Juice Beauty Sheer spf 30 Moisturizer

2.9

Not tested on animals

Active Ingredient: titanium dioxide 10% Inactive Ingredients: Organic juices of pyrus malus (organic apple juice)*, vitis vinifera (organic white grape juice)*, punica granatum (organic pomegranate juice)*, aloe barbadensis (organic aloe leaf juice)*, cucumis sativus (organic cucumber extract)*, camellia sinensis (green tea leaf extract), vegetable glycerin, glyceryl stearate, helianthus annuus (organic sunflower seed oil)*, cetyl alcohol, stearyl alcohol, caprylic/capric triglyceride, tocopherol acetate (Vitamin E), sodium PCA, hyaluronic acid, phospholipids, panthenol (Vitamin B5), allantoin, cera alba (organic beeswax)*, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate (Vitamin C), iron oxides, benzyl alcohol, phenoxyethanol, ethylhexylglycerin, citrus aurantium (petitgrain), cinnamomum camphora (ho wood) and citrus reticulata (mandarin) pure essential oils *certified organic by a USDA approved agency

on 4/28/2015 12:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I really like the Juice Beauty oil-free moisturizer. I ended up buying this one by accident when I ordered it off Amazon. The packaging is the same: a fairly traditional squeeze tube of lotion. Unfortunately, the moisturizer with SPF is anything but sheer. It is thick and white and very hard to rub into your skin. I tend to mix a bit of the oil free moisturizer with it just to make it easier to apply.

I use this product in the summer months, when I spend a considerable amount of time outdoors and when I run in the sun. I have never spent a day on the beach to truly test the protection this offers, but it has served its purpose for the daylight activities I need it for.

It does wear white, so I always use a tinted moisturizer or foundation over it if I am going to be out of the house.

Despite it's shortcomings, this is still the best cruelty-free SPF moisturizer I have found that wears well and does not break me out.

on 4/4/2012 2:39:00 PM

I have really sensitive skin and Juice Beauty's Sheer SPF 30 Moisturizer is the only sunscreen I can use that doesn't irritate my skin! I love how it is chemical free and doesn't have the nasty sunscreen smell! It feels really good on my skin and works great!

on 8/26/2010 5:56:00 PM

I totally love this product!!! It feels so light on my skin and prevents me from getting sunburned! I read a review that said it goes on white but this does not happen if you apply a little at a time and rub in all the way like i do! When i want a little coverage on my skin i use the SPF 30 Mineral Light Moisturizer to make my skin look flawless without looking like i caked on makeup! Give it a try- it's totally fabulous!

on 8/5/2010 6:19:00 PM

I was sorry to read so many negative comments about this product. Maybe you're all using way too much of it and therefore it makes you look "chalky white" I have tried this one and the light tint one that Juice Beauty carries and I love it. Not only because it feels great on my skin but also because the ingredients in it are good for my skin. For those of you who think that it make you look "white," try the tinted ones...

on 8/5/2010 3:06:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

i have looked long and hard for an oil free moisturizer with an spf of 30 or higher. there are not too many out there. i had been using peter thomas roth, which i love, but recently i'd begun looking for one that was organic/natural AND affordable, so i decided to try this one. i like it after it soaks into my skin, but it takes awhile to soak in and is very greasy at first. i have combination skin, but do not usually get too greasy midday, after makeup application. however, with this, i do. i have to reapply my powder-foundation 1-2 more times in a day. with PTR i never had to. i really wanted to like this, but i think i'll have to try something else when my tube is empty.

on 2/13/2010 11:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I know there are alot of negative reviews for this product but it is working for me. I am using it with clinique dramaticaly different moisturizer lotion( I know what people say about mineral oil but I checked and it's actually does not clog pores) and benzaclin. I just started using benzaclin and wanted a physical block sunscreen with no sulfates/parabens/bad stuff. Chemical-avobenzone and such sunscreens make my face turn red and burn- I have also read they lose their effectiveness when combined with certain mineral makeup and can degrage and lose it protection power. Benzaclin can be very drying so I am really enjoying the extra moisture this sunscreen provides. While people did complain it was greasy I use it with mineral makeup (BE) and get a good result with a foundation and translucent top layer, it looks like I used primer with it but didn't. I use a small amount-pea size to dime and then don't rub it in all over right away but pat it over my face/neck and then rub smaller sections so I don't tug my skin too much. I let it sit for around 15-20 minutes and then do my makeup after. I have a little shine on my forehead and nose but would rather have a little shine than a lotta harsh chemicals. It did take a couple tries to figure out how much to use and if I needed a regular moisturizer with. Sometimes I am not happy when I first use a product but just need to change up how I apply or how much/in what order I apply to make it look pretty under makeup. With practice I found this combo works for me.

on 1/21/2010 6:50:00 PM

I'm a big fan of natural products, but this one was a big, big no-no. It clogged my pores and left a white-shiny mask. It was pretty gross. I will not buy again.

on 9/18/2009 3:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this stuff, ingredients, it's not greasy on me everything but sadly I won't repurchase because it's not broadspectrum.

on 9/13/2009 12:56:00 PM

This is similar to MyChelle in feel, not as good as Boscia, but has more beneficial ingredients. I'm switching to this brand for barrier sunscreen since I really am looking for a sunblock with benefits. Yes. It is greasy when you apply enough for benefit, but I then apply a powder and it calms the effect. I have light skin, plus with the powder, it does not make me look ghostly, but I am tempted by their medium or light tinted version which has gotten better reviews.

on 6/15/2009 5:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I'm giving this stuff 2 lippies for being relatively chemical free (i say relatively), and for being in a glass bottle, which I prefer to plastic (for both eco and health reasons).

Having said that, this stuff made me look chalky white, was extremely greasy, and made me break out. fyi: my skin is very acne-prone, and my complexion is quite pale (but I still looked ghost-like in this stuff).

I prefer Key sunblock, which is very highly rated on the Skin Deep Cosmetic Safety Database.

Popular Moisturizers