December 18, 2014 | 1757 users online

Makeup Brushes - Quo - Brushes

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2013 1:29:00 PM More reviews by highmaintenancepanda

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought these bruses as a set at Shoppers about 3 or 4 years ago now. It came with the powder, lip, crease, lid, eyeliner, and blush brush, and the eyelash/eyebrow comb. I clean them regularly with shampoo and lay them flat to dry on a towel. I didn't care for the powder brush - it's too small - so I use it as a blush brush instead. So that renders the blush brush useless. I also didn't like the lip brush, it was too "floppy" and didn't apply my lip gloss precisely.
However, I LOVE the all-over shadow, crease, and eyeliner brushes. The eyelash comb is good too, but I don't use it. In retrospect, I should have just bought the 3 brushes instead of the set. I use the all-over lid brush every day and it's held up quite well over the last 3 or 4 years.
Overall, they're good-quality brushes and don't leave too many stray hairs on your face.
I will purchase them again when they fall apart.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/21/2012 10:12:00 PM More reviews by cattitude

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I had heard good things about Quo brushes, so I picked up the "Quo Master Brush Set" from their Holiday 2010 collection. I got it after Christmas for half price, so I paid about $30.

It included 6 brushes: blush, foundation, crease blender, shadow, liner, and concealer.

I was really disappointed in the quality. The eye brushes feel scratchy and the ferrules are coming loose (I don't even wear makeup that often!). They don't even pick up or distribute product very well.

The set included a bulky, metallic purple brush case with purple plastic studs sewn onto the front- I personally think that it is hideous. The studs are starting to come loose even though I keep the case in a drawer.

I ended up buying a new brush set from Costco (of all places!) It's softer and feels like better quality.

p.s. I think that the Quo brush reviews should be split up into 'regular' and 'professional'. They are 2 different lines with 2 different price points. The professional brushes only seem to be sold in the stores with higher-end beauty boutiques.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2012 11:58:00 AM More reviews by LifeWithBelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I received a set for xmas, and was soooo excited to play with them all. I found that they are easy to use and of very good quaility. I have has some real fun. I am curious how they will wear over time with application and cleaning. So I may do another reveiw once they have been used and abused to see how their longivity lasts.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2011 11:50:00 PM More reviews by ellevella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have the eye smudger brush and the crease shadow brush - they are amazing! The eye smudger brush is the perfect density and the tip is just the right length for precision application. The crease shadow brush is equally as impressive! My eye makeup application is so effortless and it really makes my eyes look amazing! I'm actually including these brushes in a goody bag for my bridesmaids. Well worth the price!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2011 11:28:00 AM More reviews by maryomimi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The Quo Professional brushes are some of the best brushes out there for a decent price! They out perform a lot of Sephora brushes, even their I.T. ones (Better than the smashbox ones too imho) . I've had my Quo brushes for 4 years now, and they've held up beautifully. There was a bit of dye washing out from them at the very start, but after a few washes, it washes prefectly clear. The brushes are super soft, dense, well weighted, and just a fabulous tool to use overall. Definitely recommend them! Wait for 40% off sales, and get the professional ones! They are so worth your money. (If the store doesn't have any out, ask. I know a few stores that keeps them in the drawers). The plastic zip bag they come in is also a nice bonus. These brushes travel great in their plastic zip bags (I just throw them in my bag, and they've never been damaged or even have hairs out of place).

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2011 2:00:00 AM More reviews by 5hirley

I have 3 brushes from quo that I'm overall impressed by: Powder brush, bronzing powder brush (stipple), precision foundation brush.

1 - The powder brush is very similar to the mac 150 brush. The bristles are not the softest but it seems to get an even powder coverage on my face and doesn't feel uncomfortable. My only qualm with this brush and the reason why I won't repurchase it is that the ink from the brush bleeds. Every single time I wash this brush, I see dark navy blue colouring come out. And I know I wasn't putting on blue foundation on my face!! I've had this brush for a few years now, and it's still making this colour.

2 - Bronzing powder brush is overall, a good brush. It is exactly what you would expect from a stippling brush. I never use it for bronze because I feel like it's a bit big for me, but I can see it being suitable for other people to use for bronze. Overall, it's a good brush and I would recommend it.

