November 28, 2014 | 1982 users online

Shampoo - Suave - Naturals Lavender Shampoo

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2012 9:19:00 PM More reviews by adrota

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

i am using this at the moment. Not too bad for a basic shampoo that cleans. I am not a fan of lavender smells but its okay I guess. I may or may not buy it if I decide to try something else for a change.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/27/2008 6:07:00 PM More reviews by JenniferDeann

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Eew! This shampoo smelled really good in the bottle at Target yesterday, but when I used it (along with the matching conditioner) this morning it was a totally different story. It smelled overly powdery-perfumy to the point my throat felt like it was going to close up. I honestly don't really know what Lavender is supposed to smell like, but this ain't it. I can still taste it and it's been hours. After suffering through that my hair was left really dry to boot, so it's a definite no on the repurchase question. Since zero lippies wasn't an option, I gave it one lippie for the great price, especially on sale regularly at Target. Sometimes I use shampoo rejects as hand soap, but this one is headed straight to the trash can.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2008 10:22:00 PM More reviews by mooshrimp

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Yum. It smells amazing and my hair is squeaky clean. Good cheap shampoo. I'm one of those people who believes shampoo is shampoo and there is no difference between a cheap and expensive shampoo. They all clean. The only criteria for me is that it smells great. Conditioner is the only thing that matters to me. So I go spend $1.50 on this and then the other $18.50 that I would have spent on the expensive stuff on a fun lipstick or chocolate or both.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2008 9:12:00 AM More reviews by Tina68

My hair is very thick, coarse and curly and for some unbeknownst reason my hair loves and reacts very well to Suave shampoo and conditioners. The Natural Lavender Shampoo is no exception. This is a very basic shampoo that cleans hair very well. It doesn't condition, add volume, remove tangles or promise to do anything else except to clean. My hair is left squeaky clean and shiny. The smell is pleasant and not overpowering - which in my humble opinion - is very important. It has a great price tag, an easy-to-open flip top, lathers well and has a wonderful scent. What's not to like? I will continue buying this shampoo.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2007 10:46:00 PM More reviews by meh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the nicest cheap shampoo ever! The fragrance is absolutely addictive, and the shampoo cleanses very well, this is a great weekly clarifying shampoo that doesn't dry hair out or cause breakage. (I have tangly fine hair and an oily scalp). I don't use the matching conditioner, but the shampoo is a no-brainer if I need a drugstore shampoo! It's the best!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2007 5:23:00 PM More reviews by Poppylovee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love everything about this shampoo. The lavender-lilac scent is great. It doesn't dry my hair out, but still cleanses well. It lathers up nicely, too. Plus, it's cheap so if you haven't already tried it, you really should, as it's a fantastic shampoo.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2006 7:29:00 PM More reviews by CoconutBreeze

This smells really good, and I love the lavender color!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2006 3:20:00 PM More reviews by Beautiful_Singing_Martha

This is a good shampoo. I love the way it smells. It cleans very well. I can pick it up at Walmart for really cheap. I use it with Suave's Lavender Conditioner. The only reason I didn't give it 5 lippies is because it doesn't add volume to my hair. But as far as cleaning, it does a good job. I can't compare it to salon/professional shampoos because I have never tried any yet.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2006 6:29:00 PM More reviews by AlleyCat415

As a bubble bath, this is a great product. But a shampoo? I find it hard to believe that Suave can even come close to Salon brands like they claim they can. I washed my hair with it once, it came out like straw and when I looked up the ingredients I saw why:

Ingredients Water (Aqua), Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, Ammonium Laureth Sulfate, Ammonium Chloride, Lavender (Lavandula Angustifolia) Extract, Passionflower Extract (Passiflora Edulis), Peppermint Extract (Mentha Piperita), Rose Extract (Rose Canina), Cocamide MEA, Panthenol, Fragrance (Parfum), PEG-5 Cocamide, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Tetrasodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Benzophenone-4, Citric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Ext. D&C Violet No. 2 (Cl 60730).

Ammonium anything is one of the toughest and cheapest detergents used in shampoos. Combine that with the silicones and you've got a recipe for bad hair.
Everytime I read the reviews for the Strawberry in this line I am wondering if I am using the same line (because of lot of the ingredients in these are identical with the exception of fragrance). In no way does Suave compare to salon brands. Sorry.

continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2006 12:21:00 AM More reviews by uisceboo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Smells good, but not a strong enough lavendar to really be unique. My boyfriend used to use their jasmine, and I couldn't get my face out of his hair, so my expectations were high. Le sigh...