August 1, 2014 | 1237 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Full 'N Soft Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2014 11:16:00 AM More reviews by KatieMakeupLady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Maybelline Full 'N Soft has been a staple product in my mascara arsenal for several years. I purchased this product in Black and Brown and love to use this on a daily basis. I first discovered it when they discontinued Sky High Curves (R.I.P. Best Mascara for my teenage self). The formula is creamy, not too runny or dry. The brush is the best, I always scrub and sanitize them and use them for spoolies when I use up a tube. The formula thickens your lashes in a way that looks natural with one coat, but is buildable for a more dramatic, thick look. I am fair-skinned and blonde so I always bought the brown previously, but lately I have gotten the black and it looks great as well! The smell is minimal, and the formula is nicely pigmented. I love to use this product in the middle of my mascara routine, which usually consists of three or four coats from different mascaras. Full 'N Soft doesn't get thick or clumpy, and it doesn't become difficult to remove (in the non-waterproof version). This is a great product if you're going for the natural-looking "no-makeup" look (which actually does sometimes require makeup, especially if your eyelashes are blonde like mine!). I would definitely buy this mascara again and again. I read that it may be discontinued (noooooo!) so I will be stocking up just in case!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2014 12:47:00 PM More reviews by dinodog

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It was the only mascara I loved, unfortunately it is discontinued. You can still find it in stores, many stores have it on sale. I bought a few, but I know at some time I will be out of it. ...
Of course I tried others, even expensive ones: Estee Lauder, Chanel, Lancome, Clarins, Benefit, Too faced, Tarte, Clinique, Bare Escentuals + cheaper ones: Flower, Paula’s Choice, Cover Girl, Physician’s Choice, Almay, Revlon, L’oreal, almost all other Maybelline and for me nothing was as good as this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2014 4:50:00 PM More reviews by ASpratt

I have been using this mascara since it came out and I love it. I have used the waterproof but I think I lose more lashes when removing it (probably my method) so I prefer the non waterproof. It doesn't really smear on me even if I go in the water. Anyway, I love the brush and that it is not clumpy and does not leave me with spider lashes. They are just long and smooth and fan pretty much perfectly. With a new tube I only need one coat, maybe 2 for going out at night. I'm worried since it is on the bottom of Maybelline's mascara wall at the stores. I hope they do not discontinue it since it has been out for a while. I think they want new mascara tubes in new colors on the shelves to advertise the newest (mostly broken promises) but I always come back to this one. I have tried some of their newer ones over the years but they would either smell weird, or apply too wet and clumpy, or make my lashes short and clumpy and stuck together... I feel like this one is an old secret at this point but was happy to see recent reviews about it-at least I'm not the only one buying it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2014 7:54:00 PM More reviews by yjanney

This has replaced Maybelline Volume Express as my everyday mascara because it gives me the length I want PLUS I get some volume so my lashes don't look spindly. Volume Express has cuter packaging, but the price and availability are comparable. Even applying multiple coats, my lashes stay soft and clump free. Love!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2014 5:00:00 PM More reviews by MysteriousMagicalMUAer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this mascara. It's volumizing but not clumpy, holds a curl & is very black. It smudges on me BUT every mascara I have ever tried does, I have very oily skin so that's probably why.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2014 7:24:00 AM More reviews by mirandamall

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Quicky, because I have to head off to work, one word: AMAZING!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2014 2:32:00 PM More reviews by Ryelizabeth

My eyelashes NEVER hold a curl, I've tried everything. This mascara is amazing. It keeps my lashes curled makes them long and separated and it is fully waterproof. It's perfect for either natural looking or huge bold lashes. The only thing I dislike is I wish the color was more black but other than that I totally recommend it! Do yourself a favor and go buy it!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2014 10:09:00 AM More reviews by hasnijabosnia777

This is a truly superior drugstore mascara!! This is my HG natural look mascara! It leaves my lashes long and lush looking. While it doesn't thicken exceptionally well, I find myself reaching for this mascara every day over my more expensive mascaras like the Diorshow and Benefit mascaras. While I do layer several coats, this mascara never looks flaky or dry on my lashed. I have been recommending this mascara to anyone and everyone who will listen! For the price you cannot beat this product!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2014 2:06:00 AM More reviews by antiguru

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love the wand, love the soft lashes it gives and not the crunchy kind. However, besides making my lashes black, this did nothing for me. No, it's not waterproof. I think my standards for non waterproof mascara are way too high and really need to be re-evaluated. It did make my lashes soft, it did make them look full, but if it can't hold a curl, no one will see the fullness because I look like Snuffleupagus within 30 minutes of curling. I may try the waterproof version someday but for now, I just need time to mourn this mascara "cult favorite", listen to sad songs and write some bad poetry.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2014 10:51:00 PM More reviews by lipstickthespian

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my all time favorite drug store/over the counter mascara. It goes on smooth, and creates full, soft lashes. Gives nice volume and NO STIFF LASHES! This mascara is just as good as Benefit's They're Real, Bad Gal, and Diorshow. The only reason I don't buy this mascara anymore is because of the color options. I just don't look good in black or black/brown mascara. For the majority that can wear dark mascara, this is a fabulous product.