October 30, 2014 | 1328 users online

Polishes - Boots - No7 Stay Perfect Nail Colour

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2014 9:33:00 PM More reviews by hoangrl

i picked up a bunch of these everytime i get those boots 5pound vouchers. Im from OZ so i stock up when i go to London :P I think Boots nail polish is really good. Formula is nice and opaque, doesn't leave a streak finish and what i like about it the most is the fact it doesnt chip easily. My only gripe is the brush. Its a bit too bid and wide and its hard paint my pinky or fix little spots. I like the packaging and the colours are true to what you see in the bottle. If Boots was in OZ i would be all over these!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/15/2013 8:06:00 AM More reviews by Mummykel25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I got a set for Christmas and the colours I got are lovely, I use them a lot and they have great staying power they don't chip and come off easily. I've had them 9 months now I don't know how long nail varnishes generally last but I went to put one on a few weeks age and they had gone all tacky and horrible to apply, I noticed a few had started to go off colour aswell so I'm not to happy. I went in to boots to buy the one I favoured out of the set and couldn't find it so I'm not sure if they still make it but I have to say every time I go to the no7 counter the prices seem to have gone up!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/3/2013 12:40:00 PM More reviews by YCH

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Well, like most people I picked these up when I had vouchers to spend. I got Peachy Keen (a sort of salmon pink) and Devils Delight (bright red).
Have only tried the lighter one so far, but was very disappointed - the bottle has such a narrow top that it is hard to wipe off excess polish and the polish itself is more like thin paint - hard to get good coverage and not very shiny at all. Just about OK with a couple of coats of clear on top, but very disappointing - hope the red may be better, will report back if it is.
Edited to review the red (and add an extra star) which is definitely a lot better than the pink. It gives much better coverage and is usable (the pink was binned) but a bit of a basic colour (cherry red) with no shimmer or depth to it. Won't buy any more from this line.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2013 11:59:00 PM More reviews by blooiejagwa

I love these. Got a bunch as a gift and Salsa is my fave. These last well and the colours are so nice. I'm not a nailpolish person, but I would definitely buy these after running out, of Salsa especially.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2012 9:22:00 AM More reviews by jayavr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Like other, I bought this using the 5 off voucher. The colours are beautiful and very richly pigmented. The brush is a nice shape that makes application very easy. I normally need 3 coats to get the colour looking perfect. Lasts a long time too!

I probably wouldn't buy these at full price though, because you can basically buy OPI at the same price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2012 3:39:00 AM More reviews by ChristinaMarieT

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

So, forewarning, if you decide to try this out, know that it's overpriced. It's 7.00 for each individual nail polish. Yes, 7.00 for a 10 ml nail polish. Yikes, indeed. Fortunately, Boots does offer vouchers that take off 5.00, so you can get this for a steal at 2.00. Really, I've only purchased the polishes when I've had the vouchers. In my opinion, no nail polish is worth that crazy amount of money. So I really don't recommend getting it at full price, but if you have the money to spare and you want to, go ahead -- this is a good nail polish, after all.

The colors are exactly what they look like on the bottle, so there is no disappointment in the shade being lighter or darker. It's very pigmented, so it's not just a runny liquid with sparse color. I find the brushes to be great; They're not hard to use and they angle perfectly to coat a nail. They don't chip easily or quickly. Seriously, I can put my hands through hell and back and the nails will still look all pretty and colorful. Plus, the packaging makes it all fancy looking, and that's a nice touch. Honestly, the quality does do justice for the price.

I can't find any huge negative other than the cost. I love these nail polishes, and will continue to buy them whenever there's a voucher available.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/10/2012 5:38:00 PM More reviews by AmieJean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Like many other people I only buy these polishes when they are on offer with the 5 voucher, also I work for Boots so receive staff discount bringing these polishes down to just 42p, but after persevering with my favourite shades (salsa and sing the blues) I have finally given up with these polishes. They chip pretty much instantly even with the no7 top coat.
It's a shame as they're such lovely colours but I honestly cannot be bothered to be doing constant touch ups on my nails.
To all Boots customers, I'd recommend spending your 5 on other no7 products and avoid the polishes, they may be beautiful colours but they just don't last, and this is coming from a Boots employee who wouldn't even pay 42p for another bottle. Don't waste your money.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2012 5:34:00 PM More reviews by Willow92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this in Vivid Violet, part of a gift set, and Dollar, which I bought for 2 with the 5 off voucher. I'm in love with Dollar! It gives pretty good coverage after 2 coats and is a gorgeous, dark, shimmery, greeny bluey colour. Vivid Violet is a gorgeous colour in and out the bottle but it's pretty thin so you have to have 3 coats on to get rid of most patches. It's a really bright, shimmery violet. I would buy Dollar again but I'm not so sure about Vivid Violet, though I wouldn't hesitate if the consistency was thicker!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/8/2012 7:42:00 AM More reviews by AnnaBean

I have a love-hate relationship with these nail polishes. I have it in 5 shades, 4 of which have the old-style brush and formula, with which I was perfectly happy. The fifth bottle, however, incorporates their new formula and new flat, wide, curved brush. I can't stand either. The colour in question is "Blackberry" and while it is a gorgeous colour, the formula is thin yet still manages to be gloopy, it applies very patchily and is prone to lifting up on subsequent coats, requiring four coats in some instances (compared to my bottle of "Totally Teal" - old formula and brush - which, with a little effort, can be perfect in one coat). The brush, while I can see what they were thinking, is just a failiure for me personally. It is wider than some of my nail beds and not thus impossible to to use without jacking everything right up. I also don't like the fact that, while the brush itself is flat, the handle is shaped, and the brush is never positioned to line up with the the handle (if that makes sense), resulting in having to hold the handle very cack-handedly in order to line the flat edge of the brush up with the nail.

I can't vouch for wear time as I change my nail colour every day.

I would buy this again as there are some chades I just don't want to be without, but thanks to the formula and brush change, I will do so begrudgingly.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/28/2011 6:50:00 AM More reviews by poof126

Only got this because I had a 5 voucher, definitely not worth the original 7 price tag. In fact, if I had another 5 voucher I wouldn't spend 2 again for this, not even worth that price.
Only nice thing I can say about this (Night Silver 62) is the colour. This polish chips like crazy! Even after 3 coats, it can barely last a day without chipping. With a top coat on, it just barely scrapes through about 3 days. After a week, literally only half of it is left.
I'd rather spend my money on Barry M polishes