July 25, 2014 | 995 users online

Self Tanners - L'Oreal - Sublime GLOW

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2014 11:54:00 AM More reviews by sage4dylan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

So I started using this about 3 days ago. I got the one that says medium. I THINK I am a light-medium ( sometimes olive color) skin color. The first 2 nights I applied I really couldnt tell but a very small amount. Last night I could tell I was golden colored within 30 minutes of putting it on. I like it. It takes a while to see the color. It doesnt streak and isnt orange on me. I didnt want something that was going to just turn me tan/brown in minutes. It gives you control over how much tan you want. I like that. It does have shimmer/sparkle in the sun but doesnt bother me. I put it on my feet so that they will match my legs for sandal days but will have to skip my toes next time... it builds up there just like on your fingers when you apply it. The one thing I do not like about it is that it feels tacky on your skin for about 2 hours after applying. I do realize thats something to deal with tho if you want to apply sun-less tanning lotion. Smell didnt bother me. Price is ok. Package is good. I have a go to sunless tanning lotion now that I am not scared to apply. Perfect for me. I am 36 and have always tanned in the sun but I have decided to stop because I dont want skin cancer and I don't want any more wrinkles than I already have. I dont want to lose my youthful look in 10 yrs because I was stubborn and stayed in the sun so I could be tan.

Edit: After using this for over a week I realized I wont get any darker once I get to a point. Thats ok, it just means I need to use the Dark instead of Medium if I want to go darker. The medium will be good for me in the winter time.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2014 11:05:00 AM More reviews by Itsk8baby

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love every single this about this. It makes me look Brazilian and I'm SUPER pale with yellow undertones. Never ever looks orange! It's like a deep brown color! I LOVE it so much! Best drugstore self tanner on the market.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2013 9:27:00 AM More reviews by ohmmhm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this for about 2 weeks and I love it! I have a fading summer tan and this self tanner looked just like my real color and really evened out the tone on my whole body and face. It isn't orange at all! I was apprehensive about using this on my face since I have acne already but so far I've had very few problems with this product breaking me out more. I also apply this on my face every other day since my face wash fades the color more quickly and my face looks healthy instead of the dull pale cookie I get every fall/winter. I haven't noticed any streaks whatsoever but I do exfoliate and apply regular lotion to hands, gets, elbows and knees. As far as the scent goes, it's pleasant enough but barely noticeable until the next day when you'll get that slight self tanner smell. The color on my body lasts quite a few days and I reapply every 3-4 days. Overall, it's a great product with a very natural color!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/11/2013 2:56:00 PM More reviews by Bassiii

I found this way too sparkly for me, it was like I rolled in sparkles, good for a night out dancing or something. The colour only really came through by the second or third application and once desired colour was achieved I had to apply at least once a week and even then it would fade a bit (I shower every second day btw). The smell was rather musky but not horrid, only the odd time it would leave streaks but only noticeable if you have been applying it often. It also left my skin quite dry and I could not layer with other lotions or it would ball up and roll off. Okay product, will try others before I repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2013 11:21:00 PM More reviews by 80sglamrock

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm so glad I picked this up, this is one of the best self tanners I've ever used. I bought this up at CVS last week & all they had left was for Medium skin tones. I'm EXTREMELY fair w/ blue undertones so I wasn't sure if this would be too much for me or give me an orange tint but I wanted to try a new tanner before going on vacation so I took the Medium one anyway. This looks incredibly natural, especially on my super pale skin, no orange at all. This is very lightweight & almost watery but it blends in just like a regular body lotion would. I saw almost a deep color in just two days & it's very natural looking. I didn't experience any streaking or blotchy areas either, it's all one even color. I highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2013 2:51:00 PM More reviews by surrealmeal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wow, this stuff is really quite good. I am fair--between NC10-NC15 on my face--and my legs are a shade or two lighter. I specifically purchased this to use on my legs to help conceal some bruises and broken capillaries. I bruise SO easily, and the skin on my legs is so translucent I could almost swear you can see my blood pumping through.

I purchased this at CVS the other day. The only shade they had available was "Medium." I figured it would just have a tad more dihydroxyacetone than the "Light" version, and since it's a gradual self-tanning lotion anyway, I figured it would be just fine.

The packaging is simple, practical and generous. The color of the tube is even quite a pretty champagney-bronze hue. Would look nice on a bathroom counter or bedstand, for those who care about that.

The scent is reminiscent of something rosy. Not bad, not amazing, but I don't expect self-tanning lotions to smell very good so it's not a huge factor for me.

I used my Salux cloth and shaved my legs so my skin would be ultra smooth to apply the lotion. I dried myself off then, while still in the steam of the bathroom, applied a bit of plain lotion to my hands. I like to rub a tiny bit of the leftover plain lotion onto my knees and around my ankles--historically spots where self-tanners like to collect and crease.

