September 1, 2014 | 1292 users online

Eyeliner - Bobbi Brown - Gel Eyeliner

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2014 11:54:00 AM More reviews by Ch1zz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I have oily eye lid and this eyeliner definitely have the long lasting power compared to other gel liner (mac, maybeline etc) for me. it doesn't smear or budge at all. but the color is soft compared to MAC blacktrack. it dries very fast in the tube. i have more than half of it dries and cant be used. have to dip my brush in MUFE aqua seal and this eyeliner will back to life. the online customer service from bobbi brown said to prevent the eyeliner dries on tube, you need to take sufficient amount of eyeliner for one eye, put it on the back of your hand. put the cap back. repeat for the other eye. i think it makes sense. will try it for my new one.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/10/2014 3:02:00 AM More reviews by CalBear7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I expected more out of a Bobbi Brown product. I really wanted to like it, but it just didn't WOW me. I'm kind of inexperienced when it comes to makeup, but I can tell the difference between a good and mediocre eyeliner. Perhaps my application of this eyeliner is negatively affecting my perspective on it, but I did see other less positive results. Additionally, I feel like the price I paid for this eyeliner could've been better spent on a more effective (and less expensive) product. I really liked their variety of colors. It was hard for me to pick one, but I settled with chocolate shimmer. I believe that this is a hit and miss product. Maybe I could have applied the eyeliner with a different brush or primed my eyes beforehand, but it didn't work out that well for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/29/2014 3:34:00 AM More reviews by darkangel13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This was a very mediocre product in my opinion. As someone who loves gel liner I've tried pretty much all of them but this truly wasn't the "standout" I expected given all the hype and the price. It was just OKAY. The color was a nice soft black instead of the Cleopatra kohl black of Mac's Fluidline in Blacktrack but I also thought the pigmentation could have been better and the formula was one of the dryest I've experienced. After taking the plunge and trying this and being unimpressed I'll stick to the drugstore brands i.e L'Oreal and Maybelline.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2014 2:56:00 PM More reviews by Ruthia101

I had been using a pencil eyeliner for years. I really liked being able to smudge, or drama it up. However by the end of the day it was panda eyes and not good. So I bought this. Wow I love it! The choice of colour was fab. I like a very specific shade of blackish brown and caviar ink was perfect. I find using it is really easy (takes a bit of practice) and it just stays where you put it. The thing I really liked is you can get a light look, smudge it (while its still wet), go more dramatic, and it does all of this! I didn't like the idea of a heavy black line that looks too much, this is not the case, it looks lovely and natural (if you apply it that way). It doesn't budge until you take it off, which isn't hard either, its not a case of scrubbing it off, make up remover works fine. I didn't have the bobbi brown brush (initially) as I have so many I figured one would work well. You have to buy the brush, it makes such a difference. I have heard people complaining it dries out, I haven't had this problem, just put the lid back on when your not dipping your brush in it. I think this will last a long time, I have already had it moths and there's so much left. I think it will be much cheaper than using my pencils (that I used to go though quickly). Thank you bobbi brown, you have converted me!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2014 7:19:00 PM More reviews by abmnik

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Disappointing. It says long wearing and people boast that it is but on my eyelids this stuff creases within a few hours and the wing disappears as well. I love gel liner because I have curly lashes so liquid liner gets all over them when I apply it. Unfortunately though I have yet to find one that lasts well. This was an incredible waste of $24(!!), it was worse than mayeblline's gel liner. Time to try Inglot.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/18/2014 4:07:00 PM More reviews by miapiaL

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Terrible eyeliner. So annoyed that I wasted money on these!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2014 5:51:00 AM More reviews by MademoiselleVii

I have used MANY eyeliners before from crayon pencils to liquid eyeliners to gel. Bobbi Brown is by far the best gel eyeliner I have used and I have been loyal to this product for the past 4 years. It is easy to apply and last for around 10-12 hours without smudging. Even when I use it in a hot and humid country such as Singapore, it lasted! A jar of it lasts me around 8 months and I use it everyday.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/10/2014 3:45:00 AM More reviews by vanessa2009

I do not like this, but maybe I just don't like gel liners, or maybe I don't know how to make them work. I do not feel that this creates a smooth look at all, it looks like I did my liner with a crayon. I much prefer Stila's Stay All Day Liquid Liner - that one is truly the bomb! I bought this one because the MUA said it was waterproof. Spoiler: It isn't. Go with Stila. Also, if you go for Stila, I recommend getting the dark brown instead of black. It basically looks black when applied anyway, but less harsh.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2014 8:17:00 PM More reviews by Mozart68

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

THE BEST
Every other eyeliner I have ever tried (a lot) do not hold a candle to this product. It's easy to apply with a thin slanted brush, and it stays all day. It does not move -- no transfer to the crease. HG status for sure.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2014 11:54:00 AM More reviews by x3maggie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have combination skin but my skin gets extra oily when I am at work and sit in front of a computer for 95% of the day. Towards the mid to the end of the day, i find the gel liner doesn't stay put and smudges around my eyes making me look like a panda, a line also forms on my eyelids from the oil. However, on non work days i find the eyeliner works much better and actually stays on for most of the day. Therefore, i think this product is not really suitable for people with oily skin. I like how it gives a nice, thick, distinct black look when applied, works very well for drawing cat eyes and a little gel goes a long way. Despite not having the best experience with this product at work, i purchased another tub recently as it still works amazing other times and the old tub was running out and getting drier. I might try MAC after this one runs out.