October 31, 2014 | 1444 users online

Powder - Awake - Invention Light Focus Powder Makeup

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2006 6:45:00 PM More reviews by stellina

Although I love Kanebo Total Finish, it's hard to find and not sold anywhere online, so when a friend gave me a GC for B&BW I thought I'd try this. I even saved a bit & got just the refill. The shade (Champagne) is perfect, and the finish is incredibly soft and silky, perhaps even more so than the Kanebo, but it just doesn't cover as well. It's about the same price so it's not cheap, but I would have gladly spent the money if it worked. If you don't need complete coverage, it might be worth it but since I need it, I won't be buying this again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2006 5:27:00 AM More reviews by strawbit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The packaging says it is "a light reflecting velvet finish pressed powder that highlights facial features while concealing imperfections; spreads smoothly over skin with a silky smooth touch to provide a medium coverage." Though it's not true that it conceals imperfections (need my Nars Custard for that), the powder's minuscule shimmery particles does make my flat Asian features appear more contoured. This powder is best for women with normal skin. It does no good job in giving extra moisture or oil control. It dries out already dry skin and gives a darkish-cakey look on oily ones. Gives no radiance or translucency whatsoever; goes on really matte. Re-application is necessary in the middle of the day. I have fair-yellowish skin, and I use Shell 202 shade, which I like because it matches my skin perfectly. Overall, it's a fair basic powder.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2005 1:58:00 AM More reviews by msjene

(A light reflecting velvet finish pressed powder that highlights facial features while concealing imperfections. It spreads smoothly over skin with a silky smooth touch to provide a medium coverage.)

Refill $36 Compact $10

3 Colors

Color Reviewed: #306 Rum (Medium yellow undertone)

This powder foundation has a very smooth finish. It claims to not appear white in pictures (I'll test it out this weekend!) I've used it just to touch up. I'll update after using it more.

UPDATE: The coverage of this powder in good...but the finish is not. It was too cakey looking and got a grey cast during the day. It reminds me of a mineral makeup finish. Yuck. Shu's Velvet Perfect and Diors Powder Foundations are so much better.