDIT: 6/4/08 Had to stop using the product. It gave me milia. I kept it as two lippies because it's extremely moisturizing. If you don't have a problem with milia under the eyes, it's a great cream. Been using Avon Anew Ultimate eye cream and love it. Moisturizing and no milia.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2006 2:51:00 PM More reviews by Anna_Copa_Cabana

This stuff is okay, but nothing truly special. I definitely wouldn't call it a balm-- it's just an emoillient cream. (for an eye cream with more balm-like smoothness, try Philosophy's "Hope in a Tube") It's slighty pearlecent, and pretty slippery, giving it too much of a shiny look for me. It also left me with more milia than I usually have to fend off.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2006 1:04:00 PM More reviews by npace

This is a very nice, gentle eye balm. I'm using this in am and their Eye Gel at night and between the two I see a real difference. Fewer lines, smaller circles under my eyes (I have a baby, nothing's going to make those go away completely I think), just a general brighter appearance. I have gotten the sample size off ebay, so I like that it's a small tube you can squeeze a small amount out of.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2006 4:12:00 AM More reviews by walljoy

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have multiple samples of this stuff and although I love the serums and other cleansing products in this line, this eye balm just isn't making the grade. It has an antioxidant or two in it and aloe and soy bean and all that good emollient stuff...but it migrates into the eyes all the time and causes blurred vision, combined with excessive tearing and blinking. I tried to work with this to minimize that issue by applying a very thin layer and at a reasonable distance from the eye ball itself...doesn't work...it just somehow works its way into the eyes. I thought maybe just the undetectable fumes were causing the problem...perhaps that is what it is, or even an ingredient or two in it may be causing an allergic reaction. Maybe the 'Myristyl Myristate' is the culprit...heck, I don't know. But, so as not to waste this stuff, I use it on my neck and feet where there is no irritation issue to deal with. So, whatever benefits this stuff has to offer, my feet and neck will reap those rewards!