November 24, 2014 | 2004 users online

Lipstick - BeneFit Cosmetics - Shangri-La Sheers - Looking for a Good Man-darin [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2006 10:20:00 AM More reviews by greenreed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ah yes, that old lippie smell and taste. Like stale nuts. However, the color and formula is good, and I will keep it anyway since I hate returning things. If I had bought this at full price I would have been seriously P.O'd. However, since I had read the reviews first and bought it on sale, I was not too irritated.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2005 10:57:00 PM More reviews by magicmonkeymojo

Great coral lipstick! It goes on SO smoothly and doesn't dry out your lips at all. The colour looks scarily bright in the tube but as the name suggests it is actually sheer....not that sheer that no colour comes out though. The only downside is that it doesn't last long, so i have to keep reapplying throughout the day. However, i really don't mind doing that since the packaging is so pretty! I LOVE the ribbon. If this wasn't a LE item i would definitely repurchase..this is already technically my 2nd tube since i originally bought one for my mum as a present. I tried it and loved it but she wouldn't share! :P

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2004 7:17:00 PM More reviews by newromance

i've always been scared of lipsticks because of the color. but i decided to try this one because the color looked nice and it was supposed to be sheer. i'm so happy with what i got, the color is gorgeous and the texture is lightweight, moisturizing, perfect. and the sheer coral tint on your lips looks gorgeous... perfect for summer. i can't wait to get the other two colors.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2004 12:20:00 AM More reviews by moneybunny

This is possibly the smoothest lipstick ever! Feels great on, could wear longer, but if it did it wouldn't feel as good! Love the sheer coral color, and cute packaging!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2004 5:50:00 PM More reviews by powderpurr

Update 3/05: I deleted a lippie b/c after 8 months of using this it is starting to get that old lipstick smell.. yikes

6/03/04: I love, love this lipstick! I bought this for my mom but I couldn't resist trying this! It's almost like a luxurious lip balm with light color! It blends with the color of my lips to a nice pinky peach with more pink than peach -almost salmon colored! It goes well with my light complexion! I add gloss on top & it's a great look for summer!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2004 11:19:00 PM More reviews by Seraph411

I saw this shade in Allure and had to check it out. I went to my local Sephora in NYC and tried it on....I wasn't sure if I could pull it off but suprisingly it totally rocked. I have brown hair, fair skin, and green eyes and this coral shade compliments my features vey well. I am such a fan of Benefit and believe that the price is worth it for the quality along with their adorable packing aesthetic.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2004 1:17:00 AM More reviews by Baby_Yousei

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not what I expected, I was hoping for a more pigmented, peachy coral shade. This is a bright, sheer, coral with a glossy finish. It really brightened up my face and looks so nice over MAC Peachstock (makes it more peachy), I have a suspicion it'll be an exact match for MAC Gentle Coral TLC. It totally reminded me of it when I put it on, but I don't have the TLC to compare so I can't be sure =P

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2004 2:41:00 PM More reviews by DianaS

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Looking for a Good Man-darin is a sheer, glossy lipstick that looks quite a bit like MAC Sunset lipglass in the tube. On my lips, however, it turns pinker and looks more like a muted Lychee Luxe, minus the shimmer. (For once I'm loving my acid lips for turning this into more of a coral pink!)
It's less moisturizing than VL lip stains or Skin Alison Raffaele Lipskins, but still nice and light.
The packaging is pretty - it's a black tube with a light pea green floral pattern, and with a sheer green ribbon sprouting from the top.
I think that this will replace my Lychee Luxe and Coral Rush this summer, since I've at least temporarily lost my love for glosses.
continued >>