October 2, 2014 | 1811 users online

Hair Color - Clairol - Nice 'n Easy - Root Touch Up

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2014 8:27:00 PM More reviews by jedipeach

I've been using this product for some time now, along with other brands. They all work well with me. I have been coloring my hair since my late 20's because I started getting gray early. I am now 44. It is true that they don't give you enough product, but what I do is I actually combine the hair color with hair conditioner. I pour the hair dye into my own cup,mix, add favorite conditioner and mix well. This gives me more than enough for my entire new hair growth and then some. I do leave it on a little longer because of my strong resistant gray and the results are just as good. I've been advised by professionals not to do this, but I've been doing this for years and the results work fine. Just putting in my 2 cents on how I penny pinch with a tight budget. (-: hope it works for you too!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2014 12:06:00 AM More reviews by der557

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using Clairol Root Touch up for a few years. I think it works great. I only leave on for 15 minutes, I have long, thick hair, and I have more than enough product for my roots. I usually use when my roots are showing about 1 inch. I use all over roots down my part and hairline around face. Then I go over it all and do it again, because I have so much left over. It has always matched perfectly (Natural Medium Brown), and cover my grays. I think it is a great deal, I pay $110 for a color at my salon, I only go there 2 times a year. I use root touch up the rest of the year.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2014 7:38:00 PM More reviews by jennymps

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Very easy, works well and if you leave it on for up to 45 minutes, pulling it through the last 5, you have great results. I have fine hair and this has been a lifesaver for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2014 1:46:00 PM More reviews by 3

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

this is the perfect product! I use to hide my new re growth and grays just on top along my part and around temples. It so easy and only ten minutes... rinse and then I use a deep conditioner on all my hair and it's done, Love this stuff so much! Hope the never quit making it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2014 8:31:00 PM More reviews by EmiliaZ

I was very surprised with the results of what this tiny tube of colour did for me. I have a lot of hair. I bought the extra light blonde version to match my salon highlighted hair, and left it on for 25 min. It looks great! This will definitely get me to my next appointment and save me some time and money. Very happy with it, I just wish I had purchased two packages...or that the product came with more. I will definitely make this part of my in-between-salon routine.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2014 8:42:00 AM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Absolute rubbish - the only good thing is the brush applicator. For the paltry amount you get, this is very poor value for money. I could barely touch-up half of my approx. half cm roots and I have less than 20% grey. The directions tell you to leave it on for 15 mins if your greys are resistant, so I did. I bought the dark brown and my greys were ginger after using this. UPDATE: despite colouring my roots TWICE since using this product using Nice n' Easy (24 washes) and Recital Preference, the areas of my hair that I used this stuff on still looks 'hot' - several shades lighter than the rest of my hair. It is very noticeable and I'm really upset. If you have dark brown hair avoid this stuff.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2014 1:57:00 AM More reviews by AngelaStalker

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I get highlights + root touch up about every 3 months, but paying over 60 dollars JUST for a root touch up got annyoying. I decided to try medium golden blonde, it isn't a 100% match, but it will do me until my next salon visit. I have different shades of blonce highlights, so it really isn't noticiable that it isn't a 100% match.

I wish I decided to do my roots sooner with this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2014 10:30:00 PM More reviews by spiguest

This is the best $5 dollars that I've ever spent. My grey roots were showing and I am so busy that I just don't have the time to go to the salon every month. Also, I find having a complete dye of the head when it's just the roots that are showing isn't the best for the hair. As well, the cost of a salon touch up is almost $100 - so I'm not sure why others on this review board are complaining about a $5 price. To me this is a deal!! It's convenient, easy to use, and cheap.
I now use the touch up once a month and will now go to the salon for the complete dye every 6 months instead. It's a win win for me all around because it saves time, money, and saves my hair from being exposed unnecessarily to chemicals.
Highly highly recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2014 10:02:00 PM More reviews by brucelegs

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Desperate for a touch since sine I had to reschedule my cut/color appt to a week later, I grabbed this while at the grocery stores. I came home and read a few reviews here on MUA. Now informed, I knew to leave this on beyond the 10 minute direction. I mixed it up, carefully applied to my icky roots and relaxed for about 25 minutes. After a rinse, light shampoo all I can say is WOW ! - best $5 I've spent - the color blended perfect with my salon Aveda red color. I plan on keeping a box on hand for just-in-case

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2013 4:00:00 PM More reviews by TheBoev

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I have used this product for years. I use their all-over hair color first, then 4 weeks later I use this root touch up. I have LOTS of gray hair and this truly does the trick at coverage. I do leave it on over 30 minutes as my gray hair is stubborn. I have never had a bad experience with it. For $5 my hair looks like a salon dye job, shiny, silky and not damaged at all. When I have to color my hair so often, this saves my wallet TONS. This paired with their all-over color is my HG for haircolor!