Next came applying the Sublime Glow. The lotion itself is a buttery cream tone with very fine shimmers. It applied wonderfully easily. A little went a surprisingly long way, and it was easy to spread.

I applied it a couple hours before bed. I wasn't sure if it was just my imagination or not at first, but I thought I could see it start to develop after about a half hour. The lighting was a bit dim though.

I woke up the next morning and I have to say I was really impressed. It was probably a whole shade darker. I actually looked like I had gotten a real tan. It looks so natural on my fair skin, and it helps to blur the bruises, cellulite and capillaries just enough to make my legs look a bit, well, healthier.

I didn't even notice the fine shimmers on my skin until I got into direct sunlight. They were subtle and looked pretty nice, not tacky in any way.

Huh, I didn't mean to write such a long review. Bottom line:
I really like this stuff and highly suggest those with fair skin wanting to help mask some imperfections on your legs try it out.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 1:36:00 AM More reviews by drugstorejunkiee

I bought this to help me get tan for prom last year and I can't believe I forgot to review it because I absolutely loved it! I've used Victoria's Secret's and Bare Essentials self tanners and while they were both good, I love that with this one you can build up to the tan that you feel comfortable with without it feeling fake or too sudden. I put this on for 4 nights in a row he week before prom after my shower and about 30 minutes before going to sleep. People not only noticed my tan but were highly complimentary of it. I plan on using the sublime glow for this year's prom as well, the only change I'll make is to start using it a bit early so i can do it every other couple nights versus every night. The scent is also very minimal and considering I have extremely sensitive skin and eczema as well it's amazing that neither the scent nor the product gave me any rash or reaction! I was even able to put it on my face i just mixed it in with a little bit of lotion so my face was believably tan instead of being the same color as the rest of my body. I made sure I was well moisturized before applying, but the consistency and high quality ultimately made it unnecessary for me too moisturize because it did it for me! I would definitely recommend this product but if you're worried about having a reaction I would check with your dermatologist before buying it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2013 12:14:00 PM More reviews by lbb5062

I was apprehensive about using a self tanner, afraid of streaking and looking orange.. the typical self-tanning horror stories. But after reading tons of reviews on MUA I decided to buy this product. I didn`t want to be a white ghost on a campus of tan students returning from spring break. This product made me fit right in!

I purchased the medium, as I read the light was discontinued. I have pretty fair skin and was worried about turning orange.

Application 1: After the first application I noticed a subtle change. A slight glow. No streaking and ankles, knees, and elbows looked fine (but I made sure to exfoliate well!)!

The shimmer: The product does leave a lot of shimmer on your skin, but after a quick shower the shimmer disappears. I don`t mind it so much though, it`s pretty delicate. Just make sure to wash your hands.

The smell: The smell reminds me of raisins, but it isn`t overbearing. The self-tanner smell is very subtle. I applied this at night after showering, and I could sort of smell the self tanner on my sheets in the morning, but I could barely smell it on my skin.

The Bottle: I read complaints of the lid not closing well and the product leaking out, but L`Oreal must have made improvements because it closes just fine now.

The Consistency: Perfect! Not a think cream, but not a runny mess like some reviews mentioned. I had no problem! It applied evenly and it moisturizes well too! Apply just like you would any moisturizer.

Application 2: Again, I applied this at night after showering/exfoliating. I woke up with a nicer color. The change was subtle again, but I could tell that my tan was building. It was definitely starting to get darker.

Application 3: Now I have a noticeable tan. I like it but I think it`s a little too dark for me, maybe because I went from pale white to decent tan in 4 days and I just need to get used to it. I will go a few days without applying and let it fade a little, then I think I will only need to apply once a week from now on to maintain the color! Also, all the typical trouble spots (ankles, knees, elbows) look totally fine!

Color: The color is golden! Not orange! It looks like the natural tan I achieve by the end of the summer.

Tanner: The tanner has not stained my sheets or any of my clothes. I was worried that when I shower I will be reversing the tan I was building but that didn`t seem to be the case. I have had experiences with other products where when I exfoliated in the shower, the tanner came off somewhat and my tan turned blotchy.

Overall: I highly recommend! This is the first self tanner I have used with a very subtle and manageable smell. The shimmer can be dealt with by rinsing it off if you don`t like it. I think it enhances the glow of the tan. The product moisturizes well and I don`t feel like I`m applying a tanning product at all. The color builds nicely and is golden!

I paid $9 and change, purchasing it at my local grocery store instead of CVS because it was actually more expensive at CVS.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2012 8:52:00 AM More reviews by akudlicki

This stuff is the best! It looks super natural and it surprisingly didn't break me out. The smell sticks to you until you shower which can be pretty strong but hasn't been that big of an issue for me

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2012 2:07:00 PM More reviews by chunobabe

Even color, no blotches, natural color...... always exfoliate before every application. Glow saved me from going to the tanning salon twice a week!