November 23, 2014 | 2015 users online

Concealers - Colortration Liquid Cover Makeup and Concealer

rated 2 of 5 on 8/6/2014 3:33:00 PM More reviews by DJM204

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Meh. I was hoping it would help cover up hypopigmented scars on my face. Finding a good match was nearly impossible (the shades were too yellow or too pink) and the packaging made it really hard to access. I'm going to try Judith August Killer Cover next...hope it works better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2014 5:13:00 PM More reviews by inmyopinion

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Silver, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Got the 17.00 (Can) plus P&S for the 6 unit trial pack, and am very pleased. I am a Sephora/Pantone Y207 in winter, and Y407 in summer, in between in spring and fall.
With Colortration, shade 3 -which I think would be great for Sephora/Pantone Y(1-2)07 and shade 10 - which I think would be great for Sephora/Pantone Y(5-6), I mix the 2 shades in various proportions to get a perfect match for my olive skin.
So now it is the spring and I am probably Sephora/Pantone Y307, so I mix 1:3 of shade 3:Shade 10 and I get a PERFECT match of color, hides redness, capillaries, brown spots etc, I no longer worry about rosacea, and the accompanying redness and acne. Yes you can get acne from rosacea in your 50s and 60s....
Only 2 notes of caution:
1. As other reviewers have pointed out, you need only a tiny amount. So I dab a toothpick in just to get a smidgeon of concealer, and believe me that covers quite a few blemishes.
2. Also, the finish is extremely mat, does not have the glow that skin should have. So I blend it with a foundation that has a tiny bit of glimmer, such as La Mer Fluid (Liquid) Foundation. The two together have an absolutely life-like finish, skin looks young and healthy. Also, it stays on until you wash it off.
RE ROSACEA: I have noticed that if I am scrupulously careful about eating lots of omega 3, both with fish like salmon in the diet, along with omega 3 supplementation, it seems to have an anti-inflammatory (beneficial) effect on the rosacea. Ditto, the opposite, if I go out and have some wine (not a lot) or food prepared with omega 6/9 fats - whatever they use in fast food places and restaurants- the pro-inflammatory (bad fat) foods like French fries, crème brulee, that seems to make the rosacea worse. But since I don't always want to live like a monk, sometimes for a special occasion, I say the heck with it, I'm going to splurge on some naughty foods....Then I know I can cover up with Colortration when the rosacea and acne flare up. I try to eat careful and healthy most of the time, but I'm only human...

rated 2 of 5 on 9/30/2013 8:28:00 PM More reviews by Jessalynnn88

I did not like this product.

I ordered the Colortration Tattoo Cover Kit.

It cost 42.00$ and it comes with nine different colors, two brush and two sponge applicators, alcohol wipes, a 24 hour waterproof barrier spray, two soft sponges, and a mixing vial.

When you get the package and open it up, you will realize how cheap this product is. Now, the colors are apparently worth 17$ of product, the normal size bottle of foundation is 37$.

Ok, great. You are getting half of the bottle. Yeah right. These little vials are the samples that they send you for 17$ Which in reality the sample kit only includes SIX sample colors.

So they gave me 17$ worth of foundation, ok lets take a look at the rest of the kit:
So the applicators, alcohol wipes, mixing vial, and spray are worth 25$.

Not so...

The applicators and wipes are all worth maybe pennies each. Honestly, it offended me. The mixing vial is NOT the 6$ one on their site, the one they send you is worth maybe MAYBE 50 cents. And then we get to the spray...

That is a smaller bottle on the site which is 17$ I would say they give you roughly half of that.

AS FOR THE PRODUCT!

Ok, I gave it an overall rating of two stars because this makeup is super concentrated and it is great to use a pin size over a pimple or something. Anything else is complete shit. ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE TRYING TO COVER A TATTOO.

It is cakey, sticky, and it dries literally on contact with your skin. If you mix it with moisturizer it helps a little bit but then it does not dry completely.

The colors DO NOT cover any color tattoo, you must put on a large amount and it is so obviously noticeable you are better off just using a cheap bottle of foundation from the drugstore.

Now I was fortunate enough to have a compressor laying around so I mixed shades 2 and 3 and added water (out of curiosity). I sprayed it over my tattoo and it worked slightly. However when I went outside it was so opaque you could see straight through it. This product is RIDICULOUS! The texture is terrible as well, unless you use it with lotion or spray it on.

