November 29, 2014 | 923 users online

Polishes - Revlon - Nail Enamel - White on White #71

rated 1 of 5 on 6/25/2012 1:46:00 AM More reviews by blitherypoop

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Got it for $1. Feel I overpaid. Streaky and won't dry, as said by others. Gross. Bad as undies, probably worse on its own.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/28/2011 10:43:00 AM More reviews by snoozermoose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

So far, this is the only Revlon nail polish to fail me. As others have said, it streaks a lot and was generally a pain to apply. It took three very thick coats before it looked opaque enough and by then, it started to dent, which looks very noticeable on the white. I'd look for a basic white elsewhere.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/24/2010 5:05:00 AM More reviews by Jayemceetee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

For me it's just gloopy and does look very thick once you have two coats on.

I swipe my tips with my basecoat before applying the white, and I'm Seche Vite girl. However, I'm going to check all the reviews to see if I can find a better recommendation for Fench manis.

I wouldn't repurchase, there has to be something better out there!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/23/2010 9:18:00 PM More reviews by Centro

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was expecting Revlon's nail polish to be excellent quality for a drugstore brand, just like most of its makeup. I needed a white nail polish to add in my collection and chose this. It leaves streaks, takes FOREVER to dry, and everything about this nail polish is just a no-no for me. Not impressed at all. It could just be my technique, hopefully this will work on others!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2009 4:03:00 AM More reviews by Indrawn

(In Australia this is actually 050 White on White.)
I'm a big fan of French tips and on my second bottle of this, I think I can safely say that I will not be repurchasing anymore. The first bottle dried up and became unusable after I had only used 50% of the polish. I took better care of my second bottle but again at 50% it has already become too thick to use. Funny, because on my nails it takes FOREVER to dry and even when I'm convinced it's dry and I go to bed, I always get fabric indentations!

It goes on very streaky, at first I thought all polishes are like that but I'm sure there's better out there. Two coats barely covers up the streakiness but a third coat makes it too thick.

With no base/top coat it starts to chip and crack in 4 days. With a crappy $1 top coat I can make it last a week, barely.

Once this runs/dries out I think I might try the OPI. This is not the cheapest nor the best nailpolish I've bought.

EDIT: OPI Alpine Snow is even worse. Expensive ($20), streaky, thick and messy x2! Returned that immediately.

- - -

EDIT: I am giving Revlon a third chance because I simply cannot find a better replacement in Australia. Kmart was having a BOGOF Revlon polish sale so I bought two more whites. Really they are worth $7 and not $14!

I believe that I could've taken better care of my first two bottles; I didn't store them in a very cool place so that is probably why they dried out faster than they should have. My mum has Revlon polishes that must be like 10+ years old seriously, and they are in better condition and she's almost gotten to the bottom of the bottle! She stores them in a cool, dark drawer.

So this time I first did a clear base coat with Sally Hansen Double Duty Base/Top Coat. I always cut my nails square and use tape to get the line, so I can have professional looking square tips. This clear polish works very well with the tape method because crappier ones just come straight off along with the tape.

I had almost forgotten how nice the formula originally is (before it thickens). It's VERY thin and easy to apply, dries at just the right rate (so you can quickly fix mistakes/gaps) and gives a lovely matte but glossy finish. Along with the glossy clear base coat my nails look real.. but fake! One layer is rather streaky. The second layer is *okay*, 95% opaque I'd say so that's good enough. I would still think that a third layer would be too thick for French tips. With a top coat I am expecting this to still last a week. + 1 lippie.

- - -

EDIT: Okay I recently bought my 5th bottle of this and I have found out how to get the PERFECT French manicure! :) Honestly my nails could not look better. What I use: Revlon White on White, Sheer Sugar (white) and Sheer Blossom (pink) - but any sheer white and pink will work I guess.
1- Apply one coat of Sheer Sugar and let it dry thoroughly. This doesn't turn my nails white, but rather a nice light pink. Sometimes it is streaky but it's okay because I go over it later.
2- Stick on French tip stencils, but personally I use tape to get the square tips. If the first coat isn't dry sometimes it will peel off.
3- Apply 2 coats of White on White. Sometimes it is streaky but that's okay.
4- When this is fully dry, apply one coat of Sheer Blossom on the bottom pink half of your nails, and then one coat of Sheer Sugar over the top white half at the same time. This a) gets rid of the 'ridge' between the white/pink because the 2 layers of White on White kind of sticks out, b) fills in any streakiness from the previous layers, and c) if you apply the sheer pink over the whole thing, the white tip turns a weird pink colour. By applying the sheer white last, it keeps the tip fresh and white.
Using this method I had a perfect French manicure for 11 days, and by then I only removed it because my nails were getting too long and needed trimming.
Upping this to a 5 because it works beautifully if you know how to use it. :]

PRICE [4] $14 AUD for 14.7 ml | PACKAGING [3] | REPURCHASE [yes]

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2008 11:03:00 PM More reviews by Ivylim

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Like what e/o else says- it's very streaky. When I put it on thickly it doesnt streaky but it looks really uneven. I suggest using this under the nail for that clean natural nail look. It does chip after like a day or two. It doesnt really take too long for it to dry for me. Not going to repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/8/2008 11:25:00 AM More reviews by vatonc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Yet another major disappointment in the search to do french tips at home. I agree with the other reviews- it took forever to dry (even with SV), was very streaky...and...looked like white-out :( YUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/9/2007 12:24:00 AM More reviews by TenduYou

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Streaky, takes a long time to dry. If you're careful, the results aren't too bad. It didn't last very long though.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2006 4:02:00 PM More reviews by hounddog1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So baad. It takes years to dry and the color is streaky. Looks like white paint on. Ugly. I dont like the brush in these. I much prefer Dior or Lumene.