April 16, 2014 | 2066 users online

Lipstick - Lancome - Rouge Absolu Creme in Champagne

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2012 9:55:00 PM More reviews by belleepoque

This is another "frosty" lipstick that isn't very frosty at all. The finish is very wearable. The color is very wearable, too. Although "Champagne" is a super bright, pigmented pink both in the tube and on the lip, that great half shiny/half matte finish allows for wearability with a casual or formal look. Some reviews comment negatively about the smell, but I love it - very retro. This is the perfect classic pink lipstick. Doesn't bleed. I am not a huge fan of Lancome, but I'd love to try more of these lipsticks.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2012 1:14:00 AM More reviews by Jexka

Champagne is a bright pink lipstick with berry undertones and a bit of frosty shimmer to it. Glitter is not immediately noticeable, but once the color starts to fade, there is some silver glitter. Nothing obnoxious though! The color alone is a little too bright for me to wear every day, but if I blot it once or twice, the color fades to a nice, warm hot pink, which is very pretty and wearable. Though this isn't a particularly creamy lipstick, it still applies very easily and is opaque in maybe 2 strokes. This lipstick lasts 4-5 hours before serious fading occurs, so it's pretty long-wearing. I don't find this to be too moisturizing though. After a few hours, my lips look a little dry. They don't magically start chapping or cracking or anything, but they just start to look and feel like they need a little moisture. It smells like most Lancome lipsticks, that weird waxy/perfume-y smell, but it doesn't bother me. If you're into bright pinks (and you have $30 to spend on a lipstick!), check Champagne out.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2011 12:58:00 AM More reviews by catcoastal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This particular color is a little too true pink for my coloring (I prefer a slightly coral or peachy pink), but it's definitely a beautiful color for people who like that shade. The lipstick itself is my absolute favorite of any lipstick--so moisturizing and long-lasting. I also LOVE the packaging. It's very easy to hold and apply, and the little magnets work well to bring the top and bottom together without that annoying little "snap" that other lipsticks make. Yeah I know it's anal-retentive, but that sound bugs me. I like to apply lipstick on the sly without broadcasting it to my officemates. The magnets also always keep the top ON rather than having it fall off inside my purse. Dior, you could learn something from Lancome's packaging!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2010 7:54:00 AM More reviews by Moonstruck1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my 'moving on after a breakup' lipstick - I was walking around the makeup section at one of the department stores at the mall and I was standing near the lancome counter when the sales associate asked if I needed any help - we got to talking and I eneded up telling her about my sob story - she was brilliant, offered me great advice, helped me feel confident and happy - THen I asked her to help me pick out a new 'feeling good about myself' lipstick - 'Champagne' is the colour she picked out first - I tried it on and I felt instantly uplifted. From now on, this is going to be my 'Feel Good' lipstick!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2010 1:32:00 AM More reviews by tashidelek

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I got this as a free with purchase gift, and I am so glad I did!! My favorite lipstick color that is highly pigmented, creamy, and long lasting.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2010 7:02:00 PM More reviews by kelseylicious

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is a beautiful pink shade of lipstick. Not too light, not to dark. Not too cool, not too warm (this is because it is almost prismatic looking, where direct light makes it have blue undertones and indirect light makes it have reddish/coral undertones). Very pigmented. The texture is super-creamy. When applied, it gives your lips a soft sheen (not too shiny, but not too matte). Looks great on fair skin. A very glamorous lipstick indeed!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2009 5:10:00 PM More reviews by imagin4sian

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Very nicely pigmented and beautiful color!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2008 10:12:00 PM More reviews by suzicole

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

If I could only own one lipstick, this would be the one. It's a really pretty purply-pink good for day or night, stays on a long time, feels good on my lips, and I happen to love the smell.
My absolutely favorite lipstick....

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2008 12:23:00 PM More reviews by northender

This lipstick is a nicely-pigmented cool-toned orchid pink with subtle sheen but without shimmer (hallelujah!). I love that it's not glossy at all - but it's a great base color for girls who want to gloss it up. Said girls probably wouldn't want to plunk $22 on a l/s and then have to buy a gloss though. Apparently, this color has been around forever and it doesn't look particularly modern or interesting but it is stunning on - creamy, moisturizing, not matte, not flat, just awesome in a glamorous, old Hollywood kind of way. It's grown-up and really really pretty - wearing it makes me want to wear kitten heels and cardigans and dainty blouses. One swipe is really all you need and I like that it doesn't cake or feather because of multiple coats.

It's not absolute perfection, though, the smell is classic "Lancome" lipstick smell (ugh!) and the texture is a little waxy for my taste (I've been wearing BB exclusively lately and those lippies are creamy goodness) but the color payoff and the long-wearingness of the Lancome lippie sort of cancels out the other negatives. Then there's the awesome rose on the packaging. The packaging is black tube with that dang rose that makes me want all my makeup to be Lancome. Seriously, that rose is genius.

I don't know how much this lipstick costs because I got it as part of the Holiday 2007 beauty box. Initially, I did not think this cool bright pink would work at all on my pigmented lips and with my warm, bronzy, GGG/DDD skin, and filed it away for swapping. Then, I saw Ruby Dee's Oscar makeupand became obsessed with finding a silvery orchid pink like the one she wore. I searched high and low and rubbed my lips raw trying and wiping off lipsticks for weeks but I couldn't find the "Ruby Dee" color. Anyway, I was looking through my stash for swap extras and I discovered the Champagne, swiped it on, and the search was over. Champagne, you were with me all the while.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2008 8:48:00 PM More reviews by natalierose

This is my favorite lipstick. Really pretty color (orchid pink) not as cool-toned when i wear it as it looks in the tube. Looks pretty layered under Miracle juicy tube, heck it looks pretty under all my glosses since they are usually some shade of pink. What can I say, I love pink lip stuff....