Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine Weightless Anti-Frizz Serum

3.9

New forumula(2011): Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethiconol, Argania Spinosa Oil/Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Parfum/Fragrance, Prunus Armeniaca Kernel Oil/Apricot Kernel Oil, Benzyl Alcohol, Linalool, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citronellol. Fil D46535/1.

I have very oily roots and very dry and frizzy ends. Quite a bummer. I bought this hoping to tame my ends a bit and lock in some moisture.

This stuff is fantastic. For the price, you really can't beat it. It's the first anti-frizz product that hasn't made my hair horribly greasy. I just massage this into my hair after a shower and once my hair dries, it feels so soft. And the best part is, I can go another two days of washing my hair and it will still feel soft. I only have to use this every three days.

It also makes my hair very shiny and healthy looking. I got a compliment from someone the other day who said my hair looked shampoo commercial worthy :) I owe it to this stuff, I'm telling ya.

It's not heavy on your hair, it's not greasy, and it's not expensive. Plus it works. What more could you ask for? Definitely an HG hair product for me.

on 8/29/2015 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Okay cute bellish packaging, smells nice however this only works to make your hair look heavily greasy and makes my frizz worse by poofing it out further. Will not be buying this again.

on 8/8/2015 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Looking for a no-frills serum for smoothing and shine? Look no further! This little cheapie product has been a staple since I was going to HS. It gets the job done and is readily available at the store when you run out. Although it's pretty siliconey, it doesn't have anything in it to calm frizzies, so consider using something with behentrimonium chloride-which grabs onto the most damaged parts of your hair strand, smoothing its surface-before this (or any) serum. The 'cones in this will help sealing in the conditioning ingredients after settling and drying. I almost sound like I'm writing a cheesy commercial for this product, but it really is effective for smoothing hair down. Plus, it's cheaper than most other DS alternatives (L'oreal owns most of the better DS haircare brands anyway) while being just as good. The scent is pretty good too, considering Garnier's smaller fragrance budget compared to Kerastase, Redken, etc. Give it a try!

P.S.: The lighter texture of this serum is made possible by it's first ingredient: Cyclopentasiloxane, which is a simple cyclic silicone that tends to evaporate while helping other ingredients such as dimethicone and the tiny amount of argan oil distribute properly in your hair.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

My friends and I used this stuff years ago! It's great for taming any frizz, fluffiness or fly aways. I hadn't used it in so long so when I found it I decided to smell it (lol) unfortunately it doesn't have the same smell any longer, but I am sure it is still a great product!

on 4/23/2015 9:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been using this for years and I love it! My hair is very dry so I don't like blow drying it, but air drying leaves it super frizzy (well it's frizzy either way). I usually take my showers at night, but if I have a free day and take a shower in the morning, I use some of this after I've done just a bit of towel drying, and once my hair is fully dry some hours later it's so soft and much smoother than when I don't use it. My hair goes just a few inches below my shoulders and I only need about one quarter sized pump (2 if I'm feeling like it). Might feel like it's being weighed down a little bit, but once it's dried up it feels really nice!

This is HOLY GRAIL to me! I have tried many different serums over the years - very expensive high end - you name it. This serum is different. It has a watery consistency - where the others I've tried are all thick and leave your hair feeling weighed down and sticky. This serum leaves a very clean feeling - as if you didn't put anything in it. I have very long hair so I use quite a few pumps but a little goes a long way. You get a lot of serum for the price (not like some high end where you get a little skinny tube or very small bottle). It doesn't weigh hair down - leaves hair very shiny and smooth. I have naturally wavy hair that tends to be on the dry side, especially after blow drying. I use this when I get out of the shower when my hair is just towel dried before blow drying (a bit on dry hair works wonders too). All the others left my hair feeling weighed down and dry. I would recommend this to anyone. I would be very surprised if people didn't like this compared to the higher end serums - this is the best and I will always use this. Thank you Fructis!

on 1/16/2015 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

What is this supposed to do?! Because every time I use it, my hair ends up soft, fluffy and matte looking, which might be preferable for some, but not when you want that nice smooth silky shiny finish.

The smell is nice, I'll give it that. But after drying my hair with a round brush I expect some shine! Given the ingredients, I would think it would. And I love Argan oil. Maybe I need to use the shamp & condish too? But I'll admit, this makes me want to not try anything else from this line.

on 12/22/2014 9:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

To tame the ends of my pin straight, fine hair I lean towards serums rather than straight oils because they seem to be more light-weight on my hair that gets weighed down very easily. This serum is greasy feeling on the hands but absorbs very quickly. I run this through the ends of my hair while avoiding the roots and it gives it such a strong shine and detangles for manageability. It also moisturizes beautifully which is crucial in this dry, Alaskan winter. I only use this on days I don't heat style or even use a blow dryer because although it is a serum it does contain Argan Oil and I'm afraid of frying the ends of my hair. At $3 - $4 a little square/round bottle (must be new packaging) I will repurchase. The only thing is I wish the pump had a lock because this stuff is greasy so I have to dump the product inside a travel bottle with a flip top to take it anywhere other than home to avoid it spilling onto whatever else I'm taking with me. Although this is my first experience with hair serums and I don't have anything else to compare it to why fix something that works so well at this low of a price?

on 11/12/2014 3:16:00 PM

Love this! I use it when I wear my hair natural and it makes my hair so soft and tames frizz- and I use about 3 pumps because I have thick wavy hair. I also use it for when I want to blow dry my hair and it makes my hair so soft and shiny and salon quality. Definitely recommend.

on 8/30/2014 4:08:00 PM

My favorite is Chi Silk,but I think this is half the price or less, works just as well, I have wavy, dry, brittle hair, this stuff tames the frizz and it's light, easy to wash out.

Popular Styling Products