October 20, 2014 | 1951 users online

Cleansers - Ren - Zostera Marina Cleansing Milk Wash - Dry

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2013 8:03:00 PM More reviews by mintygreen02

works really good i think it even evens out my skin tone a bit too!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/26/2011 9:15:00 PM More reviews by beautyinme

I am a bit sad that this cleanser did not work out for my dry, sensitive skin. My skin was silky soft and moisturized the first time I used it. I don't usually put on makeup so I can't say if it cleans off makeup well. It does not give me that tight, dry feeling like some other cleansers do. However, after using it a few more times, I noticed that it did nothing to sooth the dry patches on my cheeks. I have to apply moisturizer immediately. What made me decide to return this cleanser is that it started to irritate my skin. I had a couple breakouts on my nose and cheeks (like small red dots). It must be some sort of citric acid in it (I can kind of smell it) that irritated my skin. My skin can't stand anything citrus-ish. I like the package, as the product is easy to pump out. However, for the results at $32 a bottle, I think it's just an overpriced product. Probably won't last you that long either. Plus, I can imagine this product clogging up my pores (especially around my nose area) after continuous use because it leaves a film on my face.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2011 12:23:00 AM More reviews by mccafferty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I used this for several years. I usually rinse it off and then use my face cloth for gentle polishing and drying. However, I noticed that my white face cloth gets a bit beige in the middle after a while. I didn't think much of it as I thought that's caused by some dead skin cells trapped by the cloth as a result of the polishing. Then I moved to HK and started to use cleasing oil - still polishing off with my face cloth at the end. But my face cloth no longer turns beige. That means Ren didn't clean off my make up properly, and the colouring was caused by residue makeup! That aside, this cleansing cream does have a lovely texture and smell, and it is "gentle" for sure. I am still using it, after my cleansing oil, or on its own on days when I am not using makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2011 8:19:00 PM More reviews by brianadecaro

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

If I could marry this, I would. It's way better at cleaning than my boyfriend is!! That tidbit aside, I do love this. I was looking for a more moisturizing cleanser since I started using an Rx retinol and as soon as the weather got cold, my skin got uncomfortably dry and scaly. I was using First Aid Beauty, which I initially loved, but something in there is irritating me now. Bummer. I use a couple other REN products and am in deep like with those, so I decided to give it a shot. My face was seriously red, dry, irritated,dry, scaly, flaky, painfully dry! (Did I mention dry?) After 1 - yes ONE - use of this wash with it's moisturizer mate, my skin was almost normal. After 2 uses, it was like nothing ever happened. After 3 uses, I was glowing like the elven princess from Lord of the Rings. Really.

This removes every stitch of makeup from my face! (I don't use facewash in my eye area, so I can't attest to that) Days when I just wore a tinted moisturizer - gone. Light liquid foundation - gone. The true test is the Bobbi Brown foundation stick I use - it's full coverage, creamy, stage-makeup like. This cleanser obliterated that stuff! All without being super harsh and drying and all while using natural good for you ingredients. I do suspect this may have given me a few clogs, but eh, I use a retinol anyway... they go away sooner or later.

The airless pump packaging with the vacuum sealer bag thing can't be beat - I literally was able to get every last drop of this out with ease! It's a definite home run for me -and makes me want to try the other REN cleansers when, surely in the summer, this may be too heavy for me. Only other reason I'd ever stray from this cleanser is that it is rather pricey. I paid $32 at Sephora and with using one pump twice per day, it lasted me about 2.5 months. Not too shabby, but not exactly frugal-chic either.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2010 2:45:00 PM More reviews by svedija

i really like this face wash, as it leaves the face really fresh looking and does not trip the skin. i do not wear a lot of makeup , but it cleanses pretty well, also i found it calming for my irritated skin.good product!it contains shea butter, hyaluronic acid and rose hip oil , which all are fantastic ingredients and it really hard to get in one product.it is definitely worth the price and it lasts quite a long time.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/13/2010 8:35:00 PM More reviews by ELPrecord

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Like another reviewer..I also don't feel this item cleans my face entirely. I have used Aubrey Organics cleansing lotions for many years ..so I'm used to dealing with a lotion cleanser. This Milk Wash feels like it leaves a residue..even when you don't have makeup on. =( It has not caused breakouts or anything..it's not bad but has not done anything at all. It's too pricey for the result you get.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2010 3:22:00 PM More reviews by Katie80

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this. It's perfect if you have dry sky and like a creamy moisturizing cleanser. I use eye makeup remover pads, so I don't worry about it removing my eye makeup.
I just bought this for the second time.
The packaging is awesome and there's a lot of product in there. Great for travel, too.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2009 8:30:00 AM More reviews by infinitygirl6

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Really like REN products, this, like all their other products, smells fab, packaged well and is kind to the skin. It is not however kind to the eyes. Removing eye make up with this is a no no as it stings like hell. For this reason (and the fact it doesn't really go a long way) I wont be buying again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2009 11:42:00 AM More reviews by Nowheregirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I use this on very dry days when my skin needs more moisture. I alternate it with the Mayblossom cleanser for combination skin. I apply it on dry skin and rinse off. It makes my face feel flexible and comfortable. And it smells heavenly, like all Ren products that I've tried.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2008 10:56:00 PM More reviews by BCL

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i have sensitive ultra dry skin. this cleanser leaves my skin clean and moisturized.. my skin is so much more comfortable since using this and dr hauschka rose day cream. i absolutely love the ren dispensers. i am generally lazy so i love being able to just leave these out with the tops off and just grab a pump when needed. no pouring or messing with caps. i also love the rose body wash but that is so ridiculously expensive most people wouldn't want to use it. i am so sensitive and dry that i begrudgingly continue because it has really helped. the cleansing milk is very reasonable in my opinion. only takes a pump.. i use their eye makeup remover but i think this takes it off really well too.. i just keep this in the shower and it's a great double tasker for me.