December 21, 2014 | 951 users online

Moisturizers - Neutrogena - Advanced Solutions Daily Moisturizer, SPF 15

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2010 9:06:00 PM More reviews by angelamdai

This product is not up to par. On a summer day about an hour after putting this on it gets oily and greasy on my skin. If I put makeup over it, it makes my makeup look super greasy. Would not recommend if you have combo/oily more oily skin, especially during the summer. For reference I have Asian Combo/Oily Sensitive skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2007 6:27:00 PM More reviews by JooYeon

I purchased this with the nightly renewal cream because it was on clearance for $6 each at local CVS. I haven't seen any difference on my face (granted I've only been using it for a month now and it says you'll see results after 12 weeks of use), and it was too heavy for my face. my face gets oily within a few hours of putting it on (I have combo skin). I'm glad I didn't have to pay a full price on this one.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/3/2006 3:26:00 PM More reviews by engk916

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this product did nothing for my dry, sensitive skin. not only did it have an odd sour smell, it stung my face and made it itch. for $23 i can get something a lot better like oil of olay that actually works.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2006 8:11:00 PM More reviews by my3sons5

Wow, I wasn't expecting to really like this product, but I really, really do!! My first tube is almost gone and I just love the way this product feels going on (it never stings or gets in my eyes when I am exercising) and the things it does for my skin are just wonderful. Texture, tone, and lines are all improved. Gives me a nice glow. I even use this twice a day and it is not too much (I put it on before my morning walk and then again after I have showered and changed). The only thing I don't like is the $24 price tag. OUCH.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2006 10:47:00 AM More reviews by onitacy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I've never been a big fan of Neutrogena, as their products are usually never moisturizing enough for my 43 yr old skin. What I like most about this product is 1) it has retinol and glycolic acid in a fairly decent amount, 2) it has a sunscreen, and 3) its price point of 20$. Compared to retin-a (if you don't have medical insurance that will cover it), this is great. It has one of the highest levels of retinol on the market so that's also a plus. The Healthy Skin anti wrinkle did nothing for my lines and roughness. So far, this has not broken out my hormonally challenged skin (read: pre-menopausal). I do use Olay's beta hydroxy cream for night - it keeps the deep cysts from forming and keeps the blackheads away. I put Physician's Formula mineral wear on top or my Clinique Repairwear foundation. Both work well with this as a moisturizer. No greasiness by midday, at least not enough to comment on. I just take a tissue and blot my face, but I do that every day anyway. So, if you are looking for a retinol product for dry/sensitive skin, and don't want to spend a fortune, this product would be a great place to start. Also, I'd list the ingredients, but someone has done that previously. Oh, it also didnt sting or burn my usually hypersensitive skin.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2006 12:21:00 PM More reviews by Wend1

This product left my skin feeling greasy and caused an instant breakout.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/6/2005 8:36:00 PM More reviews by adagio_10

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this product in the mornings as a daytime moisturizer, however, I find that after a couple of hours, my face feels quite greasy. Also, the smell is not great. I wouldn't buy it again, but it's not so bad that I will throw it out before using it up.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/4/2005 9:36:00 AM More reviews by princessapink

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Also surprised by the high ratings. I thought this would be a great product as it contained two biggies for me - sunscreen and anti-aging complex. I guess I was neutral about it at first, but after a month of use it is clear that this product dries out the skin and in my case, also created a rough feel to my skin and aggravated the very mild rosacea I have. I also had some breakouts but I am not sure if that was due to the product or some other factor. I have since switched to a $40 a tube French facial cream moisturizer that is working well for me and is full of botanical oils yet water-based. I have to figure out what to do for a sunscreen. Then I'll probably go back to using retin-A on my face a few times a week for the anti-aging benefits. Sorry but this product didn't make the grade!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2005 12:31:00 AM More reviews by RubyGemZ

I am VERY surprised that this item rec'd such a high rating b/c I absolutely hated it. It must be very sought after b/c ppl kept inquiring about it on my swap list. Wow. I only tried it 3x before I officially confirmed my opinion about it. It went on greasy and did NOT help with my dryness at all. I almost tossed it but instead, threw it in my swap stash drawer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2005 1:36:00 PM More reviews by sharopooks

This is a wonderful day moisturizer from Neutrogena. I've used this for a few weeks now and my combination/oily skin is visibly smoother and firmer. A little goes a long way so follow their instructions to only use a pearl sized drop, it will work (I add a little more to my neck). If you use too much, you run the risk of getting slicker results than you want. So do NOT use to much or you will be SHINY! The smell is a little too perfumey, but no problem to deal with given the results. UPDATE: I'm re-thinking and re-rating this. I'm 2/3 of the way done with this tube and this is leaving me shinier than desired, even when I make sure not to use too much. Will use up but don't know if I'll buy again. ANOTHER UPDATE: I'm switiching moisturizers. This worked great for a while but now I think it's too much, too heavy, too shiny. I'll try this again when it's colder.