Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner

4.3

BOBBI BROWN LONG-WEAR GEL EYELINER INGREDIENTS (2010): isododecane - cyclopentasiloxane - polyethylene - trimethylsiloxysilicate - disteardimonium hectorite - propylene carbonate - lecithin - phenyl trimethicone - hydrogenated polyisobutene - methicone - barium sulfate - bht - phenoxyethanol [ /- iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499) - mica - titanium dioxide (ci 77891) - blue 1 lake (ci 42090) - carmine (ci 75470) - chromium oxide greens (ci 77288) - manganese violet (ci 77742) - yellow 5 lake (ci 19140) - chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289) - bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163) - ultramarines (ci 77007) - ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510)]

on 9/1/2015 2:48:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love this product!
Good texture , good staying power .
I apply it with my MAC 266 brush.

on 8/5/2015 10:34:00 PM

I purchased this when a makeup artist introduced me to it and I absolutely fell in love with it, but after purchasing (with their precision eyeliner brush), I found it difficult to replicate the results no matter how many makeup tutorial videos I watched and how many times I practiced with it.

The gel itself isn't as creamy or soft as in the store (did I get a defective pot?!!!) and it's pretty hard to apply on your eye even if it goes on silky smooth (gliding motion) on the back of your hand. The formula isn't as pigmented as it boasts (again, maybe it's just my pot, or the temperature - cold when I applied it so it didn't want to go anywhere).

This eyeliner smudges very minimally. I think my mascara was responsible for the slight smudging instead of this. And once it 'sets' it does not budge. I want to love this gel liner so much because I wear contacts and when I accidentally stab myself in the eye or smear gel into my eye usually it's a disaster. Bobbi's formula is fantastic and gentle on my eyes but unfortunately, just not for me :(

Her liquid liner is great though, I should probably find the appropriate page to review it but I'm lazy. If you're not good at eyeliner, skip this and go for liquid. If you can't apply liquid eyeliner, believe you me, you don't want to try gel unless you're surgically trained or very, very patient.

on 7/26/2015 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I've used this for years and years and years...

Pros:
- No smudging.
- Pretty pigmented (provided you get the black.)

Cons:
- Expensive.
- Terrible packaging. Dries out before you can use the whole pot.
- Colors besides black are very lackluster.

I don't know why I keep buying this gel liner. Probably because I'm lazy and fearful of ending up with panda eyes. Eyeliner is a sacred trust and it takes a lot for me to try a new one (unless I get a sample and can test it on nighttime dog walks.) This was my very first gel eyeliner and I've used it since high school (dear god.)

I've bought this formula in 4(?) different colors. Brown, black, plum, and gray (I'm sorry I don't remember the official names) but I only repurchase the black. The one thing I can say for this liner is that it does not smudge. The black is pretty black and I really like how smoothly it applies. It doesn't dry shiny or flake off like other liners commonly do, and you can smudge it out so that you don't always have to sport a harsh, sharp line.

That said, the downsides are numerous. It's really, really expensive. I have never finished a full pot. Never! It always dries out before I can use the last 1/2 to 1/3rd of the product. It comes in this annoying glass pot which is heavy and surprisingly bulky. Other than black, I find that the colors aren't very pigmented and don't resemble anything but a generic "dark brown" when applied.

I am tentatively looking for a drugstore gel eyeliner. I've heard good things about L'Oreal Infallible Lacquer Liner so that's what I'll be trying next.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

i bought this eye liner and it is very dry and it is hard to apply cause it dries fast. for the price it should be creamy and go on much easier.

on 7/12/2015 3:33:00 PM

I used to use MAC blitz and glitz as my gel liner for many years, then I developed a sensitivity to it. I was so bummed. it lasted all day, and even when I went swimming. I switched to Bobbi brown as I read great things about it. however, the formulation doesn't even come close to MAC'S. it is expensive but it does last a long time. I have had my jar since January and there's still a third of it left even with daily use. this liner smudges quite a bit on me. on hot days, I can guarantee that there's smudging under my eyes after an hour of wearing this. so when I am done this jar, I am going back to mac and see if there are other colours I can wear without being sensitive to.

on 7/10/2015 3:32:00 AM

I have asian hooded and monolid eyes, so it is very hard for me to find an eyeliner that will not smudge, smear, and give me panda eyes within a few hours. I love rockin eyeliner with semi smokey look almost daily, so finding the right eyeliner is very important to me.

That being said... The lasting power to this gel liner is pretty superb. It is a pretty dry formula, so it is honestly hard to glide on to your eyes. There are other factors though that made me give this a 3 lippies.

The pot dried out SO quickly that I had half of it left before I couldn't use it any longer. I was disappointed because it was a costly eyeliner, and sure it was frustrating to use over time because it was drying out too. From the drugstore, I discovered the Loreal infallible gel liner and LET ME TELL YOU I highly preferred that over this one! It glides on so much smoother, giving me more control of the shape and not having any flakes, yet when it is properly applied (with primer and set with a shadow, I always do this to all my gel or pencil eyeliners) it worked just as well as the Bobbi Brown one. Now, why would I ever repurchase a high end one when I loved the Loreal one so much?? I also surprisingly enjoyed the Wet n Wild gel liner as it held up well and was smooth, except it also dried out on me pretty quickly but I wasn't as mad cause HEY, it was like $3.

So... to me, this liner was fool proof in longevity, but it is just not worth the money to buy this when I can find better ones at the drugstore.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have purchased four of these gel eyeliners and they last well, from the time I apply it in the morning, until I remove it at night. I use the Bobbi Brown eyeliner brush and the application is easy, in fact easier than when I used to use the Revlon Colourstay eyeliner pen, and I used to quite like that. The gel eyeliner glides on smoothly and doesn't smudge. So happy I tried it at the Bobbi Brown store - I'm a convert!

on 6/28/2015 1:08:00 AM

An easy to use, quick to dry, smudge proof and long wearing eyeliner.

I was worried it would dry out quickly in the packaging, but not the case at all.

Lasts all day/night on oily eyelids.

Love it.

on 6/20/2015 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Ah Bobbi, why did you have to go and sneak cyclopentasiloxane in the Long-wear Gel eyeliner formula when you brought out all the new colors. I purchased this in Hunter ink, which was a nice matte dark green and the only reason this received an extra lippie. I loved the color but eyeliners with cyclopentasiloxane do not last long on me at all. It is a shame because the old formula was a great one. It was the only liner that would stay on my waterline. I will nurse my last jar of Dark Chocolate Ink and once it's gone, I will be shopping for new options.

I wish these cosmetic companies would stop adding cyclopentasiloxane but it's cheap so it's not going away anytime soon. Bummer.

Hands down the best gel liner around. Stays put. And lasts all day