September 30, 2014 | 1863 users online

Lip Treatments - Bath and Body Works - True blue spa watch your mouth lip balm

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2011 2:48:00 PM More reviews by Jessiebanana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I tried the newer SPF15 version and it made my lips crack and peel terribly. It was so painful I could barely open my mouth after a few days. I returned it of course and I would never purchase it again. I would have stopped using the first day if I had realized it was the cause of my extra dryness, but I've never had such a terrible experience with a lip balm. I didn't understand the concept of a lip balm drying out your lips until I tried this. I like the rest of the True Blue Spa like so I was shocked at the performance of this product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2009 7:23:00 PM More reviews by vesuvana

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this to replace the previous version of the same BBW true blue spa lip balm and I was very disappointed with the new overly strong tropical fruit scent and flavor. It goes on nice but I can't stand the new odor, and the odor doesn't go away. I don't know why they changed a perfectly good product this way.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2008 7:18:00 AM More reviews by LexzCW

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

I received this as a stocking stuffer during the holidays and I fell in love pretty much instantly because of the SPF 45. I'm a firm believer that you can never have too much sunscreen and I like lip balms with it included. Compared to other lip balms with SPF, I think that this is very reasonably priced, so I have no complaints there. As a balm it's pretty average, but it gets the job done. Also, I like the fragrance. It smells kind of fresh and it's not overpowering (unlike certain other lip balms).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2007 1:04:00 AM More reviews by brwneyedgymnast23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have bought this lip balm many many times. Although they recently raised the price from $4 to $5. I liked last year how they went on clearance when summer was over, I got a few of them. I hope they do that again this year. Anyways, it's lightly citrusy/lemony and clear. It moisturizes well and is slightly glossy. And I love that it has spf 45.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2007 11:28:00 PM More reviews by MissMessDC

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was pretty happy to find a lip balm that was broad-spectrum SPF 45, usually you're lucky to find one that's SPF 15! I spend a lot of time outside and I've yet to experience any sunburned lips since I found this. As far as chapstick goes there's nothing really extraordinary about it nor is there anything negative. It smells okay, it feels okay, it keeps my dry lips moist enough. I mainly like it for the SPF.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2006 12:21:00 PM More reviews by zernelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a great little lip balm hidden among all the mediocre products at Bath and Body Works. It's one of the few lip balms that has broad-spectrum sunscreen. It has a good texture: not too waxy or greasy or sticky. It keeps my lips well moisturized, and it smells fine (though I would prefer no fragrance at all). All this for just $4! I use it on its own or under lipstick. I definitely recommend this product. UPDATE: I've found that this lip balm actually dries out my lips. It's going in the trash, and I will not repurchase. Active Ingredients: Avobenzone (2.0%), Octinoxate (7.0%), Octisalate (5.0%), Octocrylene (5.0%), Oxybenzone (5.0%). Inactive Ingredients: Petrolatum, Flavor, Candelilla Wax, Carnauba Wax, Cetyl Alcohol, Beeswax, Lanolin, Sucralose, Propylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2006 6:49:00 PM More reviews by kelticmaddox

This lip balm comes in a regular sized lip balm tube, and is reasonably priced for being a BBW True Blue Spa product with good SPF (It's $4 a tube.}

The Scent seems to be the typical true blue spa/shea butter scent. It's pleasent and not distinctive of any particular thing, though I do smell a chemically/sunscreen scent in it too. That kind of turns me off, but I can tolerate it.
The SPF is the reason why I bought this (and I assume why most people will buy this.) I guess there is no real way of telling how well this works to protect lips, but I trust it. One annoying thing about this is that the instructions say to put on 15 minutes before sun exposure. I would rather be able to put this on and have it immediatly protect my lips, but whatever. I guess most sunscreens have you wait 15 minutes. For those that won't mind the chemically smell (its really not that bad, but I'm kind of sensitive) I say go for this. I will repurchase it until I can find something with the same SPF protection and no sunscreeny taste.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2005 7:36:00 PM More reviews by sbforwin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I got this during BBW's semi-annual sale for $2.50, and normally I think this is $4.50 or something, pretty pricy for a lip balm. Anyhow this lip balm is great because it's one of the very few lip balm that offer broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection, which I really need in the summer because I go to the beach and lake a lot. The balm itself has good texture, not too sticky or greasy, and doesn't have any nasty smell or taste. It did a decent job protecting my lips. Normally my lips are fine during the summer, though after intense outdoor activity it can get chapped, and so far I haven't had that happen to me. My next test is to take this skiing and see how this would fare. But I've used this for 3 months now and am very happy with it. I would definitely look out for this during next BBW sale.