April 20, 2014 | 929 users online

Lipstick - NARS - lipstick

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2013 9:51:00 PM More reviews by si193

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

NARS lipstick is $39 for 1 tube of lipstick in Australia.

for everyone else. don't complain about the cost. just saying.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/28/2012 12:46:00 PM More reviews by kateb18

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love the texture and sheer color of nars lipsticks, but the color doesn't have staying power. If I were rich, I'd buy every color, but until I am these are a special treat. Too expensive. Unlike other reviewers, I've never noticed that they have a smell. They seem odorless to me, and I actually find that to be a positive.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2010 1:59:00 AM More reviews by littlejenwu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

love Nars lippies. most of the colours are quite unique and fashion forward but very flattering imo.
the sheer finish lipsticks are fairly moisturizing but for the others I need a lip balm underneath as I have very dry lips.
My favourites are Gypsy, Viridiana, Casablanca. The cult shade 'Dolce Vita' doesnt show up on my pigmented asian lips at all, which is a shame.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2008 1:27:00 PM More reviews by murphysmomkk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Simply put - NARS needs to stick to making blush. That's about all they are good at, imo. Eyeshadows are OK, but the lipsticks - awful. Terrible smell, as if they are old, terrible drag, colors selection is a bit weird, and WAAAYYY too EXPENSIVE, even if they were good - 20 something dollars is just too much for a lipstick. Any drugstore brand (like NYX, for example) is MUCH better. Sorry, NARS, just keepin' it real.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2008 5:26:00 PM More reviews by Laura22

I just got my first shipment of all types of NARS products and I have to say that these lipsticks are a huge disappointment to me. I received the color tanganyka but the color is abit irrelevent since the smell of the product was horrible and it would not spread on my lips at all. I returned it and got a replacement which was only, shockingly, marginally better. That is to say, unusuable. I will never repurchase a NARS lippie (although I was delighted with the blushes...thats a whole other review though :) ).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2007 6:39:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Nars lipsticks are so-so in my book, especially at $23 a pop. I have tried Flair (sheer berry red stain w/slight gold shimmer) and Honolulu Honey (matte peachy nude). HH was drying, but that is expected with matte lipsticks. However, for $23 I expect something that does not go bad so easily, because when they do, they smell SO bad. Also, even when they are still fresh, they have a nasty taste, so be careful not to get any in your mouth. The packaging feels cheaper than comparably priced lipsticks from other lines (MAC, LM, even Clinique). The plastic just feels like it would crack or split easier because it's thinner. I do like the rubberized feel of Nars packaging, although I admit it does attract dust and dirt easily. Anyways, I put "would repurchase", but only at a reduced price through eBay or swapping. They're okay, but not the best lipstick on the market.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/20/2007 7:37:00 AM More reviews by makeupthebreakdown

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Pretty colors but way too drying. Would not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2006 7:53:00 PM More reviews by AliceinWonderland

I have stopped purchasing NARS lipsticks, solely on the fact that they smell nasty. Like plastic, and the rubber containers from NARS get super dirty and gross. I find the lipsticks texture kinda cruddy too. The colours are all too dark or too flat for my tastes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2006 7:44:00 PM More reviews by ruby_tea_roses

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like NARS lipsticks. Unlike the reviewer below, I have never smelled any scent at all in the NARS lipsticks that I have purchased. And I own probably 15 of them. Maybe the last reviewer got some old stock that had been sitting on a department store shelf for a really long time or something, I don't know. By the sound of her description it sounds like they got old and went bad. I purchase all of my NARS lipsticks from Sephora.com or NARScosmetics.com, and they have always arrived in perfect condition with absolutely no scent at all. I have tried many lipsticks in my life, and as far as color and quality, NARS ranks up there as one of the best! :)

rated 1 of 5 on 5/2/2006 7:05:00 PM More reviews by kuchkanev

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

although NARS has a broad color range... the quality of these lipsticks is mediocre at best... not only are they extremely drying, but they tend to have an awful stench (similar to vomit)... i have purchased about 5 of these lipsticks and i adore both barbarella & masai... it's really disappointing to find colors that you like, but can't wear... i will never purchase another one of these and i would not recommend this brand to anyone..