Oh, my favorite part is the so called "protective barrier" after I had sprayed it on, it became sticky, and it never dried. Here I am, three hours later writing this review and my dog just bumped up against my leg and now it is all smudged and I can see streaks of my tattoo.

I tried to call back to see if I could get my money back and she said it is nonrefundable. WHAT?! where the heck did it say that? I clicked on tattoo cover on the HOMEPAGE it took me to the product, and then I ordered it. I guess it says non-refundable in all caps only if you click on the top tab that says shopping. The representative could only apologize to me, she did NOT care at all whatsoever, oh and that she would tell management to put non refundable on other pages as well.

Long story short. Cheap product. Cheap packaging. EXPENSIVE price.

SCAM.

If you have a pimple problem, I would buy the sample and it will last you ages. If you want an all over foundation or you want to cover up a tattoo, invest in an air brush system and buy DINAIR.

Or you can buy a cheap bottle of concealer at the drugstore and cover your tattoo probably better than with this product and for MUCH cheaper.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2013 5:18:00 PM More reviews by aquarian123

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

What a godsend, having tried the rest I now have the best. I have melasma and this is the only product that does what it says on the can. Best to apply very little with a round stripple brush or CD foundation brush or similar. Cannot go wrong once you have mastered the technique to get the right amount for a light look. I disagree that it is heavy because it depends the way you apply it. Of course it will dry up quickly if you do not blend fast enough but with practice, this is the best foundation on the planet if you have flaws. Getting the colour right can be a bit tricky but honestly it is worth the trouble and only those ladies that need cover up make up will appreciate this point of view. It is a dream come true as instead of thinking negative about my skin conditon, I enjoy covering it up which brings out the artist me. I consider my face to be the canvas and depending on my mood for the day, will determine the kind of make up I want to apply. This does not clog pores but everyone is so different but you don't know until you try it. I have tried True cover, dermablend, and all other professional brands but this is simply THE BEST MELASMA COVER UP IN THE WORLD. I hardly write reviews but when something this good comes along your way and changes your life, it seems no bother at all. Sweet Blessings to all.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/7/2013 10:56:00 AM More reviews by luluisalilskunk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I'm glad I bought the sample size.. this is a nightmarish foundation.. it's very cakey and feels weird on the face. The shades are either too yellow or too white (Not just any white but the pinkish white coloring a pig would have) Not for amateurs like me probably, perhaps only makeup professionals would know how to operate this on people with real skin problems and make it look natural. I think with most heavy duty coverage concealers u risk looking like a mask. U have to be real quick with your fingers or it dries up before u can spread it. I succeeded in looking decent once after some major effort and a very light hand but humidity ruined my makeup after an hr and I look abt as natural as Leatherface from Texas Chainsaw Massacre (ok joke but u get the idea). Don't even think abt trying this makeup unless u have serious skin flaws to cover up.. But even if u do, u probably be better off with wearing something light that allows your confidence to show through. End of the day, wearing thick makeup to desperately hide your flaws just makes u look like u are wearing thick makeup to desperately hide your flaws.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2012 2:51:00 PM More reviews by spanky1118

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Hi, I have to provide a review on Colortration makeup. I was kind of skeptical when I read the reviews but went ahead and tried it anyway, mostly because of no other choice. I have vitiligo which becomes very prominent in the summertime and it is progressive (which means it's getting bigger and I really have to cover it with makeup). My hands and some larger other areas are almost entirely pigment free.

Anyway, last year I used exuviance colorblend makeup, which was OK, but never really matched exactly and looked bad in sunlight. They discontinued their darkest shade (which wasn't really very dark but they called it "mahogany", go figure) and so I could not repurchase.

Started with Colortration sample kit. Yes the samples are small and break down quick - you're really supposed to use it to select the best color(s) for you, so this is not a problem. I have a perfect undetectable match with this product and their barrier spray helps to keep it in place and not rub off.

My only complaint is that I, AGAIN, am taking their darkest shade - something they call "deep dark brown." Listen, I am caucasian and yes, I *guess* I am tan in the summer, but it seems like there must be many people out there requiring camoflage shades darker than this. For example, what if you are African-American, medium to dark, and have vitiligo? This product would not suffice because imo it would be much too light for that person.

