DuDu Osun African Black Soap

3.8

on 2/26/2015 11:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I was really excited to use this black soap after seeing so many reviews. I tried Nubian black soap and it worked well with cleaning skin but not getting rid of acne. But this soap on the other hand BROKE ME OUT. I had tiny bumps all over my jaw line & also under my chin. Now I'm back to using my regular neutrogena cleanser. I don't know what is going to get rid of my acne. Everything is just "controlling" it. But I would not recommend this product.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I am a fan of this soap. It gentle enough to use all over my body - no adverse reaction at all! I typically do not use bar soap but this one leaves my skin so clean and soft. I give out bars as gifts to my friends and fam...love it! I have dark knees and I will update my review after a few more weeks - not seeing significant lightening yet...highly recommend !

on 11/10/2014 10:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Product is great. Have only been using it for a few days but I must say this is the best BAR soap i have ever used on my face. Most other bar soap claiming to be safe for face, usually leave my skin TIGHT and dry and I hate that feeling. My skin feels soft and smooth after i use it, and my face just appears brighter. I like the fact that it also does not sting my eyes BONUS

and in just a few days (3 to be exact) it cleared up a dry patch on my face that I was trying to get rid of for the longest time. I exfoliated, 10% glycolic acid peel you name it. NOTHING worked. and in 3 days this soap exfoliated the patch away and my makeup application finally looks good over that part of skin.

HAPPY AND WILL PURCHASE AGAIN. SUPER INEXPENSIVE

This soap contains lime juice so I don't feel I can recommend it for sensitive skin. But my daughter loves it for lightening dark patches of skin she is self-conscious about (back of neck, knees and elbows). She had previously tried harsh toners and scrubs with varying degrees of success, but I cannot believe the difference since she started using Dudu soap about four weeks ago. No dark patches at all and her skin is soft. You have to store it in a soap dish as it tends to disintegrate quickly otherwise.

on 10/22/2014 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I really wanted to love dudu soap, but my skin is way too sensitive. This soap cleared my skin at first, made it clear and lightened my acne spots-wonderful right? But I have really sensitive cheeks, which is being made worse by the upcoming winter. This product is a little too harsh for those who have sensitive skin, but is amazing at getting rid of makeup, acne scars and all the rest. The price is unbeatable too!

on 8/27/2014 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I really like how well this worked on my skin. It removed makeup very well. It also helps with blemishes. I rarely broke out when using. I wish it would help with my oily skin the same way but it does not.
A bar does not last that long 3weeks to a month if you are careful with it, which is ok I guess.
I cut it up into quarters and keep one in the shower and one at the sink.
You need a soap dish for it to help it stay dry after using because it softens and disolves quickly, which is annoying but it is natural so I do not mind as much.
Since I have to order it on amazon I do not order that often unless I have other things I need. That being said in the meantime I will continue to look for a drugstore face wash that hopefully will work well. I also really like the Clearasil Ultra cleansing gel with a pump. It really helps with blemishes very well but I want something that also helps with my oil if that is possible and removes makeup better which this bar did.

on 7/24/2014 6:36:00 PM

I started using dudu osun about 2years ago and have gone through about 3/4 bars, they last so long and are extremely cheap to buy. I use mine at night, I lather it in my hands then massage it into my face and it clears all traces of makeup and waterproof mascara. I wear Estée Lauder double wear and this removes it completely in just one wash however I like to do a second wash with it just to be sure. I also use this in the shower on my hair from time to time, I use the lush shampoo bars so I am used to the squeaky clean feeling it leaves on your hair however if you prefer your hair to feel silky then I would not recommend using it on your hair, despite the fact when I do it leaves my hair cleaner for longer! Overall I love this product and could not live without it!

Im 17 and i have alot of acne scars and decided to try this. I was really excited because nothing else seemed to be working.. Ive had the soap for about a week and im currently in that purge stage. Im breaking out in small pimples and havent seen any reduction in my hyperpigmentation. The soap is somewhat drying for me but not that much. Im not sure whether to continue to see if itll make a difference anytime soon or to stop because of the breakouts. I was using a black soap from whole foods before which seemed to br working a little better than this. Im sad because i thot this wud workkkk!! :((

on 6/30/2014 6:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So I saw a review for this on YouTube and it was recommended for oily/acne-prone skin and for fading acne scars. I have all of those skin issues and thought I would try it out. I ordered mine online directly from the Dudu Osum website and it was dirt cheap for a skin care product. I started using it every other day for a week because it was SO drying. It also stings when I use it to wash my face, so I wanted to slowly acclimate my face to it. Well, it continued to sting my face and it dried out my face so much that I actually started to break out! (My skin was pretty clear before I used this.) I stopped using it entirely and my face has stopped breaking out. I understand this might be a "purge phase" but I just can't deal with that anymore especially since my skin scars easily when I break out. Too bad, I really wanted this to help with my acne scars, but this soap is way too harsh for me.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Before I bought this soap, I was using an all natural black soap that I purchased from whole foods. I used it on my face only for almost a month. I had pretty good results from it. I then looked into using dudu osun soap. I had used it for almost a week with no issues in the way my skin reacted. I then began to use it on my body and I loved the way it made me feel....at first! I then started to break on on my body and face in little bumps. They weren't pimples but some kind of reaction to the ingredients in the soap. I rarely have allergies to natural products. I had stopped using drugstore products with salicylic acid and benzoly peroxide (sp). Ultimately, i ended up with scars and scabs not only on my body, but on my face as well. I was making such good progress with eliminating my dark spots and not I feel like I have taken a million steps backwards. I'm not using neutrogena facial bar, fragrance free. It's doing wonders. Doesn't make me feel dry and no reaction! The black soap may work for you depending on your skin sensitivity but my skin isn't that sensitive. I really loved the smell, lather, and texture of this soap. Too bad I can't use it anymore.

If it is helpful, I am African American with a medium caramel skin tone.

Popular Gels/Soaps