September 17, 2014 | 897 users online

Sunscreen - Dr. Hauschka - Sunscreen Lotion SPF15

rated 2 of 5 on 7/5/2008 3:12:00 PM More reviews by aidenraine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Argh, I was using this over my regular moisturizing cream, and it made me break out like crazy! I started getting these horrible little whiteheads everywhere for the first time in my life. Normally my dry skin behaves itself but I found it actually kind of greasy while using this. The only thing I enjoyed about this product was the smell; it was kind of woodsy and pleasant, but didn't linger. This was probably one of the cheaper Dr. H's products I've seen, so I'm a bit sad it didn't work out. Definitely not right for my daily protection use, and too low SPF for other occasions.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/27/2008 5:05:00 PM More reviews by beautyqueen777

It's a shame that this SS is NOT available in North America!

All natural, physical ss, blends perfectly with other Dr. Hauchka skincare products, surprisingly no breakout at all (I got breakout after almost ALL chemical, physical, natural SS).

make me want to go to germany to thank Dr. Hauschka lab in person:)

I bought it during a trip to UK. You can always order online, but the duty + other charges (i know, for what?) would make it really expensive for a tube of ss!

EDIT:

Having finished the 1st tube, I would say that it's a good product, but not recommended for dry/sensitive skin, as Alcohol is the 2nd ingredient. It dries out the skin very fast and fail to hold the moisture.

sadly have to start my hunting for the next perfect SS;)

EDIT 2:

Got my 3rd tube from UK, noticed that the company SIGNIFICANTLY changed its claim about sun protection on the tube:

Before: SPF 15 Sun protection tested per Australian standard

Now: "No sun screen product gives 100% protection against UV-rays. Over exposure to the sun is a serious health threat". - No claim about any sun protection at all.

Having a best friend working in marketing makes me very alert with the wording, especially change of wording in product claims.

If a SS tells you that no SS can protect against UV rays 100%, simply don't buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2006 3:15:00 PM More reviews by molie

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like this sunscreen for my body, but it is too greasy for my face. If you are looking for a good oil-free (and chemical-free) face sunscreen, try Lavera's new SPF 20 for face. You have to let it sit for about ten minutes before applying powder or anything else, but it protects well and won't leave you oily!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2005 8:33:00 PM More reviews by paint51

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've used this product for years and love it. I put it on and let it sink in before applying a light foundation. If it doesn't all sink in, I just use a blotter paper before applying makeup. It's difficult to find a physical barrier sunscreen that goes on well under makeup. This is the best I've found. Also, I'm sensitive to chemical smells, so the natural ingredients are another plus for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/9/2005 4:28:00 AM More reviews by jessiemay

I don't know what to think about this product... I guess I haven't used it enough to see great results... The reason I haven't used it a lot though is because it STINKS!!! I cannot stand the smell which is odd since I slather on the ACV and the tea tree oil and all that. The weird herbal smell with the tacky texture completely puts me off of this product...