OPI Rapidry Spray Nail Polish Dryer

3.6

Disiloxane, C7-8 Isoparaffin, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Parfum/Fragrance, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citronellol, Geraniol, Hexyl Cinnanal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Linalool.

on 1/7/2013 3:51:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

I received this as a Christmas present and I have to admit I was sceptical at first as I had a £4 Avon one a while back that was completely useless, but as this is OPI I thought it would perform better. And I was not wrong! I find it very hard to keep most nail varnishes to last, the most success I've had it with OPI nail varnishes. It doesn't help that I'm impatient either with nails and I find that quick dry top coats increase the chipping and peeling. This stuff works wonders for me. I use as directed and I find that it is touch dry almost instantly, though I wait for five to ten minutes, just to be sure. I've never had sheet marks or anything after using this product. I have only used it with OPI nail varnishes though, so can't comment on how it works with cheaper brands. My only problem is the price, it's not particularly cheap, so that may put me off buying another bottle, since it was a Christmas gift (And I'm a student meant to be looking after their money!) But if I had the money I would definitely buy this product again. Also curious to try the rapidry drops.

on 11/5/2011 12:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I notice this product works well if I follow the directions *exactly* and if I only apply two coats of polish. Otherwise, it's pretty much useless. I have re-purchased this product several times, but I really need to move on to something less quirky.

on 8/6/2011 11:48:00 PM

Like others have said, if you use this spray before you go to bed, even though nails are dry to the touch, you wake up with sheet marks on your nails. I find this product works best if used in conjunction with a fast-dry top coat. I use this with Sally Hansen Insta-Dri and I think it helps that dry faster, but on its own the spray does not deliver the same results as a quick dry top coat.
I gave a 4 for price because if you buy this from the stores where I am (Australia) you'd pay somewhere between $20-$25 for a 4oz/120ml bottle. I got mine from eBay though.

on 7/21/2011 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I am a great fan of all OPI products, but this time they really let me down. I bought Rapidry a while ago, before I discovered Seche. I wasn't expecting a miracle, but I didn't imagine it would be that useless. I actually ended with sheet marks half a day after finishing my manicure. Since it is also supposed to moisturize cuticles I thought I could use it in that purpose only, but I didnít notice any improvement to the condition of my cuticles either. What a waste.

on 12/30/2009 2:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Note: This review is for the spray. The Rapid Dry Top Coat was absolutely terrible and flaked like mad!!! Now that that is out of the way...back to my review. I first encountered this product after i got a manicure and it caught my attention. Basically you apply this 45 seconds after your top coat. I use one spray per nail. It dries very quickly (less than a minute) and the polish dries as well. The shine of the regular polish is maintained. I don't recall the size of the bottle, but it is plastic so no need to worry about breakage. I bought mine at Winners for $10.99. Well worth it so you can move along after painting your nails, as opposed to waiting forever for polish to dry.

on 11/22/2009 1:15:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Why does OPI even make this product when they have the awesome drip dry?!?!?! It does dry nail polish faster than a quick dry top coat, but nowhere near as fast as drip dry. I only need 1 drop per nail of drip dry, but I need to do 1 squirt per nail with rapidry, wait 30mins & re-squirt each nail with the rapidry again. How infuriating!!!! I'm not wasting my money on rapidry again, I only buy drip dry now.

on 11/14/2009 8:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I do like this product, but as the previous poster said, if you do use it within a couple hours of going to bed, you WILL have sheet marks...even though it feels completely dry to the touch. I like to use it, though, because I don't own the drip dry stuff yet and I don't want to wait around for my nails to dry enough to go about my business. I'm a mother and need to be able to keep moving. It is rather expensive, but it is a decent amount of product and with only a couple sprays on each hand, its coated...so seeing as you only use a small amount each time, it lasts. I don't know that I'd repurchase it... I guess depends on how well the drip dry product works... ha!

on 11/9/2009 12:49:00 AM

I went to the store wanting DripDry, but they were sold out, so they made me buy this. This makes nail dry to the touch pretty quickly, but working as drying nail polish underneath the surface? I am not that impressed. I spray this on after I do 2 coats of polish, and not to mention this spray is such a waster of product, this stuff is not expensive but it definitely is not cheap. I spray this on and 1 minute later this is dry to touch, 5 minutes later this is dry to touch completely, and 2 hours later I sleep and second day I have bedsheet marks. I was unhappy. I wanted to exchange it but the lady at the salon is like we cant exchange nail stuff, but they made me buy it, instead they could have said come back another time for Drip Dry. Anyway so I had to try this again, and this time I let my nails sit for 5 minutes, then spray and sit for 3 hours untouched, this time it dried completely with a super glossy finish. I now use this as a polish refresher, like when my nails are not shiny anymore, I spray this on and it brings back the shine. But otherwise, not that useful.

on 7/18/2009 1:54:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got this for free when I bought 2 bottles of OPI polish and I am so glad they were giving this away because this stuff rocks!!!! I am a mom who usually gets to do my nails at night when everyone is asleep and now instead of waiting 2 hours for my nails to dry, this has cut my drying time in half or more. It lasts a long time which is good since it is almost 11.00 a bottle...but totally worth it! I won't be without this ever!!

on 5/31/2009 5:14:00 PM

I have been using this product for over 10 years now. I spray right after I finish my manicure and I find it cuts drying time. No harsh smell, and definitely worth it. I absolutely recommend this. It's not magic, so if you have many coats of polish--your drying time will still be longer--but it works as good or better than others I've tried.

Popular Polishes