December 20, 2014 | 1661 users online

Mascara - Boots - No. 7 Ultimate Sensitive Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2011 9:48:00 AM More reviews by Judy01

I really like this. I have used Lancome for over 15 years but started to get a red eye - just the one! very attractive. So tried Clinique and found the wash off style they have introduced not to my liking. Lots of bits floating around. So went cheap and bought this one. Love it. Its light but you can layer it. It comes off easily with my old Lancome remover and no red eye. I use Clinique waterproof on my lower lashes in case the No 7 isnt waterproof as my eyes water when laughing, which I do a lot. So no red eye. Wonderful. Thank you No. 7

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2011 11:20:00 AM More reviews by May_Bee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I went out looking for a brown-black daytime mascara that I can wear for work without looking like a drag queen. Unfortunately it seems every brand now promises amazing volume/false lash effect/longest lashes ever/mega-lashes etc. I want my lashes to look excellent but NOT obviously mascara-ed! Luckily I found No.7 sensitive mascara in brown black. The short plastic bristles allow you to apply it lightly, so it enhances your eyes but looks natural and needs no combing; or more heavily, in which case it packs more punch but needs a comb through. I find the staying power excellent but it's not waterproof, so it can be removed quickly and easily. Also it is truly brown-black, which is increasingly hard to find. Highly recommended.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2009 11:25:00 PM More reviews by ninanoodle

Why so hard to find cheap, fibre free mascara these days?

Was going through a patch of itchy dry eyes - every time I absentmindedly touched my eyes they started to itch and water like crazy.

So I bought this in brown (they were out of stock in black and I was desperate.)

Gives as good a result as any other fancy mascara I've tried after curling. Doesn't clump and no fibres so so itchiness.

I must say though that I'm not a big fan of really thick, heavy mascaras so those with sparse eyelashes may find it a bit too "natural".

Washes off with water which is great for travelling/gym.

Expensive for Boots but will buy again - probably in black.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2009 9:33:00 AM More reviews by snowbunnyUK

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ok, so I only just got this, and I have yet to cry whilst wearing it (so I guess I'll update it after a commercial for an abandoned dogs' home..)
... but so far, this is excellent. Redness around and in my eyes has been clearing up, and it makes my lashes look delicate and pretty.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/13/2008 5:26:00 AM More reviews by sarboo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Not sure if they've recently changed the formula of this (for the worse). I used to love this - it gave a nice, natural look and was easily removed. Lasted for ages and didn't clump or get sticky until the very end of the bottle/container.

After a break I've come back to it to find that it's not anywhere near as good as it was. It started clumping up within a week of use. The colour on the container has rubbed off completely leaving me with a rather ugly thing which I'd be ashamed of taking out in public!

Maybe I just got a dodgy batch but I'm quite disappointed. :o(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2007 3:39:00 AM More reviews by AnnKB

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried this as I have quite sensitive eyes and wanted something for daytime that wouldn't require too much to get off and this fits the bill. applies easily, looks very natural - like you've had your lashes dyed , doesn't look heavy or clumpy,cause irritation and no bits of mascara or eyelash fall off which I've had with some brands. a bit pricey (9.50) for what it is but No7 always have offers (why can't they just reduce their prices instead of putting them up all the time??) so 1 lippie off. would buy again. they do brown/black or black. I haven't tried to apply lots ot layers to build up but will try that and update.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/8/2005 7:15:00 AM More reviews by wetmango

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Edit: after years of using this my eyes became over sensitive and now I can't use it at all.
Original review: I use nothing else because this comes off with...water! I just love the fact that i don't need special eye make-up remover, just rinse with a bit of water and off you go. It's probably not the best mascara out there when it come to curling your lashes but it builds up nicely so it give volume and legth. My favorite mascara for the last 7 years.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2004 2:09:00 PM More reviews by Gaynor

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this because I was desperate, short of time, in Boots and it fitted the bill - suitable for sensitive eyes and it came in the right colour (Navy). It is a very natural looking mascara, it gives a daytime finish but lacks the oomph I like for evening. Flakes a little towards the end of the day but it's a nightmare if you have watery eyes or you've been crying - it just disappears. On the plus side, that makes it extremely easy to remove.