September 2, 2014 | 1528 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Andis Ceramic Flat Iron

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2013 11:11:00 AM More reviews by VeruskaRai

These are crappy irons. I literally just got the tangerine twist edition and it didnt even last one month before the ceramic wore down and I can now see the metal. The regular one in the picture I had prior actually lasted about six months, which I think isnt bad for 20 bucks or so, but it's just better to invest in a more expensive flat iron. I do however love the auto on/off features on these irons, which is why I bought the second one. Just save your money you can get a one one for about 60 bucks at Sally's.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2012 8:59:00 PM More reviews by aLightBulb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Amazing straightener I have smooth wavy hair and I put the heat setting to about the middle.

My only complaint is that, compared to more expensive brands it doesn't glide very well, like you must work a bit so it moves smooth..

OTHER THAN THAT.
Lovelovelove this.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/1/2012 6:10:00 PM More reviews by StephMtt

First off, let me say that this iron has some good qualities along with bad. I purchased this flat iron a couple of months ago and was really excited because it was so cheap. I figured it seemed like a very good flat iron because it is recommended for thick or coarse hair. I was amazed when I started using it because it didnít take long to heat up at all; the temperature being so high got my hair straight in one swipe. My hair felt weight less and shiny. This soon changed when the plates began to wear after only one month! The shine and weight less feeling was now gone, my hair looked frizzy and burnt. Also the smell it gave off was horrible; it kind of smelled like burnt rubber. I had to stop using this product because I was afraid it would damage my hair. I would not recommend this product because it is a waste of money, it is way better to invest in a more expensive one that will actually last and not damage your hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2011 3:48:00 AM More reviews by FearlessZombie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just straightened my hair with the 2 inch Andis straightener and it worked amazing for my hair. At first it hurt to touch my hair because it was still hot but I gave it a couple seconds and tried again and my hair still felt as soft as it did with my curly hair. Maybe even softer! The temperature gets pretty hot a low setting so I suggest you use a heat spray like I had so it doesn't damage your hair. I would definitely buy it again, especially considering I bought it for 15 dollars at Walmart. Pretty good price for a great straightener.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/7/2011 7:03:00 PM More reviews by kacibrianna

I've had this flat iron for almost a year and a half now. It's my first flat iron, and until this weekend, I thought it worked great. Then I used a Chi flat iron for the first time and realized just how bad my flat iron really is. It doesn't completely straighten my hair, and I have to go over my hair several times before it's even considered to be straight. And even then, it's still poofy-looking. Not to mention the plates catch and pull my hair. If given the chance, I would NOT buy this product again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2011 11:35:00 PM More reviews by kaxel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have the 1 inch Andis ceramic flatiron. It looks like the one pictured. This is my first flatiron and I bought it on the recommendation of a new hairstylist who suggested I might want to try flatironing my hair. Normally, my stylists suggest volumizing rather than flattening. So not being sure if flattening is something I'd really want to do, I didn't want to shell out $100 for an iron. This was rated well on Amazon and on sale for about $22. I have been very happy with it so far. I like that 1) it has various heat settings 2) it has a "lock" so you can close it while it's heating up or after turning off - no worries about tipping it over & burning yourself. 3) the cord swivels so it doesn't twist around as you are using it. I have medium texture shoulder-length hair with a big unruly wave in certain areas. I use it to flatten those areas and also to bring my hair back under control the 2nd day after washing. I actually kind of use this as a "curling iron" as well, to shape and curve my hair. Overall, I'm very pleased with it. It does not get my hair stick straight, but I think that is more of a matter of my own lack of skill & technique than a fault of the iron.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2010 11:10:00 PM More reviews by rittybear

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I currently have this flat iron, and it gets extremely hot to the point that I have to turn it off and straighten my hair for a while. Because of the heat protection serum I use my hair comes out extremely shiny and doesn't have the 'burnt' hair smell at all. The coating has become to come off but I've had it for the past 2 years. It's not thin enough to create curls but can do a loose wave now and then. Really cheap but spending more money will get you a way better flat iron.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2010 11:39:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Very inexpensive. Auto shut off (which is not as common in these as you would th
ink.) Heat range to choose from.

CONS: From reading these reviews, now I know why I've started to smell a burning hair smell when using (the posts here explain about the coating wearing off.) But mine has taken over six months to wear off.

ALTERNATES: I've been like Tool Science's Digital Tourmaline Styling Iron much better. The coating has lasted me a much longer time than on this one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2010 1:43:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

This is one of the best straighteners out there. It does not burn my hair like others, in the past, have. I have it set on a little above 10, because of my natural wavy hair, and it comes out stick straight. I love how my hair is silky and not frizzy from this. I love this straightener so much that after my first one broke (looked like it turned on but never heated up), I bought a second. FYI it took my first one about 3yrs to die on me. This does have an issue with the plating coming off. I never cared about it because it fades off and doesn't chip off like others do (I had one that chipped off where the spots where the plating was missing would catch my hair and pull it off my head). For $20 USD you really can't be beat.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2010 5:38:00 PM More reviews by atbmeg

I absolutly loved this iron while it worked. I read all the reviews and know that after about six months the ceramic coating would come off. But my ceramic coating came of after exactly 3 uses. I only straigten my hair once a week. I am AA with wavy hair. I couldn't even believe that it happened. It really did straigten my hair for three weeks. But it wasn't worth the 16 dollars because three weeks later I had to buy another. I bought the solid hot tools ceramic iron because after the experience of ceramic coated I am scared to buy another I will see how it works out.