April 16, 2014 | 1983 users online

Cleansers - Mary Kay - TimeWise 3-in-1 cleanser N/D

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2014 6:12:00 AM More reviews by beccaw

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Used cetaphil for years and it became too drying as I got a little older. Finding that this is much less drying and much more soothing to my skin. It is advertised as having scrubbing beads in it. Seriously, that's a bunch of gimmicky baloney. There aren't enough beads in this to exfoliate even the most delicate of skin. It comes in a tube which I just love. This is just a gentle cream cleanser. I would continue using if I could buy online without having to go through a rep who only orders once in awhile due to needing to purchase $200 at a time in order to place an order. Mary Kay needs to stop their ridiculous treatment of their reps. Sorry for the rant, but when my rep explained to me why she can't place orders whenever a customer wants something I thought it was silly. This company has some other rather shady practices regarding their reps too. So I will keep looking for a comparable cleanser....

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2013 6:00:00 PM More reviews by Phoenix761

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This review is for the combo/oily skin formula. I have used both formulas and this one comes in a tube and is a clear gel. It is not too thick or too runny. It lathered up pretty well in my opinion. The lather is not too much. In other words you know you are not getting an excessive amount of lather creating, yet drying, detergents. I used this to wash my face after removing my makeup with the dry skin version of this product.

It cleanses very well without stripping the skin. The only issue I had with this cleanser was that it did not rinse away as well as I would have liked. Residue on my skin can cause major eruptions, so I had to use a toner afterwards. I use toner regularly anyway, but this residue was somewhat sticky on my combo/oily skin.

I love Mary Kay skincare, and basically, this is a good product. However, if I were to tweak this cleanser, the end result would be The Body Shop's Seaweed foaming gel cleanser. It gives good lather, cleanses thoroughly without drying, and it leaves zero residue.

Just thought I'd throw that in there. I love Mary Kay!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2013 4:31:00 PM More reviews by ejtanner

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This cleanser (the 3 in 1 for combination/oily skin) is all I have used for the past 2 years. I love it. It keeps my skin clear and healthy looking. After I started using it, along with the moisturizer, I had so many compliments. Everyone said I had a "glow". I love how it lathers up and also, the fact that it has the beads to lightly exfoliate my skin. It's perfect, especially for a busy woman who wants it all done in one step.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2013 6:57:00 PM More reviews by bhindhazeleyez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was NOT impressed with this cleanser! I have dry skin and I hoped this cleanser would work well for me, but I feel that it leaves my skin even drier :( I also do not feel that it cleans my skin well enough. When I follow-up with my toner, I still have a lot of makeup residue. It supposedly has antiaging properties, but I would rather use skin products that stay on my skin like moisturizer, rather than an expensive cleanser (that doesn't work!) that washes down the drain! For the price, there are much better cleansers from the drugstore for dry skin that hydrate my skin better and actually clean my face.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/22/2013 2:43:00 AM More reviews by Chicwolves

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My mom gave me a travel size tube of this, my skin is somewhat dry and I love how it didn't leave it feeling dry, but then again this is supposed to be a cleanser and it just
didn't clean my face at all.. As I was patting my face dry with a white towel after using this product, makeup residue was left behind so I used a different cleanser afterwards and I still removed a lot of makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2013 7:57:00 PM More reviews by Ebecks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have always looked past Mary Kay but this cleanser has me loving the timewise line. This cleanser doesn't lather but it cleans so well! It also doesn't dry my skin out. My skin can be extremely dry and sensitive because of eczema then I get break outs too so finding skin care is hard, this is a keeper!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/10/2013 6:55:00 PM More reviews by andreaboo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I started using the timewise products for normal to dry skin. This cleanser makes my face feel very soft and it's easier to apply my foundation on afterwards.
I used to use this every morning before getting ready for the day. I discontinued my usage because I'm unhappy with the parabens and other not-so-good ingredients which I didn't realize were in it when I purchased. I personally don't think it's worth it, there are other great cream cleansers with better ingredients.

Also, I found that having to use a wash cloth to remove this cleanser, my skin turned red in some areas (chin, nose, forehead) and it stayed that way for a few months. It wasn't burnt or rosacea, it actually just discolored my face. I guess using a wash cloth was just too much for my sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2012 7:48:00 PM More reviews by MiaBella0517

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using MK for 22 years on & off and always come back to it. It has kept the wrinkles away. 39 this month & don't even have crows feet, how fabulous is that. My dermatoligist says I am lucky to have oily skin because it does not wrinkle like normal or dry skin. I use the formula for normal to dry skin cuz its so creamy & the one for oily skin was too drying & left my skin feeling tight & I don't like that feeling. That's what Purity cleanser by Philosophy does to my skin, makes it feel tight so I cleanse again with MK. I always look on Craigslist for consultants selling off their inventory because their going out of business & but my cleanser that way so I get it for $10 bucks or less, sometimes if they have a lot & I buy it all I end up getting it for $5.00 a bottle. It's incredible. I get everything from Craigslist, check it out there. But no matter what you pay, this stuff is awesome!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/4/2012 2:00:00 PM More reviews by Inotion07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this product as I always read positive reviews, but I did not like this at all. I feel as though it did not clean my skin well enough, and it would break me out into a spotty rash. Do not recommend.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/1/2012 11:55:00 PM More reviews by marciap81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This cleanser does nothing to exfoliate. The beads just swish around the skin but serve no purpose. Now it DOES lather well.. it does feel a bit greasy even using the combo oily formula but its not oil based. I don't care for this cleanser either way. I'm neutral on it.