December 22, 2014 | 855 users online

Shampoo - Alberto Vo5 - shampoo for normal hair

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2013 1:02:00 AM More reviews by sundevilblonde

I purchased this shampoo solely because it's the ONLY shampoo my late grandmother would use and I was feeling nostalgic. I am so happy I did... I really needed a good clean as my hair was so weighed down from all the oils, conditioners and sprays I use in my hair. Not only do I love the smell of this (very clean, simple) but I've never felt such a clean feeling in my hair before! It was squeaky clean. Did feel a bit dry and tangled but I just used some conditioner and it was fine. Blow dried and styled my hair as usual and my hair has more volume, isn't weighed down, is soft & shiny. My grandma was onto something with this stuff! Everyone should use this at least once a week to clean away all the gunk and remind themselves how beautiful their hair can be without the need for all the pizzazz, just a classic tried and true shampoo.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2012 12:44:00 PM More reviews by CyborgAnnie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use this shampoo as a base. I add about 8 drops of an oil blend into this in the palm of my hand for a wonderful creamy clean shampoo. Leaves my hair clean and smooth and brings my waves out. I've used higher priced shampoos that are no match for this shampoo and oil blend. Try it, it's a very affordable test run.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2012 11:49:00 AM More reviews by cindy007

This review is for using this shampoo as a bodywash, as I did not care for it as a hair shampoo, but is smelled way too good to throw out. It works great, smells incredible, as a bodywash. It will not dry out your skin, and bubbles up good. Its somewhere between a soap and a bodywash as far as moisturizing goes. I actually found it a lot less irritating than regular bodywash because those are just waay too fragranced, whereas this is just right. I also am going to start using this shampoo instead of woolite to wash delicates. As I said, not really caring for it as a shampoo, but will continue to purchase as a bodywash.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2012 10:59:00 AM More reviews by moongrrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Remember what clean hair used to smell like? Not fruity or tropical or overly sweet, but airy, fresh, and a little flowery. V05's normal shampoo is one of the few on the market that captures the clean hair scent of my childhood. It's too harsh for daily use, but for days when I feel like I need a deep clean, it's perfection. Need I even mention it's dirt cheap and often on sale?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2011 8:50:00 PM More reviews by MsLove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

It costs $1. I don't even think McDonald's has a $1 menu anymore. It has sulfates, which removes cones, so you may or may not like depending on your hair regimen. That said, it is a FABULOUS shampoo for the cost. Keep it in perspective. Cleans very well, over the long term, made my hair very shiny and I had to use less to cleanse over time. I have mixed this shampoo with other conditioners, and it always performs the same. Removes buildup, gets hair squeaky clean without over drying or causing breakage. Smells very fresh and basic. I highly recommend and will definitely keep in my rotation for cleansing. I love the performance of VO5 shampoos and conditioners - it is always consistent, doesn't damage fine hair over time, and is basic with no frills. And you can find them at every drugstore/grocery store/walmart/target/etc. in just about every U.S. city. For $1.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2010 11:09:00 PM More reviews by xDOLLFACEx

Best shampoo for shaving! Allows you to get a very close and soft shave.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/16/2009 3:25:00 PM More reviews by WebbyGale

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have curly, frizzy and very tangled hair and this did not help at all. The smell is great and deep cleans but it made my hair so dry and tangled. Price is great, only $1.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/2/2009 12:16:00 PM More reviews by 8024debbie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the smell of this shampoo, but it's not good for curly hair. It dries and tangles your hair so much that you have to use twice as much conditioner.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2009 12:36:00 PM More reviews by Thugluvgrl187

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This stuff dries out my hair terribly and it also gives me dandruff. So would I use it again? Definintely NOT!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2008 5:57:00 PM More reviews by honeyangel77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Way too harsh for my color treated fine thick hair. It strips color, leaves my roots feeling oily, even after washing twice in each shower. I dunno, I just aint liking it. I prefer suave for normal hair, or suave for clarifying. Just as cheap, but more effective and gentle. I have generally found that vo5 products are not good for ultra long hair (waist length or longer). My mom uses it on her above shoulder length color treated hair and has no issues other than her color fading quickly. I'll go back to suave for ultra cheap super cleaning.