November 21, 2014 | 1771 users online

Polishes - L'Oreal - L'Oréal Nail Enamel

rated 1 of 5 on 2/6/2014 3:37:00 PM More reviews by aknakano

I have this is "breaking Curfew," which is shade 480. I might break my curfew only because how awfully high maintenance this polish was.

I'll admit, I am least comfortable with nail polishes, and I realize dark colors tend to be especially high maintenance. But I even had my sister try to do my nails with this, and neither of us could get a nice, even polished (harhar) look. Mine is not too thick or goopy, but rather SO thin that I have to put on 4+ layers on just to have the lovely deep color that it is in the bottle. AND THEN, even after a base coat, 4+ layers, and a top coat, it was visibly wearing away at the tips the next day. (I washed dishes, for the record. Nothing super intense.)

I wanted to love this, because I think the color in the bottle is just gorgeous. The presentation and packaging are quite nice too. BUT considering the time it takes for 4+ layers to dry, I really might as well give myself a French mani, top off with some clear top coat, and call it day. I have NYC and Wet n' Wild polishes that were less frustrating. At ~$6 a bottle? Not again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2013 12:31:00 AM More reviews by wendycoco

Worst nail polish ever. I should not have to apply 4 coats of what looks like a darker purple polish to make it look somewhat opaque. Thankfully I got it from the dollar store so I didn't pay much for it. If I could have given it a zero rating I would. Only thing good about it is the packaging it looks really pretty and the brush is nice.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/8/2013 2:21:00 PM More reviews by girlnotgrrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Bought "After Hours" looking for a deep navy (in reality it reads black). Polish was thick and goopy and difficult to apply. I don't know if the brush in mine was defective or if it was this way by design, but it had an angle in the tip that made applying the already difficult formula nearly impossible. Would never, ever buy this brand of polish again. It's nearly as expensive as Essie, but the quality sucks in comparison.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/10/2013 5:30:00 PM More reviews by sarahjohnson44

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was really disappointed with this nail polish. I'm usually really cheap when it comes to buying nail polish and stick to the $1 or $2 Wet and Wild or Sinful Colors variety but I decided to treat myself by splurging on a $6 bottle of Loreal. I really wish I hadn't wasted my money. The quality of this nail polish is worse than what I would expect from a 99 cent polish. Its extremely thick and sticky, and goes on really streaky and transparent. I think I'd have more luck using elmers glue as a nail polish. Only pluses: good color selection and it dries quickly. I guess I learned the hard way that more expensive doesn't always mean better quality. Very displeased, Loreal.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2013 1:17:00 PM More reviews by FusiaFever

It confuses me that L'Oreal polishes are not more raved about. And what is with the low reviews? I don't like spending over $5 per bottle on nail products, since they dry up. And nail color trends change seasonally. Although I had tried several high end brands, I find that the formula is nothing to brag about.

I like the L'Oreal nail polish formula better than both OPI and Zoya polishes. I think that this polish is definitely better than the lower end Wet n' Wild or NYC polishes- streaky application. The formula is opaque and dries fast. Color pay off is great with wide selection for every taste. They are usually buy and get one free, $3-4 per bottle. Easy application.

I highly recommend L'Oreal brand nail polishes, my HG.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/2/2013 6:15:00 PM More reviews by windypeach

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love Loreal's nail polishes but unfortunately the formula does not work well for me. I've purchased three bottles (Penthouse Pink, Love in Versailles, and Walk on the Beach) because I loved the colors they came out with, if the formula was better, I'd even go as far to get all of them! Sadly, they applied really streaky and every time I use it, I would pray something happened and made them "un-streaky" but that's not the case with these. I would always have to apply a coat of glitter or something with texture to hide the streakiness. I loved the packaging, I love gold so I love the gold handle. I would have to give it one star out of five because it did not work as well as I wished it would have but I boost it up a star because I love the colors! And no, unfortunately, as far as nail polishes go, I would not purchase from this line anymore even though the new colors catch my attention. :(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2013 7:42:00 PM More reviews by Chloeclover

I don't know why there are such low ratings but I love L'oreal's nail polish! Maybe the formula has changed recently? But I recently (within the past month or two) have purchased three nail polishes. They are amazing for such a cheap price. Sure you can splurge on those nail polishes above $8 but this is wayyy cheaper. The nail polishes claim to last up to ten days. I have to say maybe up to a week. They dry so QUICKLY~~! Like omg, after one coat, it is dry, perfect when youre done. With that said, the con is that it is pretty streaky and you need at least 3 coats before it is solid and opaque.

Pros:
Cheap
Large color range
Dries very quickly (5-10 minutes!!)

Cons:
only up to 7 days of wear without top coat
needs at least 3 coats before it is solid and opaque

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2013 8:05:00 PM More reviews by HeatherDiva

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I came here to post a review specifically so I would have a reminder to never again buy L'Oreal nail polish. The formula is just awful. A gloppy mess that's difficult to work with. Such a disappointment!

Updated 7-14-13: Despite my previous bad experience with this polish brand, I'd read good things about the summer 2013 jelly colors on a couple of blogs. So I decided to pick up a few bottles in this new formulation. I recently painted my nails using Lilac Coolers and really liked the texture and sheer finish. So my rating remains low for the main line, but I am impressed with L'Oreal's jelly polishes.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2012 3:38:00 PM More reviews by polishnut

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

L'Oreal nail polish, IMO, is one of the worst drug-store brands on the market. These retail for around $6.00. For that price, I expect a good polish that will apply well and last without chipping. The range of colors is very good but the application is the worst. I have had 99-cent cheapies apply better. Right out of the bottle, the formula was very thick and gloopy. Even after thinning, it was still hard to work with. Think of any kind of bad application problem and this stuff has it. It applied streaky whether there was too much or too little product on the brush. I had issues with tip pulling and dragging. Attempts to fan the brush and push back to the cuticle resulted in a gloopy mess at the cuticle edge. Also, the polish seems to be drying almost as you paint resulting in serious dragging issues. The dry time was very short and the polish was not as shiny as I would have liked. After a topcoat and Seche Vite it was shiny though. The only thing I like about this polish is the square bottle. Therefore, this branch of polish is one that I will avoid in the future.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2012 9:15:00 PM More reviews by sugarpop3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've bought 3 different colors of L'Oreal nail colors! I love that it dries SO fast, I only wait a minute between coats. Two coats is enough to make it acceptably opaque. The shine is so great too, it doesnt get too dull too fast (without top coat). It lasts me about 3 days with minimal chipping, which I think is pretty good for the price.

I will probably buy more in the future. At the moment, Butterfly kisses is my favorite color :)