July 25, 2014 | 1154 users online

Lip Treatments - Aveeno - Essential Moisture Lip Conditioner with SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2013 7:42:00 PM More reviews by fashionfreak678

My HG lip balm! It has a wonderful vanilla scent, a slight sheen, moisturizes lips nicely, and is long lasting. Great underneath lipstick. Love that it has sunscreen too! I started using this lip balm when it was first released and about a couple years later I couldn't find it in any store.

But after 5 years had passed since then I found it online and immediately bought it. Even after trying balms from various brands (Clinique, Fresh, Sephora, L'Oreal, etc.) looking for alternatives during those 5 years I still loved this product just as much as I did back then.

Currently only under $4 at drugstore.com and walgreens.com but Amazon also sells it (currently out of stock) for about 2 for $7.50.

Please don't ever discontinue it Aveeno!

Recommended!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2012 8:58:00 PM More reviews by arisibelle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

Very expensive for a small tube of lip protectant - between $5-12 at my local stores. Got mine for free by a stroke of pure luck. I had very bad lips and after using this for one day the change is enormous and very noticeable. Very happy with this product. Only thing that I MUST caution about it the menthol or some other ingredient seems to cause the corner of my mouth to dry out and get very painfully cracked. I fixed it by discontinuing the lip balm in favour of some olive oil and was back to normal in two days. So try not to use this just for the sake of using it. Only swipe it on if you actually need it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2012 7:19:00 PM More reviews by 2010

I got this product for free through a livingwell promo, plus I've gotten a few tubes from friends etc. I love the smell, first off - the typical "Aveeno" scent that I love. This chapstick doesn't moisturize me lips as well as I would hope so for that reason I wouldn't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2012 9:59:00 PM More reviews by polkaa

Love this stuff! It's a little pricier than other drug store lip products, got it at Shoppers Drug Mart in Canada for 6 or 7 dollars. But it's super smooth, doesn't dry my lips out. I use it almost every day and it lasts me about 3 months.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/1/2012 7:19:00 PM More reviews by lilkrunkie408

Worst lip balm ever. MADE MY LIPS PEEL for Months! I thought it was my water intake so I tried to drink more water and my lips were still the most chapped they'd ever been in my life and getting worse! I finally got suspicious and checked the reviews here on makeup alley and my thoughts were confirmed. I'm actually kind of grateful because I thought something was wrong with my body....throwing it out, good riddance!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2012 9:03:00 AM More reviews by elyselyse

This is the ONLY lip balm that can get me through the winter without dry, cracked lips. It isn't waxy, applies smooth with a slight sheen, and pumps some serious moisture back into your lips. It lasts for hours without reapplication! Great as a base under lip gloss, too. I keep one tube in my purse and another in my nightstand. Don't know how I ever lived without it!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2011 2:08:00 PM More reviews by Dream24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this product and have been wanting to buy it again (currently have too much lip products to buy another one).

Pros: love the smell, it is perfect for my dry lips, easy to twist out of the container, works well as a base (am able to put lip gloss on top)

Cons: I wasn't able to reach the end of the tube as it wouldn't twist out any further and wasn't strong enough when my lips became extremely dry.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/10/2011 8:23:00 PM More reviews by PetiteBtq

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is an Okay chapstick, but not one of my favorites. The consistency is really thick and slimy, and it also smells a bit like Children's Playdough which really bothers me. I stopped using this because it made my chapped lips even dryer. It doesnt absorb into your lips and replenish it, it just sort of sits there on your lips for a long period of time. But the thing with reviews is the product might have a different effect on each individual. If you like a nice, long lasting shine but also a bit of protection then this is perfect for you but if your like me and just want something to keep your lips hydrated and not chapped then this may not be what you are looking for. Don't get me wrong, i Love Aveeno's lotion and other products but this was a hit and miss for me. I usually say how much you can get it at a local drugstore but i have had this for a long time just sitting there so i'm clueless, sorry ! But its chapstick, it can't be that expensive.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2011 12:34:00 AM More reviews by maggie4makeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

It was too greasy. It looks like I applied to much lip gloss after I use it. On the brighter side, though, it does have a great smell and the packaging was nice and innovative. The twisting part is pretty convenient.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/10/2011 4:15:00 PM More reviews by rebonjour

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Aside from the SPF in this product, I see no real reason to purchase it again. The moisture is minimal to non-existent, and I can see a lot of people finding the strange twist-up of the product confusing on first use. I love lip balms, but this doesn't do anything positive or negative for lip moisturizing care. Wah-wah.