Ponds Magic Powder - Oil and Blemish Control

4.6

talc, triclosan, fragrance

on 11/28/2014 8:14:00 PM

This is great stuff in my opinion. Inexpensive, gives nice coverage and has the added benefit of a sunscreen. I really appreciate products that give great results at a sensible price and this gets a big tick of approval from me.

on 11/8/2013 6:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Amazing powder! Searched for years to find a product to control my oily skin which doesn't break me out. This is it!! I have adult acne on my chin and my skin becomes sooo oily after approx 2 hrs. This powder actually works! My skin stays matte for hours. Feels so good to finally find a decent product that does what it says it does. I was so excited to hear of milk of magnesia as oily skin cure however it did nothing for me. This powder is my HG! The price is ridiculously cheap, £2.20 for 2 on Amazon. Try it you will not be disappointed!

on 10/9/2013 12:41:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love this, I really do. I got the original pink one and truly no loose powder ever worked so well for oil control and minimizing pores. I used it for a while but its very light, gives me a white face. Which is disappointing because I havent found any loose powder I like better for setting my foundation or bb cream. But other than the whiteness, its the best. I like the smell of it too.

on 9/18/2013 4:05:00 PM

This review is for the "BB" version of this magic powder... It comes in a pink bottle, just as the others, but it has the label "BB". I don't know exacly what BB stands for in this particular product, but it's definitely a trend in cosmetic industry nowadays.

So, i was searching on ebay for a good powder for oily skin, and i saw this "magic" powders by pond's. What really caught my attention was the price. It's soooo cheap! And you get a good amount! I paid less than 3 euros for a 50gr. bottle. My go-to translucent powder by catrice costs almost 5 euros for 11gr.

This claims to control oils and blemishes, keeps skin matte, has UV protection and it's allergy and dermatologist tested. I choose the BB one because it's a skin colored powder, and gives a little bit of coverage.

I have oily acne prone skin, so this seemed to answer my needs...

I'm not a fan of the smell of it, it's very perfumery, but once applied it doesn't bother me anymore. It really gives a flawless look. It has a very light coverage, which complements foundation or bb cream very well. The finish is matte, but it's not powdery at all!!! It's perfect! I'm amazed!! It controls oils very well. As for blemish control... i don't really know. I already use treatments for acne, and i'm not looking for a powder to do it, i just want it to set my makeup and control my oils.

Also, the color doesn't make me lighter than my skin tone (i use this over my colorstay foundation in Sand Beige, and my Garnier BB Cream for oily skin, in the color light, and it's perfect).

I just don't like the packaging, it's not really handy. It's like those bottles of baby powder. I put the powder on a empty translucent powder container and i'm good to go :)

Definitely repurchasing! I'm going to try the light pink one, to see if it has any difference, but i will then mix with this one, as i prefer a skin colored powder.

on 9/14/2013 12:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Found this product in thailand, when i really need a powder for my blemish skin. It was really cheap, around 27bath. Really worth the price. I applied it onto my face right after I paid, and think 'have to buy some more'. Last all day, and really reduce the blemish until 5-6 hours after outdoor activity. Will buy this product again.

on 7/30/2013 10:55:00 PM

I found this on Amazon and it was a bargain at under $14 for 3 small bottles, including shipping. Had to order from Thailand so it took a few weeks to arrive but did so in excellent condition. I'm fair and this loose powder is truly invisible and erases mid-day shine instantly. Too bad we can't purchase it in the USA except online. It even has SPF!!! You need to sprinkle it into a container because it comes in a baby powder style bottle, but it's worth it. At least this bottle won't spill in your purse or break if you drop it.

on 11/4/2012 7:32:00 AM

I bought this in Bangkok's Watsons and don't think this is available in Singapore.

I have oily skin and this keeps my skin matte for a reasonably long time. I have acne-prone skin and it doesn't break me out. My only gripe is that it leaves a noticeable white cast on my NC30-35 skin and it makes me look like I'm wearing too much makeup even when I'm not.

on 6/30/2012 2:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Ohh, how much I love this product! Some times the simplest solution is the best solution. All those expensive matte lotions, primers, BB creams, mineral powders didn't work on my sensitive, very oily and acne-prone skin but this simple thing does.

Definite recommend! I actually like it's packing because I apply it very precisely with my finger tips. Great Product!

on 3/18/2012 1:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I have the pink one, I got this from ebay for about $4.30 CAD.
Packaging: Is loose and comes on bottle (looks like baby powder)

I untwist this and pour some an a flat palette or in my palm, It looks like hot pink loose powder but when applied it is translucent, has this sweet smell, I really like it. Over my regular foundation and powder (Hardy candy one step foundation + Gosh pressed powder) it keeps me matte for about 5-6 hours before I show signs of dewiness not greasiness! I can go without blotting for about 8 hours before thinking of blotting or applying it again and my makeup will still look fresh just like I applied it in the morning. When I used I got so many compliments on my skin! I love this and would definitely repurchase this again from ebay, since its not available in Canada.

Will update a couple of weeks later :)

on 4/6/2011 3:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Silver, Curly, Other

Oh how I wanted to love this product - I don't think it's fair to mark it down because of MY sensitivity to the smell - which I find quite strong and lingers
(Migraine trigger) It did control the oiliness but I just cannot get past the smell.

If it were fragrance free it would be 5 lippies for sure.

If scents don't bother you give this a try to control your oily skin.
I've seen several different brands of Magic powder on Ebay if anyone
knows of 1 that is unscented please contact me.

Recommended for Normal Skin