September 19, 2014 | 1849 users online

Moisturizers - LUSH - Cosmetic Lad

rated 2 of 5 on 3/27/2014 9:53:00 PM More reviews by herngc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received this as a gift from my best friend and never heard of LUSH before. I was super stoked to try it because it's all natural and I'm really into natural things but to my disappointment I really didn't like it. The smell is pleasant but it kinda left my skin sorta greasy.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2013 4:26:00 PM More reviews by Kbellabella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have very dry skin and have been looking for a good all natural face lotion and I have finally found the one! It has a really nice fresh sweet scent and I don't find it too oily or greasy. When you first apply it will seem heavy but it absorbs with no shine, oil or grease left on the skin. For the first time I have found a lotion that leaves my skin looking and feeling hydrated without actually looking too dewy or greasy. This leaves my skin so wonderfully soft and hydrated! The only down side is the packaging is really bulky so not so good for on the go, but i just transfer some to a smaller container for my make up bag. A little bit goes a long way with this stuff, so even though it's around $24 I imagine it's going to last me quite a while. And given that it actually works really well, it's totally worth the price.

I love with the sweet scent as well, some people have compared the smell to different food references but I think its just a generally sweet smell not really foodie imo, it also smells very fresh too. Once applied the scent goes away.

To give you guys an idea of exactly how dry I am, I usually use Palmer's Cocoa Butter lotion on my face and in bad times the Nivea Cream (the thick one) these are the only lotions that seem to actually work! But then I tend to look greasy and I prefer more natural ingredients on my face. I think if you don't have a problem with dry skin this might be too thick for you. But if you have dry skin buy this stuff it's amazing !!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2012 10:29:00 PM More reviews by thechain

I really like this moisturizer.
It has a great smell. Sort of like orange creamsicles.

It is very heavy, so you do not need to use a lot unless your face is extremely dry.

I have found that it has made my face look brighter and smoother. This is a great moisturizer to use at night.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2012 6:03:00 PM More reviews by cem7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have dehydrated, sensitive skin that gets very oily very quickly if I don't moisturize properly, especially in the winter. Cosmetic Lad works reasonably well for me - I use a tiny, tiny bit on my forehead and nose, and more on my cheeks and chin, and my skin feels amazing. As an added bonus, it doesn't irritate my face or break me out. That said, it's probably too heavy for summer - but the small jar will last me til the end of winter.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/1/2012 3:53:00 PM More reviews by LilLexy100

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Weird, weird product. Made and marketed for boys (but I bought it anyway after going on the Lush website and deciding it would be best for my skin type). I gave it 3 stars, because as a moisturiser? 1 star. As a cleanser? 5 stars!!
I have combination/oily skin and this made my skin even shinier (even though I chose it because it's supposed to be good for combination skin) - I mean, it made my skin REALLY shiny. But as an eye-make up remover (even waterproof!) it's amazing!!! I rub this over my eyes - it never stings or irritates my eyes - then wipe if off with a cheap-o cleansing cloth (Tesco cleansing wipes 59p for 25) and it does the job! Fantastic. I do however have to cleanse my face with my beloved Liz Earle afterwards but for an eye make up remover it's fab and I know I'll be using it up but not as a moisturiser. Wouldn't pay 12 for this again though, it's just not the moisturiser for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2012 12:46:00 PM More reviews by LivFormston1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love Cosmetic Lad. I have reeeally pale skin which sometimes gets quite red after normal cleansing, but after working for Lush over Christmas I had time to tailor a whole routine around it! I use Aqua Marina cleanser and then Cosmetic Lad over it every day and night, and my dry, dull, rough skin has never been better. Also, I used to suffer from this weird ew-y residue gunk all around the pores of my nose no metter how much cleaning/exfoliating I was doing. But after two weeks of doing this, voila. Gone. Thaaaank you, my beloved Lush.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2012 12:33:00 AM More reviews by moosue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I got a tub of this because I wanted a cruelty free moisturizer that smelled good. And this meets that criteria. In winter, this is great on my face as my skin gets very dry. I can use this twice a day, as a night cream and as a morning moisturizer before makeup. In summer, this is entirely too heavy to use at all as my skin gets too oily.
I've got very dry, sensitive skin on my body from allergies to a beloved pet, and when they get bad, I can't handle any scented product on my skin at all. This does the trick in those cases. It's too expensive to use as a body cream, but if your hands are sore and dry or something, it's great for spot treating bits that need help.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2012 8:40:00 PM More reviews by rileannas

I like this moisturizer. It seems to be the right strength for my combination skin, and isn't overly expensive. Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2012 10:10:00 AM More reviews by bangton

I cannot believe I haven't reviewed this before as I have been using it for years (as has my boyfriend - we always share a tub). Firstly, the smell is just devine...if I could find a similar perfume i would bathe in the stuff!
It leaves my skin feeling soft, supple and comfortable and eradicates any dry patches. I asked my brother for a tub this Christmas as I had run out....following a sniff and skin test pratically my whole family have now bought a tub.
It's not expensive in my opinion..costing less than 11 it lasts about 2 months with 2 of us using it.
The pot itself is a round tub which you dip your fingers in and there is no option to buy it in a pump which is a shame as I know some people don't like to put their fingers into pots! I personally use tiny spatulas with any cream/foundation etc that comes in this form so don't really mind either way.
My boyfriend tells me it genuinely soothes after shaving and I know I have used it when I have over exfoliated and found it to be soothing!
I would wholeheartedly recommend this and hope to god Lush never discontinue!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2011 1:06:00 AM More reviews by blooiejagwa

Edit: liking this more. It sinks in well, moisturizes and doesn't cause breakouts. Also, you need very little. Smells good, DH always comments i smell good when i use this.. A good no-frills product that works well.
Not irritating to my skin like Imperialis but definitely too expensive for what it is.. I firmly requested a sample ( though the salespeople are very desperate and eager to foist the product on you)--thank God. This is sooo not worth the price. That said, it smells good, and if i use it at night (that gives it time to absorb) then i wake up with very soft happy skin in the morning. Soft, plumped up, esp the undereye skin (i use it there too). I have not had results like this with most face creams.
Still, wayyy too expensive esp considering it doesn't have added benefits like brightening or fading pigmentation. That would at least justify the price!