April 24, 2014 | 1833 users online

Skincare - Jack Black - Double Duty Moisturizer SPF 20

rated 1 of 5 on 8/22/2013 8:01:00 PM More reviews by jacquelineo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I recieved this sample from Sephora using my points. I would not ever purchase this because it smells just like Nair Hair Removal. Not a scent I would want on my face every day

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2013 12:11:00 AM More reviews by betteefelon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really loved this product, despite its marginally too-low SPF, because it absorbs so quickly and leaves my skin feeling so nice. But I recently read an article on the Future Derm blog (maintained by a dermatology med student) about how the two sunscreen ingredients in this product (avobenzone and octinoxate) actually work against each other in terms of effectiveness. In other words, it's not a very stable sunscreen. For that reason, it's getting retired from my rotation. I hope they reformulate to keep the SPF more stable/effective, because otherwise it's really great.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2012 12:25:00 AM More reviews by JayLammMD

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I use this in the morning as my first moisturizer. It brightenes my skin tone and have never broken me out. It's not heavy. So sometimes I have to use another moisturizer after this has kind of sunk in to my skin. (but I also live in the freakin dry deserts of UT).
I just notice if I try to skin this step my skin doesn't look quite as young and glowing. So yes I will continue to pay the Jack Black high price for this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2012 6:06:00 PM More reviews by angi8488

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

This product was originally bought for my husband who is a very pale redhead and whose skin reacts to everything. He really liked it and when my facial moisturizer ran out I decided to borrow his for awhile. This stuff is great. Skin feels comfortable after use, does not leave a white cast or break me out, and has sun protection. It also doesn't seem to increase any oil production in my t-zone, which has been a problem with past moisturizers for me. The price is a bit high but for the quality of the product I think it is worth it and we will definitely be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2012 12:19:00 PM More reviews by ImYourFavoriteDrug

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

This product blew me away. I have pretty sensitive combination skin, and before this, I was using 100% Pure Pomegranate moistuizer. It was pretty good, but it didn't give my skin quite enough moisture and didn't sink in as fast. This moisturizer sinks in fast, wears beautifully under makeup, provides good skin protection, and isn't ridiculously expensive. Jack Black continues to impress me with their products. It is moisturizing enough to use in the winter, but light enough to use in the summer.

UPDATE 2/20: Been using for two weeks now. Still loving it. It is the fastest absorbing moisturizer I have ever tried. Also seems to be improving the texture of my skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2011 11:39:00 PM More reviews by Zaiynab

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I haven't bought this product but I would like to! I tried it out at Sephora. It's very light and easy to rub in, not a strong scent, doesn't make my face red (only a little at first). Haven't used it enough to see if it affects my acne, but so far I love it. =)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2011 8:48:00 AM More reviews by callire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have dry skin, so I apply this every morning and give it a few minutes to sink in before I put on my makeup. The scent is quite nice, not too overpowering, but it's difficult to describe. The packaging is EXCELLENT! The little pump bottle is perfect for this type of product and I typically use 4-5 pumps every morning. I just slather this stuff on since the daily recommended amount of sunscreen for your face is 1 tablespoon (!!) and let it sink in.

I originally bought this because it's a fairly good value for the money and works out to be relatively inexpensive per ounce (compared to other HE brands). It goes on well under makeup, but I never wear very heavy foundation, so I'm not sure how well it works for those who want heavier coverage.

Overall, while this is a great product, I doubt that I'll buy it again. I'd rather just spend the difference and get a Shiseido bottle instead. If they made this with higher SPF, I might consider making this a staple, but I'm concerned that SPF 20 isn't enough.

Edit: I decided that I was being too hard on this product. I changed my 4 lippie to a 5 lippie and said that I would buy it again because I really do think this is an excellent product. It doesn't have enough SPF in it to make it my HG sunscreen, but I do think it's very nice and could be an HG product for someone a little less SPF obsessed than me.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/22/2011 8:43:00 PM More reviews by k13ut1p

It's light and absorbs very well; however, I've noticed that its been causing small red simples on the apples of my cheeks, temple, and chin. For a while I thought it was stress and the construction dust in the area around my apartment, but I've never developed small pimples (especially so many!) like this, in these areas before. I really wanted it to work because it was 20spf and light, but this product just didn't work for me, I will be giving it to my boyfriend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2009 9:18:00 AM More reviews by VictrixObsequens

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I got a sample of this in the Sephora sun care kit. I know it's targeted for men but I really like this one a lot. It is not greasy and sinks in and I really like that it has spf in it. I wear it alone and with makeup on. It's pretty pricey so on that alone I'm not sure if I'll get it again, but it's definitely a good quality product.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2009 5:40:00 PM More reviews by bri123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this Double duty moisturuzer!! It is light and I won't leave the house without applying this to my face. I have sensitive skin and it doesn't cause me to break out. It is so great!! I is the only moisturizer I will use on my face!!