October 20, 2014 | 1197 users online

Gels/Soaps - DuDu Osun African Black Soap

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2014 11:43:00 PM More reviews by lushlife505

I really like how well this worked on my skin. It removed makeup very well. It also helps with blemishes. I rarely broke out when using. I wish it would help with my oily skin the same way but it does not.
A bar does not last that long 3weeks to a month if you are careful with it, which is ok I guess.
I cut it up into quarters and keep one in the shower and one at the sink.
You need a soap dish for it to help it stay dry after using because it softens and disolves quickly, which is annoying but it is natural so I do not mind as much.
Since I have to order it on amazon I do not order that often unless I have other things I need. That being said in the meantime I will continue to look for a drugstore face wash that hopefully will work well. I also really like the Clearasil Ultra cleansing gel with a pump. It really helps with blemishes very well but I want something that also helps with my oil if that is possible and removes makeup better which this bar did.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2014 6:36:00 PM More reviews by bronaghmk1

I started using dudu osun about 2years ago and have gone through about 3/4 bars, they last so long and are extremely cheap to buy. I use mine at night, I lather it in my hands then massage it into my face and it clears all traces of makeup and waterproof mascara. I wear Estée Lauder double wear and this removes it completely in just one wash however I like to do a second wash with it just to be sure. I also use this in the shower on my hair from time to time, I use the lush shampoo bars so I am used to the squeaky clean feeling it leaves on your hair however if you prefer your hair to feel silky then I would not recommend using it on your hair, despite the fact when I do it leaves my hair cleaner for longer! Overall I love this product and could not live without it!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2014 10:54:00 PM More reviews by Simran9275886531

Im 17 and i have alot of acne scars and decided to try this. I was really excited because nothing else seemed to be working.. Ive had the soap for about a week and im currently in that purge stage. Im breaking out in small pimples and havent seen any reduction in my hyperpigmentation. The soap is somewhat drying for me but not that much. Im not sure whether to continue to see if itll make a difference anytime soon or to stop because of the breakouts. I was using a black soap from whole foods before which seemed to br working a little better than this. Im sad because i thot this wud workkkk!! :((

rated 1 of 5 on 6/30/2014 6:06:00 PM More reviews by calicosteph

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

So I saw a review for this on YouTube and it was recommended for oily/acne-prone skin and for fading acne scars. I have all of those skin issues and thought I would try it out. I ordered mine online directly from the Dudu Osum website and it was dirt cheap for a skin care product. I started using it every other day for a week because it was SO drying. It also stings when I use it to wash my face, so I wanted to slowly acclimate my face to it. Well, it continued to sting my face and it dried out my face so much that I actually started to break out! (My skin was pretty clear before I used this.) I stopped using it entirely and my face has stopped breaking out. I understand this might be a "purge phase" but I just can't deal with that anymore especially since my skin scars easily when I break out. Too bad, I really wanted this to help with my acne scars, but this soap is way too harsh for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/29/2014 3:36:00 PM More reviews by fiyacrackeryaz

Before I bought this soap, I was using an all natural black soap that I purchased from whole foods. I used it on my face only for almost a month. I had pretty good results from it. I then looked into using dudu osun soap. I had used it for almost a week with no issues in the way my skin reacted. I then began to use it on my body and I loved the way it made me feel....at first! I then started to break on on my body and face in little bumps. They weren't pimples but some kind of reaction to the ingredients in the soap. I rarely have allergies to natural products. I had stopped using drugstore products with salicylic acid and benzoly peroxide (sp). Ultimately, i ended up with scars and scabs not only on my body, but on my face as well. I was making such good progress with eliminating my dark spots and not I feel like I have taken a million steps backwards. I'm not using neutrogena facial bar, fragrance free. It's doing wonders. Doesn't make me feel dry and no reaction! The black soap may work for you depending on your skin sensitivity but my skin isn't that sensitive. I really loved the smell, lather, and texture of this soap. Too bad I can't use it anymore.

If it is helpful, I am African American with a medium caramel skin tone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2014 8:12:00 PM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

I love this soap. It smells so fresh and leaves my face and body feeling extremely clean without any waxy feeling. I have very sensitive skin and experience no irritation while using this soap. It does help reduce my breakouts, and aids in minimizing dark spots/hyperpigmentation. I do rotate my use so I don't end up with dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2014 1:55:00 PM More reviews by MissOrthodox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

UPDATE
12/03/13

All my whiteheads are gone after just 3 weeks of using this regularly again. I'm so happy right now it's not even funny!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dudu Osun is a fantastic natural soap that has always given me amazing results.

I have normal/sensitive skin and although dudu is very clarifying I've never had any issues after toning and applying a good moisturiser.

My whiteheads have reduced 98%, my skin tone is more balanced and I have the glow I love that allows me to look great without makeup.

I also use this on my whole body in the shower, it's super refreshing and the zesty citrus fragrance is very nice too. I love this in the summer when you feel hot and sticky, Dudu clarifies your body of all clogging oils and leaves my skin feeling refreshed and super clean.

I really love this product, it's amazing!

Good luck!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2014 7:46:00 PM More reviews by michele71976

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

leaves my face squeaky clean. a little drying, but moisturizer fixes that. keeps me mostly free from acne.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2014 1:39:00 PM More reviews by BeautyBrunette16

Great item for a facial cleanser. leaves my skin feeling squeaky clean.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2013 12:34:00 AM More reviews by Meshamade

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So I'm 18 and in college. My acne battle began in 5th grade and I have literally JUST conquered it with this wonderful soap. My skin is VERY acne prone. I never had the severe cystic acne but I typically have bumps all over my face, I'm talking at least 6 pimples somewhere on my face plus a mask of acne scars. I just got this soap last week and now every pimple I had is completely gone. After my first use my acne began to heal, even the bump on my cheek that I had been struggling with for 2 weeks. My scars have began fading and my complexion has already became clearer. What I do is I lather the soap in my hands and massage on my face. Don't use a wash cloth to wash your face UNLESS your goal is to exfoliate which you shouldn't do unless necessary (once a week). Washing your face with a wash cloth everyday is exfoliating every day which leads to irritation and ultimately more inflammation and more acne. After I rinse off the soap, i gently pat my face dry then I use witch hazel as a toner (unnecessary because as you will see, NOTHING extra comes off because dudu osun got it all). After that I let my dry from the toner and I use grapeseed oil (if this is at night) or Jason's aloe Vera moisturizing gel (if it's in the morning) and I'm good to go! I try not to wash my face in the morning and night because I feel like that's not necessary unless you start getting breakouts then an extra wash will be good for the face. By using these products I have finally discovered the baby clear and soft skin I haven't seen since elementary school :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No