3 - The precision foundation brush is one of my most recent brush purchases and I would say it's one of my favourites. This brush is amazing. The bristles are very soft and dense. The shape is unique. The application is phenomenal for those who want medium to heavy coverage. It is very good with applying to smaller areas of the face such as beside the nose or around the mouth. I highly recommend this brush.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/19/2011 9:26:00 PM More reviews by 21luvbug21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought the Quo bronzer brush at shoppers. I paid 20$ for it. I hated it since the first time I used it. It left bristles all over my face. Terrible quality!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2011 6:37:00 PM More reviews by AshynDae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The Quo foundation brush was one of the first brushes I ever bought. I liked it at first, until I started experimenting with other ways to apply my liquid foundation (mainly different brands of stippling brushes, Sephora's Professional Airbrush #55, and sponges). And I've started to find that the first couple of times you try something new, it seems to work really well. But then, after time, it seems to not work as well, and you move on to find something better.

So I went into Shoppers Drug Mart one day with the intention of finding yet another brush that might work better than the previous one, and the lady at the counter recommended Quo's selection of Professional brushes. I had just bought Quo's kabuki brush a few days before, and had been EXTREMELY disappointed (both by its smell after washing and the scratchy feel it had), so I wasn't really interested at first. I even explained to her that I'd found Quo's brushes to be quite cheap, and that they shed a lot. But she insisted that their new Professional line was a lot better, and showed me their new Professional foundation brush (the 4th one from the left in the second picture), which basically had the same shape as their regular one, but was a bit thicker. And, seeing as it was on sale for $28.00 instead of $50.00 (or something like that), I decided to give it a shot. And I'm so glad I did!! I experimented more with sponges initially after buying this, but that same "works great the first couple of times, then performance starts to decline" effect was starting to happen again, so I went back to this brush. And I've been using it ever since. I honestly NEVER have a bad day with this brush.

It could also have to do with the type of liquid foundation I use with this, which is Sally Hansen's Inspired by Camindy Natural Beauty Foundation. But I've found that it blends my foundation flawlessly without any streaks or cakiness, and it continues to work well even when it hasn't been washed in a while. Which was a relief, because I was hating having to wash my brush after every single use. This one, I usually only wash once every second or third application. So, definitely worth the price I paid, and definitely plan on repurchasing. Which I expect I'm not going to have to do for quite a while. It's been holding up extremely well, and hasn't shed at all since I purchased it.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/3/2011 3:38:00 AM More reviews by maneater

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Bought a few of the Quo brushes over the years- the White Kabuki, the concealer brush (silver handle) , and the double ended eyebrow groomer.

THEY ALL SUCK
Excuse me for being so blunt, I just expected so much more. The price point is not cheap either. After just a few months, both the Kabuki brush and the concealer brush handles started to flake off silver paint.

The Kabuki brush is soft and good for buffing, but it leaves little white hairs all over my face. The concealer brush is decent, but too long and thin to really blend. The top of the concealer brush fell off a few days ago. I super glued it, no big deal, but not something I've ever had happen to a brush.

I will not ever be trying this line again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2011 5:41:00 PM More reviews by Gypsygold

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

OK, not to be insulting or a know-it-all, but a make up brush is a brush...if the same type of hair!(sounds gross, im lost for a proper word)
QUO brushes r amazing for their price point (and are on sale for 20%off often!) Brushes should last, and last...if taken proper care of they can be used for many many years! The specific brush of course
has2bmade frm the proper hair! Brushes need to be hand washed, make up brush cleaners work, but sumtimes u need to get to the roots where a lot of product is bulked up.
I use sulfate free shampoo, and a light conditioner, in the bathrm sink.This is wher the true test begins,badly made brushes will come unglued from the wand, u can re-glue..but it wont hold. If the hairs start to fall out, if they get stiff, and "tangled" they suck.
Yes, one, out of the many quo brushes I own did start to shed.I add it up to a defectivebrush...and keep your receipts ladies, if the store wont return, QUO will!
I would never waste my money buying H/E brushes; your paying for the name/logo...silly
I also wanted to add that your local art store is a wonderful place to find make up brushes, if you do ur research; and know what 'hair' is best for the kind of brush u want;TADA!!!! This is also a great idea for creating your own brush, which i have done (thou there is sum trial and error) Take charge of your make up skills and knowledge, dont feed into the commercial need to have "THE BRAND" brush. Its about skill; as they say its not about the (size) name, its how you use it!