Joico K-Pak Reconstruct Shampoo for Dry or Damaged Hair

3.8

Deionized Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamide MEA, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Chloride, PEG-3 Distearate, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Hydrolyzed Human Hair Keratin (Quadramine Complex), Laurdimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Human Hair Keratin, Hydrolyzed Keratin PG-Propyl Methylsilanediol, Thioctic Acid, Psidium Guajava Fruit Extract, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Aleurites Moluccana Seed Oil, Glycolipids, Allantoin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Butyl Methoxy Dibenzoylmethane, Benzophenone-4, Hyaluronic Acid, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Sodium Sulfate, Trisodium Sulfosuccinate, Disodium EDTA, Glycerin, Cetrimonium Chloride, Citric Acid, Triethylammonium Chloride, Trideceth-3, Trideceth-6, Laureth-3, Propoxy Tetramethyl Piperidinyl, Dimethicone, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Methylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum).

The first time I used this I thought to myself that I may have potentially found my HG shampoo but then I woke up the next morning to a massive breakout on my face and back! I refused to believe it but through trial and error it was confirmed.. as much as it was doing wonderful things to my hair, horrible skin in return is not a compromise I'm willing to make..onto the next!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love Joico, it's my favorite salon brand, but for the price, the k-pak formulas could perform better. It smells really good, but misses the mark. I seem to have more hair than normal going down with drain when rinsing. Not good. =/ Overall, I absolutley love this brand but the k-pak is only for very damaged hair, I didn't notice any improvement with mine and mine isn't overly damaged, just heat styled and color treated. I'll stick with the color and moisture lines, those are beyond amazing!!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Bought the shampoo with the conditioner on sale for $20 CDN.
It did nothing to my hair... it stayed dry and split-ended :(

on 3/28/2015 5:42:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Like another said, it does not lather up as much as some, however it is excellent for my baby-fine dry hair. Used with the Conditioner they leave my hair soft and smooth. I alternate with Redken Diamond oil Shampoo and Conditioner (also excellent). I took one point off because I have to use a little more of this product to get a good lather for my long hair.

on 3/26/2015 8:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I like this shampoo, though I do not find it mind blowing. Maybe it's because I really love a good lather and this does not deliver on that end. It does, however, give me really good hair days and since how it looks and feels when it's dry and styled is more important than how it feels while shampooing I will continue to use it and probably repurchase. I also love the scent. It's like sweet pineapples.
***I feel the same about the conditionioner...I don't love it while it's on my hair, but after rinsing my hair feels smooth, is easy to style and looks very nice.
****Update on this one...after a week of use, my hair just began to go limp and look clumpy. I've switched to something else.

on 3/18/2015 11:08:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I tried this shampoo and the accompanying conditioner for about 2-3 months. It never really did much for my thin and dry hair. The shampoo wasn't too bad but it wasn't anything special. I really hated the conditioner. I'm used to drugstore conditioners and was really surprised at how runny the conditioner it was. I had to use a LOT to fully condition my hair. I also noticed quite a bit of hair falling out since using this shampoo and conditioner, so I'm definitely not going to repurchase.
Going to try some Costco shampoo, heard they have some good ones for a lot cheaper.

on 3/17/2015 1:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I think people don't really understand this product or how to use it. There is a way to tell if your hair needs moisture or protein..if you over flow it with the other when you need the opposite, things won't turn out well. Here's how you do it(credit to: kinkycurlycoilyme):
"To do the strand test, take one of your ‘shed’ hairs and wet it. (Note, the difference between a ‘shed’ hair and a hair that has broken off is the ‘shed’ hair will have a little white bulb on the end)

While holding each end of the hair and stretching it:

-If the hair stretches slightly and returns to its original length without breaking, you are balanced.

-If the hair stretches and continues to stretch or stretches a little more than it should and then breaks (snaps), then you need more protein in your regimen.

-If the hair has very little to no stretch to it and instantly breaks(snaps), then you need more moisture in your regime.

Now, other than conducting the strand test, you can also tell by how your hair feels.

-While wet, if your hair feels weak, gummy, very stringy, or limp, you need protein.

-While dry, if your hair feels hard, dry, tangly, brittle, weak or any combination, you need moisture"

If you give your hair protein when it needs moisture, it will clearly end up drier and tougher. It appears more damaged. That's called over flowing the protein!!! If you give it when it NEEDS it(say after a bleach when your hair is gummy as hell, or after color oops) your hair will be glorious. I fry my hair every few weeks from bleaching. There's no avoiding it. This stuff starts off making my hair look frizzy when it's drying, but when it DOES dry completely it is smooth and makes my hair gorgeous. If you want moisture, try the Moisture Recovery shampoo or a deep conditioner.

on 3/16/2015 5:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The joico shampoos dry out my hair. I don't use them. My hair is colored and needs more moisture-nothing worse than dried out hair.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

An Ulta SA suggested I tried this since I have dry and thick hair.
I have thick, dry, and natural brunette hair and I had high hopes for this shampoo, but it made my hair very tangled, matted, and DRY.
The solution was worse than the problem! :(
I think I read somewhere that this shampoo has proteins?

on 12/24/2014 11:22:00 AM

Nice shampoo that lathers pretty well!

I love the smell of it! it's like bananas/pineapple mix haha

Didn't strip my hair