November 25, 2014 | 1726 users online

Skincare - Body - Victoria's Secret - garden line- ultra softening body butter- any scents

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2012 4:07:00 AM More reviews by Mirella86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just love this body butter. it is not greasy, all the smells are awesome and it hydrates and moisturizes the skin better than any lotion. I like the texture and a little goes a long way. i would definitely buy it again, even if it is a little pricey

rated 2 of 5 on 2/13/2012 3:59:00 PM More reviews by HollywoodIceQueen

So I originally gave this a 5 - no idea why. I mean it just doesnt moisturize. Oh and almosy all of the tubs have been opened and umm, fingered.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2012 2:02:00 PM More reviews by Donovan

Great texture and wonderful scents, which are subtle and long lasting. Above average for skin softening, but not the best.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/7/2011 12:35:00 PM More reviews by Carnold1956

Liked the old formula much better. Thinking of returning what I bought.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/26/2011 1:54:00 PM More reviews by HappyTheFace23

Victoria Secret is having there semi-annual sale right now, and so I decided to check it out. I've heard a lot of people say that the clothes they sell there fall apart easily (that they are cheap), so I decided to focus my attention towards their beauty products, as they have many excellent reviews.

To my surprise, the entire beauty section of VS was on sale for 75% and I went crazy (the original price is $10 - so I got each for $2.50). I love body butters, and I decided to try their Garden Line's "Ultra Softening Body Butters," and I bought about 5 different scents of them. (Love Spell, Pure Seduction, Wild Scarlet, Secret Charm, Strawberries & Champagne)

I'm not reviewing scents, because that is up to the individual perchasing to decide, but I think that these five smell really nice.

When I first opened the very cute tub of body butter I was surprised, because it looked very solid, thick and hard. But when I started to dig my fingers into this stuff it softened and became light and smooth. I slathered myself up from neck to toe in this stuff and here is what I discovered:
- It is not greasy
- The scent does not last (for me - which is good - for me)
- It absorbs really quickly into the skin
For me the absorbtion is too fast, because I sort of take a big scooop and spread it everywhere and gradually every part of me gets a chance to have it rubbed in. But it absorbs so fast, that by the time I finish rubbing one leg in, the other ones already absorbed it, and I have to waste more, because it isn't fully moisturized.
- For a body butter it moisturizes poorly
- If you apply too much it gets collected and yucky in your body hair
- For sensitive parts of your skin this stuff burns
- It softens your skin but does not make it smooth

After one day, I went to have a shower, and while the body butter was washing off it felt like it was burning my skin. I immediately returned all the body butters and got my money back. I was not satisfied with this perchase, and will not be buying anymore products from VS beauty.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2011 10:15:00 PM More reviews by SexpotOnTheRocks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

V.S. body butter is my favorite item that I discovered while working for Victoria's Secret. I avoid using this on my chest, neck, and face. But this stuff works beautifully on my arms, legs, and tummy. It is the perfect amount of moisture for my dry skin, leaving me soft but not greasy. And I'm really surprised that it doesn't irritate my KP like so many other lotions do. Only $10. The only downside is that is has too many chemicals and can become a little irritating for sensitive skin with continuous use. Otherwise, a nice treat to pick up if you're browsing through the V.S. beauty section.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2010 12:34:00 AM More reviews by Besitos

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I received the scent SOFT EMBRACE...omg, just lovely! It's a soft combination of coconut & jasmine. And beyond smelling so good, the cream itself is really moisturizing. I have one in my handbag and another in my nightstand to apply before I go to bed...LOVE!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2010 6:24:00 PM More reviews by Workoutgirl3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Kinky, Other Eyes: Blue

OH MAN! I love these so much, very moisturizing and make my skin feel so soft and smell with a light beautiful fragrance. They do not dry out my skin like most scented products do. I want them in every scent :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2010 12:43:00 AM More reviews by LorelaiNoah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

Overall Review: The VS body butters smell so much...different than the rest of the Garden Collection. Its a huge improvement to be honest. I find the sprays to smell like straight up alcohol. The body butters on the other hand - have a SLIGHT powder smell in the alcohol's place. The texture is whipped, super moisturizing, & to die for! ;)
My favorite is the Love Spell scent...but only in the body butter version. Smells like gummy bears! You can check my profile for that review, along with a review for the Vanilla Lace body butter.
Make sure you check the ingredients before purchasing. I LOVE that these body butters don't contain mineral oil, & have Shea Butter as the 3rd ingredient. However a few of them contain isopropyl alcohol, which is very dehydrating. Yikes. I can vouch that Love Spell & Vanilla Lace don't, but Sweet Daydream does.
Price: 2 Lippies
I bought this in a 6 VS Garden items for $30 deal. This seems to be an year long sale. Haha. So for $5, this was a great deal!
Packaging Quality: 5 Lippies
I'm not going to lie & say this is the most elegant/luxurious packaging around. However it is cute & looks great in my bathroom! I love the fact it comes in a tub.
Would you buy this product again? YES YES YES! I'm actually thinking of going back & stocking up. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2010 3:29:00 PM More reviews by diorbella413

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Usually body butters are very greasy anfd heavy on my skin, i bought this on a whim a couple of weeks ago. come to find out i absolutely loved this product and i've determined i cannot live without it anymore. 3/4 of the way through my first jar, went back and bought 5 more jars, love this! it's the best feeling thing that i have ever put on my skin. the fragrance is also strong enough that it will stay on all day.