July 24, 2014 | 1296 users online

Makeup Brushes - Stila - #27 Foundation Brush

rated 3 of 5 on 4/25/2013 6:30:00 PM More reviews by erilin87

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This brush is a pretty awful foundation brush-im not a fan of flat foundation brushes as i think they leave a very streaky coverage which this one does

But i do actually really like this brush as just something to blend in small things like contouring on your nose or applying and blending highlighter

rated 1 of 5 on 3/4/2010 12:03:00 AM More reviews by hummiemd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have several stila brushes. They are all of great quality, and this brush is no exception, but I hate it all the same.

I think the brush is just too small for foundation application. It's about the size of a quarter. Whenever I use this brush, it takes me 2-3x longer to put on my foundation. If you are a patient person, you may enjoy this brush; however, it's just not for me.

Also, the synthetic bristles never get fully clean with my usual baby shampoo washes. I have to put extra effort into getting this baby clean.

Overall, I regret buying this brush.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2010 8:40:00 PM More reviews by abusleb

This is an ok brush...Not bad. I really liked it at first but then started to realize that there are better brushes out there like the one from Clinique or Lancome; they feel very different on the skin, absorb less product and apply the foundation evenly and beautifully on the skin. But this brush is alright.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2008 8:45:00 PM More reviews by maggiealex

a very very good brush! excellent quality and easy to use. i use it for cream and liquid concealer because of its size - i wouldn't consider this as a foundation brush but is great for the eye area

rated 1 of 5 on 12/14/2008 3:05:00 AM More reviews by SweetEngineer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

I don't like this brush. I bought this full price at Sephora. I own a several Stila brushes, and this is the worst one for me. Previously, I only had a Sonia Kashuk foundation brush. Then I got into buying Stila stuff so I bought this #27 to replace S.K. brush. The brush is synthetic (Taklon), which is supposed to be good for applying liquid/wet stuff. The tip of this brush feels like it pokes into my skin, esp. when I blend near my eyes. It hurts! The S.K. brush is also synthetic but it doesn't do that. Next thing, I end up pumping out more liquid foundation when using this brush as opposed to applying with my fingers...very odd because it should be the other way around. Last thing, I can never get it completely clean. This really annoys me because I don't like to waste water. Every time I wash it, the outer bristles are clean, but when I spread out the bristles, I see specks of foundation clinging on to the inner bristles. And the synthetic bristles don't expand when they get wet so they cling together so tightly that soap never makes it in between. I don't like it and might put it up for swap.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2007 11:33:00 AM More reviews by cbatten80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't know how I managed to get by all these years without a foundation brush (actually I do... fingers and an occasional makeup sponge). I can't really compare this brush, but I can honestly say that using this brush has been a real treat. My foundation goes on smoothly and I can keep the coverage light or layer it on a bit if necessary with little to no effort at all. It just looks natural and this brush makes it's easy to blend around the hairline. I always thought that my foundation was the culprit when it rarely looked 'right' on me, but I think it had more to do with my application technique (or lack of). Of course, I didn't know how to care for my brush once I had used it and I quickly realized that buying a clean brush every couple of days probably wouldn't fit the bill... I went back to my Sephora store the next day where they very kindly helped me pick out a brush cleansing product and explained how to use it (cleaning this brush daily is a cinch!)

Soo so happy :) Thanks Stila!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2007 6:31:00 PM More reviews by cosmokid

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Stila make fantastic brushes and this is no exception. Excellent quality and no shedding after washing. It's a great size, so I can even easily apply foundation under my eyes so I don't need so much concealer. Takes alot of time to get it all blended in (more so than a sponge), but the results are great.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2007 1:33:00 AM More reviews by josette

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Give it up for Stila again!
This is a wonderful foundation brush. The MAC and Smashbox foundation brushes are so big they are hard to control. This Stila 27 is the perfect size - a little shorter and narrower yet big enough to apply the foundation quickly. It is firm enough for stick foundation yet so soft against the skin. No shedding. Recommend highly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2007 5:58:00 AM More reviews by sexysylvia1211

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

What a great great brush!! beautifully soft yet firm, small enough to use under eyes as well as soft enough for that delicate eye area!, lancomes brush is hard and scratchy compared to this and i threw it out as soon as i got this cus there is no comparison!!! most of my brushes are stila, and i couldnt be more happier with this one- no streaks, just a super SUPER brush!!!i was also shocked this was only 14- most HE fdtn are soooo much more expensive and for stila too, i think its amazing value for money

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2007 8:30:00 AM More reviews by knitchick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I don't know how I've lived without this brush up until now! This brush is amazingly soft and dense. It almost feels like the foundation is applied with a sponge with all the advantages of brush application. It has drastically reduced the amount of foundation I need to get the coverage I want. The product ends up on my face and not stuck in my brush!! I'll never go back to the cheap brush I've been using for years.