November 21, 2014 | 1742 users online

Moisturizers - Neutrogena - Intensified Day Moisture SPF 15

rated 1 of 5 on 6/19/2013 10:57:00 AM More reviews by Annemarie24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Wow, what a disappointment... The moisturizer in itself is fine, but the active ingredients in this moisturizer (ensulizole & octinoxate) do NOT protect against the skin damaging UVA rays from the sun - only UVB rays.

So be aware that you have to use another sunscreen on top of this, if you want to protect your face against sundamage and aging.

The worst thing is, that they actually state on the packaging that it provides broad spectrum UVB/UVA protection. I've tried to contact Neutrogena several times about this, and ask them which specific, active ingredient provides the UVA protection, but they've just sent me the full ingredientslist (several times, actually) without being able to point out the UVA protection.

So I can only recommend finding a moisturizer that actually contains proper sunprotection... If you want to check if the active ingredients in your moisturizer is able to provide protection against both UVA and UVB rays, check ingredient-sites such as Bulk actives or Paula Begoun's cosmetic ingredient dictionary:

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2013 9:52:00 PM More reviews by Stephb630

I love this moisturizer! It isn't too heavy or too light! It instantly takes away the tight feeling I have directly after cleansing, soaks in timely, and is perfect under foundation!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/7/2012 5:44:00 AM More reviews by adriana706

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have eczema and very dry skin, although the eczema was under control when I decided to try out this product. I put it on at night, and when I woke up the next morning I had a rash all over my face. Really disappointed with this product, and do not know exactly what ingredient triggered it. I had to baby my skin for a week with oatmeal masks and Vaniply cream for it to calm down.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2012 5:06:00 PM More reviews by aquatic

Love this stuff! I can't stand super lightweight moisturizers so this is perfect. It perfectly hydrates my skin, my skin absorbs it pretty quickly, and it has SPF. I have really sensitive skin and I usually can't put a regular face moisturizer around my eyes. This moisturizer is safe to put on even the most delicate areas. All around great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2012 4:51:00 PM More reviews by MakeMeDown

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

LOVE this product. In the past I've never really had a problem with dry skin (just sensitive, somewhat combination but mostly normal), but for some reason this winter, and particularly in the last week, my skin was SO dry, especially on the sides of my chin under my mouth, I literally was putting on moisturizer 10x a day and still getting flaky skin, and was unable to put on any makeup. I tried more expensive brands which didn't really help, and after some online research, finally ran to my drug store the other day and picked this up - SOO happy I did! The effects were immediate - the next day my skin was basically back to normal, dry skin and flakes were gone :) I've only been using it a few days, so I can't say if it will make me break out or not - I hope not! Anyways, if you are experiencing severely dry skin, I highly recommend you try this cream!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2012 4:28:00 PM More reviews by ashleystar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I always know the weather's shifting because I get this gorgeous, flaky crop of skin right in the center of my T-zone and down the sides of my nose, and my skin starts to feel tight... signaling it's time to change my moisturizer!
What I LOVE is that this is the ONLY moisturizer I've tried that totally eliminates the flakiness, PLUS it has SPF 15 built in. What I'm having issues with? It makes my skin SO oily by the middle of the day, even if I layer on a primer over it.

It's love, though; everything about it, minus the shine, is making it my new winter must-have moisturizer!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2012 1:20:00 PM More reviews by Kimberlyj33110

Bought this based on MUA reviews, very glad I did. Was using Miracle in a jar, which I loved but was getting pricey, then went to Clinique Moisture Surge (which was working except it ended up being pricey too bc of how fast I used it, which in essence I realized I needed something more concentrated ). I am no stranger to HE products, but this stuff is great for the price, and i am very impressed with the effect this has on my skin.I was sold when a reviewer mentioned it eliminated the flakiness her makeup caused when applying it over drier areas, and it does just that. AND dosent have a fragrance, break out or dry out my finicky combo/dryish but breakout prone Retin-A treated skin. I knocked off a lippy for unsanitary jar.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2012 8:55:00 PM More reviews by kayleebabydoll

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

After my beloved Dove Deep Moisture Day Lotion was discontinued after 7 years of use, I was on the hunt for a new moisturizer to quench the needs of my dry skin. I tried everything from Olay to Aveeno to Kiehls, all which had claims for "dry skin" but none of them soaked into my skin and just felt as if it was just sitting on top of it, not "moisturizing" it. I thank god that i came across the Neutrogena Intensified Day Moisture. It meets the needs of my dry skin and it sinks right in leaving my skin feeling beautifully soft and moisturized (exactly what I look for in a moisturizer). Doesn't make my skin oily looking, relieves my dry skin, no horrible scent, makes my makeup look flawless on my face and has SPF! (a must for face creams). For those whose skin feels tight after you shower or wash it and makeup sometimes flakes on your face, this moisturizer is perfect for you. I cannot stress how much it has helped me! Only con with it though is that it comes in a jar (unhygenic sticking your fingers into it all the time and the cream gets in your finger nails). If this was in a bottle then it would be perfect! but as long as the cream works, it can come in a tin foil wrap for all I care :p

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2012 2:51:00 PM More reviews by abbyblue

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Purchased this after reading MUA reviews, and am LOVING it! Okay, I've only been using it for a few days, but my skin, which is combination and can be acne prone with the wrong product, is absolutely loving this moisturizer. I am using it in the morning and at night,both with excellent results. I am waking up to moisturized, even toned, clear skin, but not at all feeling/looking greasy. I had some small bumps that are already clearing up and no new bumps/pimples. During the day I apply it under a simple powder foundation and it makes my skin look even and almost dewy, but not greasy. I will definitely keep buying this one!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2012 10:11:00 AM More reviews by lblasucci

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Thank you MUA reviewers! Problem solved in less than 36 hours. Never having a dry skin issue, I started noticing some dry skin on my forehead and jaw lines. I'm chalking this up to the changing of the seasons. Nonetheless, a little research on MUA and I'm good to go. Although I bought this for my temporary changing of the seasons issue, I will continue to use. LOVE IT!

UPDATE: 7/2/12 I just repurchased. I'm still loving it!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No