September 19, 2014 | 1910 users online

Toners - Burt's Bees - Carrot Seed Oil Complexion Mist [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2011 2:07:00 AM More reviews by maggiecuda

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

NO, is this going to be DC?!

I don't see it available on the official website, nor Amazon :(

This is my HG facial mist. Some people think it smells like dirt, I think it smells natural and clean. I love it. I use it multiple times a day. I keep one in the fridge as a pick-me-up. I'm on the drier, acne-prone side, and this mist keeps me clear and moisturized. Love, love, love. Must stock up apparently :(

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2010 2:57:00 AM More reviews by FeliciaK

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I actually bought this just because I thought it looked like an interesting thing to try. It says its for sun-drenched and mature skin, but I don't find that it really does much it that department. It isn't very moisturizing, its more of a toner type of liquid, and with my normal to dry skin I cannot just use this and no moisturizer. I used to use after i washed my face and before I put lotion on. But didn't really seem to help my skin much or make a big difference so I stopped using it for a while. Then as winter picked up I found that spraying this on as a makeup setter works wonders! I wear more face makeup in the winter than in the summer so sometimes my makeup can look a bit "overdone" but when I spray this over and it softens my makeup, as well as adding a little hydration. And now I do this everyday! A great alternative for Mac's Fix+, and a lot cheaper too! The scent is so so, and sometimes lingers around, but I don't mind it too much, the only gripe I have is that the spray bottle it came in after while would spray unevenly. So I would spray my face directly, but the spritz would miss my face and there was nothing i could do to fix it. So I just transferred into another spray bottle. Overall, good stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2010 2:35:00 PM More reviews by soniawonia

Absolutely fabulous. Love love, love, LOVE, this product. I use this at night and sometimes over makeup to set. The way I use it I pull my hair back, put a headband on, then mist. Keeps my skin hydrated and looking fab. Evens skin tone as well. I actually freaking adore the way this smells. I love essential oils, so earthy. The scent relaxes me and helps me sleep. Plus I feel super luxurious as I'm applying it. All misty and fancy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2008 3:04:00 PM More reviews by hollyc01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I will generally skip toner because most (even high end) can be very drying to my already moisture challenged skin. This is lovely. I don't use it as a spray directly onto my face, but rather onto a facial cloth to apply after cleansing. It removes all residue and leaves my face soft and moist. I would rather have it in a glass bottle that the aluminum can, but will continue to buy regardless. I don't understand everyone's hangup with the scent of Burts Bees products. I don't think they add fragrance, the scent goes along with the ingredients. Anyone who has ever worked with essential oils knows how fragrant these potent plant products can be. Most "scent free" products are chemical in composition and have additional chemicals added to neutralize the smell of the other chemicals in it. Yuck, give me Burt's, Burt's and more Burt's!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2008 8:12:00 AM More reviews by CyndiK

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have combination skin, and I've used this for about a year to set my mmu and through-out the day. The scent is unusual from anything else I use - it is refreshing and my husband likes it to. It says on the package that is may stain clothes - but I've not encountered that at all after much use. The container is light-weight and durable - so I carry it in my purse or it's rolling around in my car often. It absorbs very quickly on the skin -- more so than other spray toners I've used.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2008 9:34:00 AM More reviews by SuzyCutie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been buying this for years and apparently have forgotten to review it, so here goes.
    Firstly,here is the ingredient list-
    purified water,rose oil, sandalwood oil,patchouli oil,balsam peru,carrot seed oil,vetiver oil. This does smell strongly of sandalwood,so if you're not a fan...I love it; it's an earthy hippie scent,and I like the smell of sandalwood and patchouli anyway.I have VERY combination skin and can still use it with no ill effects-put this in the fridge for refreshing the skin on hot days and keep the plastic stopper on the bottle like a previous reviewer mentioned-far less mess if you drop it,or if it gets upset.
    This is a great spray for setting mineral makeup as well,and a cheaper alternative to D2o or other types of sprays.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2007 7:36:00 PM More reviews by MissMelissa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been eyeing this at my local health food store for a few weeks. Imagine my surprise when they were on Sale because they need to make room for the new Men's skincare items! I picked up this one and the one in Grapefruit. The plan was to use the Grapefruit on my combination skin (which is formulated to help balance oil) and give this one to my Mom. After reading through the reviews on here (thank you!), I realized that it all comes down to the scent. If she didn't like the smell, she wouldn't use it. I sprayed it and she hates the smell:( But I l LOVE IT!!! The mist is soooo fine! I can't believe it's not an aerosol, the way it comes out. (Peter Thomas Roth should find out where they're buying their sprayers) When I first spray it on my face, I smell the essentials oils and then a huge surge of HONEY! It's not on the ingredients, but I smell it! And I like! In my mind, I pictured this being much heavier then it is. It's very light, which I also like.
    This says that it's for Dry, Mature or Sundamaged skin. I didn't think I'd be able to use it, with my combination skin. I thought the Grapefruit would be best. Girl, was I wrong! My skin drinks this up and loves it! I guess it has to do with Winter coming, getting colder outside and my skin getting drier. I keep this in the refrigerator and whenever my skin's feeling a little dry, I shake it up and give myself a quick spritz. I've already used this on my chest and my back, after I get out of the shower. Partly for my skin and partly for the scent:) I'd be willing to pay full price for this product. It's going to last quite a while, being in a spray bottle and all. Now I need to find a place to buy this and stock up!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2007 1:34:00 PM More reviews by Tiger_Tim

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a great mist, even though I did not rate it highly. Be sure to shake VERY well as there are huge balls of the carrot seed oil in the product and you need to spead them so they spritz to the face. I felt the pump of this product was total crap. sprayed nothing in the middle just a very wide mist that virtually missed the face completely (and they tel you to be careful or it can stain some clothes). I ended up putting it into an empty Dr. Hauschka toner bottle (hence I could see the blobs of oil). I really liked the scent to start with - the Vetiver was very pronounced - a great scent for blokes actually - ut now I am getting VERY sick of it. I use this mist every day in the very dry and hot office setting and it does the trick well, but like I said, the scent is growing very old, very quick. I dont think I will get through the whole bottle before I cave in and find something that smells better. Becuase of the crap pump and scent I would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2006 5:35:00 AM More reviews by pixielu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is lovely, I use it as a toner, and it works very well. However I really do not like the scent, so probably wouldn't buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2006 2:36:00 PM More reviews by gypcc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i have extremely DRY skin.... this is a godsend at the office (where it always seems to be dryer)... my fine mist is a lil off... so you might havta be careful when you spray it... BUT.... it's amazing. i'll spritz my face & it's instantly relieved of dryness, there IS A VERY DISTINCT SCENT... that you'll either love or hate... it's like roses & patchouli... (which are some of the emoillients used). i'm indifferent to the scent because i REALLY love the versatility of this on my desk at work... instead of slathering on lotion or cream... i spritz. it works for me and i havent experienced any irritation or breaking out from it...

it's always on my desk (even if i dont use it every single day)