Expensive for small bottle, but a little goes a long way. Blend with another foundation or light moisturizer to help application - otherwise it would be very thick and hard to blend. Totally recommend this product for anyone that needs to hide anything fairly major. xo

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2011 7:36:00 PM More reviews by yinit9278

This product has revolutionized my life. I should begin by saying that if you do not have something that needs major coverage then this may not be the best product for you.

However, I am a burn survivor (injured at 18), it is definitely not a very glamorous injury to have survived, especially being a young female (I'm 22). The majority of my injury was to my face (I've had many surgeries to correct it, few hypertrophic scars remain but the redness from surgical scars to fix the burns is still there) hiding that every day while living life is impossible. The make-up that is out there for burn scars is horrendous to say the least. I was beginning to feel hopeless, everything was either too caked on so my scars were even more noticeable or it was too thin and the redness of the scars would come right through, plus the application process was complicated and would take forever. I got to a point where I didn't want to leave the house because of how uncomfortable I felt with my skin.

That was until I found this product, while it does take some tweaking and playing around with it to find out how it works best for you, for me it did more than I ever imagined. It gave me the confidence to date again, because I was not so concerned with what my appearance was like on the outside when this make up was on. It allowed me to have the courage to put myself out there, to let the real me shine through and thanks to the confidence wearing this product gave me, I met the most wonderful man, who I am now living with.

Applying the makeup:
I apply the make up by first placing it on my scars until the redness was completely covered. Then I would take a few drops of sunblock lotion (water based) and rub it into the make up blending from the scars outwards to the rest of my skin ( that is without any scarring). Using lotion can give you a slightly shiny appearance but the way it conceals is perfect! To remedy the shininess I also use NARS laguna powder foundation and place it on top of the Colortration Concealer. The result gets me a shade darker (which I like) and the shininess is fixed. The end result is fabulous! When I say my scars are unnoticeable it is not an exaggeration! I cannot thank the company enough for what they have done for me. I can recognize myself in the mirror again, and the whole process once you get the hang of it takes about 10 mins flat!

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2011 1:03:00 PM More reviews by ruthaida

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased the sample kit in the lightest shades numbered 2, 3, 4, 5 ,7 and 10 . I am so glad I did try this instead of buying the bottle. I am happy that there are companies out there smart enough to at least provide samples, especially if blending might be required. For $37, I agree that it would be very expensive buy two and mix colors UNLESS you have a severe issue you are trying to cover. I have very dark circles and am always looking for something to help. I mixed several shades and did find a good color however even with moisturizer it did look cakey and created an apperance of heaviness and excessive make-up under my eyes. I will not purchase but am thankful for the opportunity to test out various colors and play. While I do think it is expensive for the amount of product, I am glad to have some travel samples. I am a bit concerned about the separation of the make-up into a yellow oil. I have never had any other foundations or concealers react that way. Overall, if you have roseacea, port-wine stain, dark spots on the face, freckles etc. this may work for you but try the samples. I want to encourage companies to provide samples at reasonable costs plus s/h while the cost may be more than I would want, the result allowed me to test for several weeks and make my decision.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/27/2011 2:27:00 PM More reviews by seasidenative

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was really thinking about buying this product and I won't after reading the reviews.
The good reviews seem like they were written by someone reading the label or someone who works for the company!
I personally have tried a ton of foundations and none have worked, but people have seriously saved me some money here.
That's how I feel about it.
And first off a sample kit is suppose to be free!!!! That is what they are charging $17.00 for, basically it is a sample kit.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2010 4:57:00 AM More reviews by fotini31

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i was looking for a product that would cover my birthmark which isnt a major birthmark but it is noticable i found every foundation comes off at the end of the day so i wanted to find a more concentrated product with good natural coverage and a makeup that lasts a full day without rubbing off. when i applied it the first time i was impressed with the small amount that was needed to cover those troubled areas. it covers dark circles well and looks pretty natural in the light like your wearing no makeup. I just found that it did come off a bit through the heat and sweating but i think its meant to be waterproof so i was a little disappointed about that but other than that i think its a great product. By the way i forgot to mention i thought it was expensive. When i saw the bottle on the internet it looked bigger and when it got delivered i was a little shocked as to how small it was for 37$. Overall im pretty happy with the product itself.