September 14, 2014 | 2168 users online

Skincare - Body - Oilatum cleansing bar

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2014 9:39:00 AM More reviews by kaore93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Violet

~* =) Magical Soap =) *~

I use two bars of Oilatum, one for face (twice a day) and one for body (in the shower, using on arms chest back and shoulders). I wash with warm/hot water, use the soap and then rinse with ice cold. I wouldn't recommend using it on your face more than twice a day, since it's very drying. I find it surprising that its supposed to be for people with dry skin, as I find it actually works like its designed for the opposite. The only conclusion I have come to as to why this works so well on other skin types, is that because its designed to cleanse skin without taking out too much moisture , it doesn't strip away the skins natural protection/oil; thus skin doesn't then over-produce oil to try and compensate for the loss; which leads to blemishes.

I have normal skin, which sometimes turns combination and can be prone to blemishes, and this is the only soap I found that keeps my complexion totally flawless. It lasts around a month ~ maybe a little more ~ with daily use, and it's kind of pricey, but for the results I think its worth the money. My pores feel tight and squeaky clean after using this. I find the color kind of weird, but it has a clean smell and from what I see on the packaging; no bad ingredients. Fun fact: made in Brazil

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2012 9:21:00 PM More reviews by alyssa0722

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is the one product I swear by when it comes to skin care. I usually use this to wash my face. This product I must say, is very gentle and non-irritant. It also keeps your skin healthy as it is not very drying and won't strip off your skin's natural moisture.

I recommend this product for people of all skin types.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2011 9:45:00 AM More reviews by hopewoman

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i'm a 24yr old girl from india.......i've been using oilatum bar soap for almost a year....!!... i wanted to write the review way long back...but i decided to test its consistency,so i waited... well here's my review......
i have dry n sensitive skin thats prone to irritation very easily........i get acne despite being dry skin type if i have any left over traces of makeup after facewash....... or getting exposed to everyday pollution.....also during my periods
i've tried lotsa other moisturizing soaps n cleansers..so dat my skin doesn't dry out further......but mild cleansers dont clean up the dirt on my skin very effectively which in turn cause me to break out........!!!!
but thn, when i use stuff like "clean n clear" facewash or other effective cleansers...or soaps.......(trust me, i've tried many.... many !!) ------my skin dries out real bad---- then i understood i needed something dats non comedogenic (anti acne causing) moisturizing soap..........dat helps hydrate my skin w/o causing my skin to break out------datz when i realised OILATUM was for me..!!!!
OILATUM is great for more sensitive skin types....................................................
its slightly expensive,but well worth the cost.......it looks like an oval shaped orange colored bar......AWESOME IS WAT I CAN SAY after using it for almost a year regularly......@@!!! my skin never glowed as much in the last many years, even in my teens it used to be dry....... this particular soap is also recommended for infants n toddlers..........which makes it clear how safe it is...for adult skin too...........!!!

MY REGIMEN: I take bath using oilatum soap every single day and afterwards w/o patting or towelling my skin dry,,,,,,, i apply a good body lotion on wet skin all over my body starting with face (little goes a long way) ///note:= i prefer non greasy lotions dat are hydrating and not oily.....its ur individual choice though....
well..well...well.....dats alll,,,,,
i maintain a highly refreshed, healthy looking skin Top to Toe and 24/7
(all day) my skin,my hands...legs...my entire body n face....... dont look tired after a day's hard work.....THANKS TO OILATUM, it really is a wonder soap !!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2011 5:34:00 AM More reviews by missteensy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

PROS: LEAVES SKIN SMOOTH AS SILK, VERY NOURISHING...
CONS: PRICE
Hey guys! Oilatum cleansing bar soap is amazing... for those who have dry skin... its especially formulated for dry sensitive skin, also for babies..but people with normal skin can also try...as it doesnt cause break-outs... i used it and i must say its better than most moisturizing soaps...infact ur skin holds sheen like u've put on a bronzer or something... i can go out having no make-up on...its as good as dat...
ill tell u what...i apply olive oil to my entire body n face before goin for a shower leaving it on for say 20min or so...and then i use oilatum soap while taking bath...RESULTS??... worth noticing!! ...i highly recommend oilatum cleansing bar soap.... oilatum products are just underrated .... but are the BEST!!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2011 8:43:00 PM More reviews by janetgrace

Nice soap but definetly not worth the $5 price tag. Dove bar soap with shea butter cost $1 and does an amazing job of hydrating the skin and has a clean, creamy scent.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2010 10:00:00 PM More reviews by Adriana265

I really like this soap. I originally purchased it to wash my new tattoo with and since then I've been hooked. I've used it for all 3 of my tattoos and each have healed beautifully with no itching or dryness.

Now I use it as my regular body wash. It's suitable for dry skin because it's designed to replace the skins oily protective layer washed away by ordinary soaps. My skin does not feel particularly dry after using this, especially compared to every other soap I've ever tried. It cleanses without stripping. The smell is really nice too. Occasionally I use it on my face if I've ran out of my cleanser and it works fine - doesn't irritate my sensitive skin at all.

INGREDIENTS: Vegetable soap base, trisodium HEDTA, sunset yellow, CI14720, fragrance, water. Contains liquid paraffin BP 7.5%

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2009 4:09:00 AM More reviews by chi77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the only cleanser I use for my whole body from my face down to my toes. I have such sensitive skin and Oilatum is the only thing that keeps my skin healthy and smooth. With this, I hardly need body lotions or creams except a moisturizer for my face. I can use this on my acne-prone and eczema afflicted complexion which can't tolerate most cleansers. It is mild yet deep cleanses very thoroughly so you will not get any dirt or makeup lingering on your face before you apply your skincare. I'm hooked and will be using this for a lifetime!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2006 7:07:00 PM More reviews by ruby_tea_roses

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oilatum cleansing bar is a bar soap that is infused with moisturizing oils that soften and gently cleanse very dry, sensitive skin. My husband has very dry skin and since he started using Oilatum in the shower every day his skin is so moisturized and comfortable and he hasn't had a single flare-up of psoriasis. His skin looks and feels so healthy now. When I use Oilatum for my body I find that I don't really even need a moisturizer after my shower. My skin is left so soft and hydrated. I have purchased extra Oilatum bars for my kids and now it is in their bathroom too. Their tender skin sometimes gets very dry from too-harsh soaps (made worse in the winter from the cold dry air, and in the summer from the constant swimming in chlorinated water), but Oilatum is so gentle and moisturizing that it leaves their skin soft and hydrated after every bath. Oilatum can be purchased at drugstore.com or at dermstore.com. :)